Yingluck picked No 1 party list candidate

Lite Beer

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong. The vote has been held - the nomination was formally decreed today

The Pheu Thai party unanimously voted to put Yingluck Shinawatra on top of the party’s list candidates which will automatically place her as the first choice for the next premiership.

Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said Monday that the party picked Ms Yingluck as the candidate for the next prime minister because she had shown the leadership in protecting democracy and the safety of the prople during the course of the anti-government protests.

Ms Yingluck’s nomination for the next premiership will be formally confirmed by the party’s executive board at the meeting on December 11.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-picked-1-party-list-candidate/

So can you explain what is meant with "The Pheu Thai party unanimously voted"?

- did all it's members vote?

- did MP's vote?

- 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts' ?

You seem overly concerned - do you want me to get hold of a copy of their rule book for you - I will if I can find an english language version on the web somewhere, but then again, I have more to do with my life. Yours, on reflection , must be pretty empty now that khun mark has dissolved your dem party.

but to save you getting all churlish and to satisfy the internal whybother type pedant in you

- I doubt it

- most probably

- <deleted>?

and the difference between this arrangement and the teflon dons endorsement (which is really what you want to "score points with") is

No Army Involvement.

Regarding the <deleted>, it's like saying 'no army involved', but forgetting about the criminal fugitive golf caddy who 'only' advises his younger sister and to which no one needs to listen.

As for 'more to do with your life' clap2.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Of course she is a party list candidate. Can't have her facing an electorate that might ask questions about perjury, parliamentary attendance or lack of it, committees she chairs without attending or accepting responsibility for, the costs and benefits of her incessant travel, her lack of veracity and consistency about her brother's influence, how much she has benefited from the rice scam, how much she would have benefited from the amnesty cash return flow on, etc.

These are personal issues before they question her party's policies, economic mismanagement, corruption and willingness to plunge the nation into debt.

As a party list candidate she is guaranteed a seat, even if she never uses it, if her party gets only a small number of votes. In systems without a party list, PMs who have proven themselves far from ideal have been given the boot from supposedly safe seats. Here, scum like the Shin clan and Chalerm are guaranteed election. If that doesn't suck, what does?

Sorry for asking again, because i do not know.
Was there any election in the PTP to vote for her?
Can not belief and never experienced that a decision-making within a party is so f****ing quick!
Can somebody, please put some light in this darkness, please?

I have to modify my earlier reply (not that it was wrong) after a PTP spokesman (Prompong?) announced today what the result of the vote "would be." You are quite right, no vote has been taken, just the result announced in advance.

You are wrong. The vote has been held - the nomination was formally decreed today

Without chasing up the link, I specifically recall Prompong announcing what the result "would be" rather than was. That he was correct in his prediction/revelation/foresight/inside information and whether this was as a result of an overseas call, no way affects that it was a foregone conclusion decreed by the only non-member of the party who makes the decisions. The facade of democracy is merely that.