Thai-Cambodia border explosions explained as 'satellite'

webfact

Don't know if this has anything to do with the explosions but I live around 500 metres from Surin airfield and every week I see the Thai drone take off and then return around one and half hour later. This happens every week flying over the disputed area.

This morning it left around 7 am and has not returned as yet so maybe and I only say maybe there has been a problem with the Drone plane

The Thai's have a drone! Now that is scary!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's OK, she just resigned.

Yes they do have a drone. I have been here 5 years near the airfield and they take it from the army camp some 2km away to the airfield. I have seen this numerous times and I can say that it is not armed and only used for areal photographs. You cannot fail to miss it taking off and landing as it is one noisy plane.

They sit on the runway 15 minuets on high revs which I presume must be to get the grid references for take off and landing. It takes off and spirals upwards until desired height then disappears for over 1 hour

Can you please post a picture? I am absolutely fascinated that Thailand has a drone. So yeah I guess if

it crashed a story would have to be invented.  But a satellite crashing is a pretty weak cover story....  :-) 

Thailand do have drones....1 is stationed in surin airport. Seen it....heard it....noisy little bugger. Sounds more like those huge rc model planes....

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By any chance was "Made in China" stamped on any of the pieces?

Of course.

Let's not forget to pull the Chinese into this.

And how much do you think would they care about your "please let me be dumb, too" statement?

So go ahead and proof yourself, say something, even if it's

that much.

coffee1.gif

It should be quite easy to ID the 5 pieces of metal that fell from the sky and if it was a Thai drone, then the Khmers should have something to bitch about [with evidence]. There is a lot of difference between drone parts and satellite parts that even a layman could detect.

Reminds me of an episode of a TV show years ago.

A guy was killed by a falling satellite.

A guy comments " I can't believe how lucky he was! "

"What do you mean lucky? He is dead!"

" Yeah, but what are the odds of getting hit by a satellite? He's lucky!"

What are the odds of a satellite hitting the same location twice?

These people are very, very lucky!

Lovely, fantastic, exciting ...

Once again, Thailand educates the rest of the world

Medium Earth orbit (MEO) satellite sustain orbital altitudes of 1,200 to 35,792 kilometers (746 to 22,240 miles) above Earth's surface lasting 12 hours per orbit. Satellites in semi-synchronous orbit, used for GPS satellites, maintain a height of 26,560 kilometers (16,504 miles) above Earth's surface.

Thailand says; "WRONG"

A satellite orbits Earth when its speed is balanced by the pull of Earth's gravity. Without this balance, the satellite would fly in a straight line off into space or fall back to Earth. Satellites orbit Earth at different heights, different speeds and along different paths. The two most common types of orbit are "geostationary" and "polar."

Thailand says; "WRONG AGAIN" - satellites are placed next to Thai/Cambodian border so every nearby village members can hear any explosion.

A geostationary satellite travels from west to east over the equator. It moves in the same direction and at the same rate Earth is spinning. From Earth, a geostationary satellite looks like it is standing still since it is always above the same location.

Take a guess what "Smart" Thailand would say again!

Thailand ... who on earth gave you the permission to be so arrogant to believe the rest of the world's experts are all dumb?

After reading this article several times I do not understand what you are rebuking, particularly in the context of the news story and what the Thai authorities have said. You have pasted in text from enlightened sources to demonstrate that you know what you are talking about and the result is entirely the opposite.

(A "malfunction" might occur (perhaps in the orbital correction system) and a satellite fall prematurely. That being said, I am frankly sceptical that the bangs came from a satellite- but your post is nonetheless antagonistic and annoyingly ignorant).

Your first paste, about MEO satellites- Yeah, so?

Your second paste. So yes, satellites are kept in orbit by a balance between their velocity and the Earth's gravity. What is your point? Do you believe that this means that the orbit does not decay and that the object will not eventually fall back to earth? (You would probably go catatonic if I informed you that at each moment all of our satellites are falling towards the earth). And it is your own assumption that the theorized satellite was said to be over the Thai Cambodian Border. If a geostationary satellite falls to earth on the Thai- Cambodian border its orbital synchronization was likely somewhere else. I will let you figure that out yourself. (Hint: the planet rotates and there is friction).

Your third cut & paste is a blatant exposure of your lack of knowledge- proof that you are clipping information concerning something about which you are highly ignorant. FYI- Hundreds of geostationary satellites form a large network- a constellation- over this planet- They do not move only above the equator!

Harleys: Who on earth gave you the permission to be so arrogant and ignorant to believe that you can berate someone by attacking them with technical knowledge that you do not comprehend. It is bad enough that many Thai bashers will twist truths that they are cognizant of. But in this case your application of facts is more like a monkey trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle of the Taj Mahal.

Edited by techboy

Don't know if this has anything to do with the explosions but I live around 500 metres from Surin airfield and every week I see the Thai drone take off and then return around one and half hour later. This happens every week flying over the disputed area.

This morning it left around 7 am and has not returned as yet so maybe and I only say maybe there has been a problem with the Drone plane

They have hundreds in Government House.

• Like 2

Possibly, not any more.