Thailand's EC sees chance snap election 'might not happen

webfact

Quite apparent that at least 48% of the electorate are simply too immature and lack the mental capacity to participate in an electoral process. Most serious observers agree that a better solution is for a benevolent force to lead the country while education levels and judicial/law enforcement systems are drastically improved. Suthep would be as good as anybody to assume power for the next decade to allow the democratic bedrock to be laid squarely and without the corruption and violence that has become synonymous with regime Shinawat.

Now you have completely lost it - suthep to assume power for the next decade!

The democrats are thinking of boycotting the election (something ithey've done before) and you say that the blame is on 48% of the electorate for being immature and lack the mental capacity to participate in an electoral process.

Please run me through your logical approach to that.

One thing that is sure is that the EC will need to be independant for once and closely scrutanise the dems for any pressure they put on the smaller parties not to contest election seats should the dems boycott them.

Didn't your superhero Thaksin once say he would be in power for 20 years?

He is still in power. Who said he isn't?

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the party's meeting todayDecember 11 would set the vote-wooing strategies for five regions for both party-list and constituency candidates. This should be completed next week and the party would be ready once the EC set the application dates.

Could one take this comment as meaning that the monies for the vote buying are coming into place along with an extremely large long handled dung fork so as to remove and disperse the manure that has accumulated around the party and its aims?

Is there a way to educate people so they'll vote in the right way?

Seem a lot of the problems come from people thinking there is a "right way" to vote, and a "wrong way" to vote.

What seems to be missing from the dems is the ability to explain what their policies are, in terms that everyone can understand - whether it is a bangkok educated or a rural worker.

The "no need to explain" attitude is whats keeping them out of office. Rightly or wrongly, PT play the game far, far better than the dems.

Seem a lot of the problems come from people thinking there is a "right way" to vote, and a "wrong way" to vote.

What seems to be missing from the dems is the ability to explain what their policies are, in terms that everyone can understand - whether it is a bangkok educated or a rural worker.

The "no need to explain" attitude is whats keeping them out of office. Rightly or wrongly, PT play the game far, far better than the dems.

That could be part of the problem.

Or it could be that the Dems make promises that could be met, whilst PTP promise the world with no idea how to achieve it, even if they had any intent on doing it.

Quite apparent that at least 48% of the electorate are simply too immature and lack the mental capacity to participate in an electoral process. Most serious observers agree that a better solution is for a benevolent force to lead the country while education levels and judicial/law enforcement systems are drastically improved. Suthep would be as good as anybody to assume power for the next decade to allow the democratic bedrock to be laid squarely and without the corruption and violence that has become synonymous with regime Shinawat.

I think you should go and live together with Suthep in North Korea, enjoy dictatorship, that's what you are hoping for.

That could be part of the problem.

Or it could be that the Dems make promises that could be met, whilst PTP promise the world with no idea how to achieve it, even if they had any intent on doing it.

All of you left out the bit about Thaksin bought vote wholesales.

• Like 1

And you think that after 10 years they would just "give up" their power?

I think you are a bit naive

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Asked if the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) had called on the EC not to stage the election, she said the EC would follow the PDRC's order if it had won the current impasse.

"[but] Thais have no experience of a 'People's Revolution'. I think the PDRC [is not in a position] to claim it has won. Now the EC must monitor closely [if there is a] winner that could take all," she said."

Erm, say what? This is a member of the election commission? Is she saying that the election commission will follow the orders of that loony fascist, suthep? God help us all if this is how they are thinking.

Edited by Bluespunk

Democratic party wants to boycot elections because they know alread they're not gonna win. How undemocratic. Although i strongly disagree with peu thai party. What happened here the last few weeks was a farce to democracy

Don't be sure about the Democrats boycotting the election, let's take the last one - Pheua Thai 15 million, Democrats 11 million, No votes over 1 million,( mainly from the PAD who will vote or the Democrats next time).

Let's wait and see the platforms, the promises, the leaders.

myluckythai- you're right about the last few weeks being a farce to democracy- who would believe a government would try to pass a law that would cancel thousands of cases of corruption over the last few years!

Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Clealy Suthep's attitude of "we are the master race" and all those kwais in Isaan are just "untermenchen" is shared by quite a few of the usual suspects on TV.

I've rarely read such elitist, sneering drivel in my life. Adolph Hitler would have been proud of you.

Now please pay attention, will you?

Adolf Hitler was a 'farang', so who cares what he might have thought biggrin.png

Clealy Suthep's attitude of "we are the master race" and all those kwais in Isaan are just "untermenchen" is shared by quite a few of the usual suspects on TV.

I've rarely read such elitist, sneering drivel in my life. Adolph Hitler would have been proud of you.

Now please pay attention, will you?

Adolf Hitler was a 'farang', so who cares what he might have thought biggrin.png

Suthep is not opposed to Pheua Thai, the red shirts and/or Issan people.

He's opposed to the Shinawats who are Thais of Chinese descent.

Chuan Leekpai can speak Issan quite well, (he picked it up from his school friends), Suthep can probably speak some northern Thai, having gone to university in Chiang Mai along with Yingluck.

I think you should go and live together with Suthep in North Korea, enjoy dictatorship, that's what you are hoping for.

"I think you should go and live together with Suthep in North Korea, enjoy dictatorship, that's what you are hoping for"

again a post perfectly on topic: "Thailand's EC sees chance snap election 'might not happen" because NOT deleted by the strict moderators

thank you moderators for really being so selective & choosy - perfect example of a perfect democrazy - elections not happen...

hoping that this time you like & share my opinion, thank you again

Democratic party wants to boycot elections because they know alread they're not gonna win. How undemocratic.

Although i strongly disagree with peu thai party. What happened here the last few weeks was a farce to democracy

the democratic party is NOT against fair elections. what happened since tax-sin "was a farce to democracy"

the protesters are protesting corruption! are YOU FOR corruption? corrupted elections are "a farce to democracy"

and should NOT happen, all true democratic people should boycott them (Capt. Boycott 1880)

disappeared/deleted without any reason by red shirts! here it comes again! and don't tell me its not about boycott corruption...

Welcome to ThaiVisa. We don't get many North Koreans commenting on here. Let's hear it for Dear Leader Suthep.

Edited by Spalpeen