IKEA recalls wall-mounted lamps due to strangulation hazard

webfact

IKEA recalls wall-mounted lamps due to strangulation hazard

ikea_smila.png

BANGKOK: -- IKEA urges all customers that have an IKEA SMILA wall mounted lamp to check immediately that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children when in a cot or playpen. Ensure that the cord is securely fastened to the wall as loose lamp cords can present a strangulation hazard to infants and young children.ikea_smila

IKEA has received a report of a tragic accident in Scotland, where an infant in a cot died after getting entangled with the cord of a SMILA wall mounted lamp. No reports of injury have been received in Thailand.

Customers are asked to proceed to the Exchange & Returns department or call Customer Services at 02-708-7999 Ext 4004. to receive a repair kit free of charge containing a warning label, safety instructions and self-adhesive fasteners for fixing the lamp cord to the wall.

IKEA reminds customers that any corded product such as a window covering or blind can present a strangulation hazard. Accessible cords should always be kept out of reach of young children.

IKEA apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

Source: http://scandasia.com/ikea-recalls-wall-mounted-lamps-due-strangulation-hazard/

-- ScandAsia 2013-12-11

I was an IKEA shopper in EU and before the IKEA meant good price with normally quality.

But this was turned.

I saw in Thai IKEA many many under quality products, and I bought a 100% useless can-opener. I have never thought this can be happened in IKEA.

But their food still is good (if you like horse meat too:)