Policeman Mobbed, Severely Injured By Anti-Govt Protesters

Lite Beer

Policeman Mobbed, Severely Injured By Anti-Govt Protesters
13867667131386766850l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A police officer in charge of overseeing the anti-government protests on Ratchadamnoen Avenue has been admitted to hospital with severe injuries after he was mobbed by a group of protesters.

Reports say Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Sunthorn Nongyai was filming a man playing guitar in front of a restaurant in the protest site last night when he was spotted by the protesters. The protest guards accused the police officer of spying on them, and reportedly proceeded to kick him in the face.

The guards also took his smartphones. They later blindfolded and handcuffed Pol.Sgt.Maj. Sunthorn before beating beating him repeatedly, until protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban learned of the incident and ordered the guards to stop.

Reportedly, Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Sunthorn suffered with head injuries and wound infections in his knees, causing the medical team to operate on his nose and keep him at the hospital.

His condition has been described as severe, but gradually improving.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5qYzJOamN4TXc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he suppose to have a back up from the other cops with him. Recording on a smartphone was in his private, and not official, capacity.

accusing somebody for "spying" because he recorded on a smartphone, is beyond believe

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 1

This is the future if Suthep gets his way.

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

... until protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban learned of the incident and ordered the guards to stop.

One may add here that k. Suthep should also lecture those guards on their duty which doesn't include harassing or harming policemen.

• Like 1

When did this happen? Very bad indeed. Despicable acts normally reserved for red shirt thugs.

Blimey, you're improving. Normally at this stage you would swear blind that it was the UDD that were responsible. Note that you still use the good old catchall phrase of "red shirt thugs", haven't quite thrown that off yet.

Haha have another cold one, your delusions get better the drunker you get!

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

Just one remark, i already condemned these actions.

If you read correctly it stopped the moment Suthep hear about it (allegedly) So that points to him not condoning it either. So how that would point that this would happen a lot if he gets in power is beyond me.

Well, after we make an example...let's not let it go TOO far. Let him go boys. You did your job.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

If you read correctly it stopped the moment Suthep hear about it (allegedly) So that points to him not condoning it either. So how that would point that this would happen a lot if he gets in power is beyond me.

That's exactly what Hitler said before he murdered Rohm (special security).

And then he went on to create...?

You should study a bit more modern history my friend.

And this thread's prize for the first inane mention of Hitler goes to...................

Nah, the first mention of Thaksin appeared long before. The winner is...! cheesy.gif

That's exactly what Hitler said before he murdered Rohm (special security).

And then he went on to create...?

You should study a bit more modern history my friend.

Ah godwins law is true again.

• Like 1

He was beaten, that is wrong. But he was not beaten to within an inch of his life.

So that makes it allright then ? Time for the police to act, real protestors don't have or need a security detail, lock them up and throw away the key.

You might want to read the first sentence of my post. My point was that exaggerating what happened is unnecessary. As for real protestors not needing a security detail and being locked up I assume you're including the red stormtroopers from 2010 in that category.

He was beaten, that is wrong. But he was not beaten to within an inch of his life.

So that makes it allright then ? Time for the police to act, real protestors don't have or need a security detail, lock them up and throw away the key.

You might want to read the first sentence of my post. My point was that exaggerating what happened is unnecessary. As for real protestors not needing a security detail and being locked up I assume you're including the red stormtroopers from 2010 in that category.

No I do not, after all that was 2010, it is now December 2013. Quite surprising the level of matureness on here, you sound like a little kid. I am not discussing the red shirts, I don't care about the red shirts either. I simply state that real demonstrators don't need a security detail, and that this particular security detail should be locked up, based on what they did according to this article. That others have done the same thing over three years ago, is of no consequence whatsoever.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

... until protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban learned of the incident and ordered the guards to stop.

One may add here that k. Suthep should also lecture those guards on their duty which doesn't include harassing or harming policemen.

Yes, i agree believe its not the first time this happened.

No I do not, after all that was 2010, it is now December 2013. Quite surprising the level of matureness on here, you sound like a little kid. I am not discussing the red shirts, I don't care about the red shirts either. I simply state that real demonstrators don't need a security detail, and that this particular security detail should be locked up, based on what they did.

Oh dear, getting personal are we. Your original argument makes no sense if you don't include all protest security details. If it is wrong now then it was wrong then. I personally don't see the need for security details. Attracts those looking for a ruck. If you are referring to just one security detail you should have said so in your post.

Edited by Bluespunk

Propaganda. Maybe.

And how much corruption paid for the cop's "Smartphones"

Most reds cannot afford one!

Pitty that his dad did not own Red Bull, and the, maybe, invented assaillants did not use a Ferrari to hurt, sorry kill acop.

Be the latter you get away free. Bet daddy's in the ruling gang.

Justice?

Edited by Soi Sauce