Depressed by ill health, Phuket Swede commits suicide

webfact

Depressed by ill health, Phuket Swede commits suicide
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Swedish man was found dead in bed yesterday afternoon (December 11) with his throat cut. Police have declared the death a suicide.

Per Torben Lindgren, 57, was living with his wife Kachamon Boonraksa, 38, in a house on Soi Supkanya in Rawai.

She told police that at about 1 pm yesterday Mr Lindgren asked her to go and buy him some food. When she came back she found the door and windows locked. There was no answer from inside, and no answer when she called his mobile phone.

She managed to break in and found her husband dead in the bed with his throat cut. Close by were three fruit knives, and kitchen knife and sledge hammer.

Ms Kachamon explained that her husband had been ill for a long time and said every day that he wanted to die. She added that he had recently been for medical tests and was due to go to the hospital to learn the results.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/depressed-by-ill-health-phuket-swede-commits-suicide-43390.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-12

The police just say the first thing that comes into their subnormal brains.

A classic example yesterday of a Thai guy found dead in the street in Korat city, conclusion was that he was drunk and fell asleep on the street and froze to death because it was cool (18C).

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2

Health woes blamed for Swedish expat suicide in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131212113325308_XwcsmJYcluM
Rescue workers found several blood-stained knives and a pound hammer at the scene. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Swedish expat who had repeatedly told his girlfriend he wanted to die because of health problems killed himself yesterday after sending his girlfriend out to buy lunch.

When Kotchamon Boonraksa, 38, returned to the house in Rawai an hour later, the doors and windows were locked.

“I called his phone again and again, but he didn’t answer,” she said. “When I heard something fall onto the floor, I broke in through the back door.”

Once inside, Ms Kotchamon found Per Torben Lindgren, 57, lifeless on his bed. His throat had been cut.

Police and Ruamjai rescue workers called to the scene found three knives and a hammer all stained with blood on the floor, said Capt Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police.

Ms Kotchamon told officers that the couple had lived in the house for about three years.

“We didn’t have any problems with each other and we didn’t argue,” she said. “But he said many times that he wanted to die because of health problems.”

Mr Lindgren had been sick recently and had a checkup with his doctor. He was supposed to go in to get his test results today, Ms Kotchamon said.

Capt Thada said police would question neighbors and review autopsy results from Vachira Phuket Hospital before confirming the cause of death.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Health-woes-blamed-for-Swedish-expat-suicide-in-Phuket-23006.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-12

R.I.P.....According to PW he cut his throat and bled out into a bucket to keep it all clean..not an easy task to cut ones own throat, but if as he said he was very ill, the depression can allow ones mind to do things outside the norm.

Now enter the ''conspiracy theorists from TV's finest sleuths...off you go ...sad.png

The same blog posted a partial pic of the deceased, which i find is in very poor taste and sensationalism at best.

I asked the blog master twice why he felt this neccessary, but as he has the ultimate power over what is said and done to his advantage..my request has not been published at this time and probably will not be, because it is very hard to justify IMO.

I

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

Close by were three fruit knives, and kitchen knife and sledge hammer.

So he even put the knifes back after he cut his own throat. Did he also clean them first ?

Definitely suicide ( Thai version )

No he didn't, you're making that up.

Health woes blamed for Swedish expat suicide in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131212113325308_XwcsmJYcluM

Rescue workers found several blood-stained knives and a pound hammer at the scene. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Swedish expat who had repeatedly told his girlfriend he wanted to die because of health problems killed himself yesterday after sending his girlfriend out to buy lunch.

When Kotchamon Boonraksa, 38, returned to the house in Rawai an hour later, the doors and windows were locked.

“I called his phone again and again, but he didn’t answer,” she said. “When I heard something fall onto the floor, I broke in through the back door.”

Once inside, Ms Kotchamon found Per Torben Lindgren, 57, lifeless on his bed. His throat had been cut.

Police and Ruamjai rescue workers called to the scene found three knives and a hammer all stained with blood on the floor, said Capt Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police.

Ms Kotchamon told officers that the couple had lived in the house for about three years.

“We didn’t have any problems with each other and we didn’t argue,” she said. “But he said many times that he wanted to die because of health problems.”

Mr Lindgren had been sick recently and had a checkup with his doctor. He was supposed to go in to get his test results today, Ms Kotchamon said.

Capt Thada said police would question neighbors and review autopsy results from Vachira Phuket Hospital before confirming the cause of death.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Health-woes-blamed-for-Swedish-expat-suicide-in-Phuket-23006.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-12

Why on earth have these so called rescue workers picked up the exhibits/evidence and laid it out on the floor for a photo opportunity? The possible crime scene is now totally contaminated. These exhibits would be tagged and photographed/video in situ, they will then be placed in paper bags and sealed touched by one person alone who will make a statement. I have attended numerous suspicious deaths and yes we call in the ambos to check on the body and they say yes dead but we never let them gather exhibits or evidence so they can pose for a photo opportunity.

Once the Ambos have arrived and determined there is nothing they can do, their details are noted and they leave the scene. They definitely don't gather up exhibits or eveidence and smile for the media.

Thailand grow up and get some knowledge on investigations. You are silly little kids playing cops and robbers

• Like 1

R.I.P.....According to PW he cut his throat and bled out into a bucket to keep it all clean..not an easy task to cut ones own throat, but if as he said he was very ill, the depression can allow ones mind to do things outside the norm.

Now enter the ''conspiracy theorists from TV's finest sleuths...off you go ...sad.png

The same blog posted a partial pic of the deceased, which i find is in very poor taste and sensationalism at best.

I asked the blog master twice why he felt this neccessary, but as he has the ultimate power over what is said and done to his advantage..my request has not been published at this time and probably will not be, because it is very hard to justify IMO.

I

Me personally as a serving cop would put this down as a murder investigation, no if no buts. The thing that most hits me in the face is that he allegedly commits suicide on the day he was to receive the medical report as to why he was sick.

Was he sick prior to meeting this woman? Did he actually say everyday he wanted to kill himself? (her word alone) Why did she leave him alone on this day if he was suicidal? He was about to get the toxicogy / medical reports that day as why he was sick. These are a couple of questions I would put to her but not in the 1st hour of interview. I would be psyching her out 1st then hit her with the hard questions.

The fact that the media, ambos, and so called recue squads have trampled all over the scene and moved and posed with evidence and exhibits and totally contaminated any evidence is extremely disturbing.

I have worked with the BIB as part of an exchange program and I shutter.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I always have wondered ? Where the geniuses that come up with the Stats on

Suicide , compile their data from??? Do they have a Survey of all people who died ?

Of course not , they were dead , No queries possible ! Unless they communicate with Ghosts!

Maybe they ask survivors of failed suicides , did it hurt much? Were you in a certain Degree of Pain ?

One thing for Certain , there's nothing worth dying for more then escaping from Chronic Pain !

Hunter S. Thompson opted for this method , I believe he used a firearm from his collection !

PAIN management doesn't seem to be understood by medical staff in Thailand . that's why the amount of

Bi-Polar diagnoses have increased here , and Girls from the bars seem to have more then their fair share of

THEM !

I do wonder if some wives here as in other countries , help their Chronic Pain ridden husband leave the planet

as per his request ,so not killing himself , a believer in Thou shall not kill , not even yourself ,so sayeth the Lord !

I

Me personally as a serving cop would put this down as a murder investigation, no if no buts. The thing that most hits me in the face is that he allegedly commits suicide on the day he was to receive the medical report as to why he was sick.

Was he sick prior to meeting this woman? Did he actually say everyday he wanted to kill himself? (her word alone) Why did she leave him alone on this day if he was suicidal? He was about to get the toxicogy / medical reports that day as why he was sick. These are a couple of questions I would put to her but not in the 1st hour of interview. I would be psyching her out 1st then hit her with the hard questions.

The fact that the media, ambos, and so called recue squads have trampled all over the scene and moved and posed with evidence and exhibits and totally contaminated any evidence is extremely disturbing.

I have worked with the BIB as part of an exchange program and I shutter.

I'm sorry, but that level of proficiency does not exist in Thailand and it is delusional to expect any form of professionalism from the police or ambulance services.

It's much more important for the police or rescue services to get their pictures taken so they can update their facebook page.

However, I do note that two of them are wearing rubber gloves, so may be able to get prints or evidence off the knives etc. But chances are that the chap not wearing the gloves handled the evidence.

I like the European volunteers "no knee" jeans - real class. coffee1.gif

Columbo surveys the scene, shakes his head wearily, heads for the door, fumbling in his ratty raincoat pockets for a light for his dead cigar. With his hand on the doorknob, he turns around.

"Sorry, I just thought'a something. I hate to bother ya, but.."

Don't mean to be disrespectful to the deceased or his wife, but all of the speculation that always accompanies these stories made me think of "the lootenant".

R.I.P. and condolences to the widow.

This could very well be a murder case , not a suicide . So maybe the police should try to investigate this a little bit?

If he was was really sick , like cancer or aids I can understand he want to leave this earth , but if it was the flu , no way.

Edited by balo

Warrner Brothers – Los Angeles, CA – Following on the success of CSI Los Angeles, CSI Miami and CSI Miami, Warrner Bros Studios will produce CSI Phuket. The series will begin airing in mid-2014.

According to Studio Chief Liev Harim, the wealth of story content of unsolvable crimes and bizarre deaths on that tropical island will be a bonanza for our viewers.

• Like 1

They found 3 fruit knives, a kitchen knife and a sledge hammer, all bloodied. No way he could have stabbed himself with the 3 fruit knives, then clobbed his own head and as he was falling down, slit his own throat and fallen dead with a big thud which was heard by his wife when she decided to break the door. Before that she kept calling him and there was no noise? Utter BS.