Business Regestration Address Options

dive_mistress

Not sure if this should go here or the other forum..

I am in the process of registering a business and getting a work permit.

I want to use my rented house as an address/office.

However my landlords have told me I can NOT use my house because they dont want the tax office to know they have the houses. (I think the word is encroachment) but i try not to ask to many questions. they dont want to pay tax. So now ????

I must move unless there is another option? My accountant could have registerd the business to her address but now that i want the work permit it must be registered to an office where I have my sign up and have..an office.

I think I will just have to move....... I like the house but not dealing with shady people.........

I did hear that a more questionable accountant can set it up from his office?

There not so many landlords who want farangs to open businesses in their rental houses as they then risk to be tax registered.

Rent a shop house in a not expensive area and work and live there, you have a lot of space and it is better for the landlords.

You can get away with 5000 bath per month, and please do not ask me where the location of such a fine building, look around in the area you could think for a rent. You might need some paint works and repairs done to make it liveable, but then again no business runs without some investments. :o

You should have real lawyer with experience setting this up for you. To help keep you out of trouble. Just having an accountant doesn't cut it.

I'm not sure what the nature of your business is but to get a wp you need to pay yourself 35000bht a month salary which incurs a 2000baht a month tax.

There are numerous other expenses involved including accounting and auditor fees.

I you can afford it see a lawyer, do. If you cant you probably should rethink the business. Initial business set up and wp application runs about 37000bht through a proper lawyer.

I agree with your landlords. If you declare them as landlords and deduct your rent, there are tax liabilities.

I only know of two lawyers who routinely handle the farang biz setup. They both know what they are doing.

The one in Patong is extremely busy all the time and the one I use in Phuket town is much more access-able.

THanks for the replies. I definetly dont need a shop and it can be a home business, with everytihing done online. Also need the WP to freelance write/dive master.

I started the registration process already.. but NEED an address.

I thought a lawyer would be more expensive then an accountant? But it seems as though it is the same price.......?

THanks for the replies. I definetly dont need a shop and it can be a home business, with everytihing done online. Also need the WP to freelance write/dive master.

I started the registration process already.. but NEED an address.

I thought a lawyer would be more expensive then an accountant? But it seems as though it is the same price.......?

the "shop house" is just a style, you dont need to use it as a shop and some of them are a lot nicer than the "houses" that you can rent. every time you change the address afaik you will incur charges as well.

seen plenty of signs around for "office" space rental, maybe they would do a good deal for a letter box and a nameplate with one chair :o

Is it really worth the money for you to setup a business and pay all the fees, have you made a business plan? Have calculated all the cost that mast be paid every month, setup of company, tax, social tax, accounting, visa runs, work permit fees, getting a B non visa.

Maybeyou can just write in your home and not tell anyone, think it is cheaper. running a company now a days cost about 140.000 bath per year for a low income company.

Doesn't really sound like you'll be generating the cash flow to justify the expenses of maintaining the business.

Also when you are issued a wp it is for a specific job. Not a general permission to work in Thailand.

Reasons for going the company/wp route;

As a vehicle to purchase land.

As a route towards residency.

or you actually have a business/job that generates the cash to justify the rigamarole.

If you are a qualified dive instructor there should be a few dive operations looking to hire.

Maybeyou can just write in your home and not tell anyone, think it is cheaper.

This won't work unless the Landlord agrees as you need to provide for the Tax Id or VAT

1. Either a letter of consent you can operate a business or a lease in the companies name

2. Household registration of the building

3. Personal household registration of the Landlord and copy of his ID card signed

That is if the Landlord is an individual. If the Landlord is a company then additional paperwork is required

1. The company affidavit of the Landlord company

2. Sales contract when they bought the premises

3. Either a letter of consent you can operate a business or a lease in the companies name

4. Household registration of the building

5 Personal household registration of the Director and copy of his ID card signed

In Bangkok, we have service office, executive desks and virtual offices that can be used. In Phuket Town, we will have the same format in the next two weeks.

www.lawyer.th.com

www.lawyer.th.com