mobile phone pix

fabianfred

Seems I haven't posted in here yet. Just got my LG G2 phone with 13Mpixel camera. Since this subject doesn't fit into any current topics will stick it in here.

Our linear accelerator microwave amplifier (klystron) has failed after 30 years of service we received two donated Klystron tubes from Japan. These are rated at 6 Megawatts 2.856GHz.

The color accuracy and saturation on the LG G2 is pretty good and the AWB also as this was taken under fluorescent lights only.

The image is rather large as to show the lettering detail so added as an attachment rather than offsite linked image. In the original photo the letters are very sharp. Was thinking of starting a new topic on Technology in Thailand but may not be

fair as I have access to a lot of nice toys at the lab. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifKlystron.jpg

Tywais' Technology in Thailand? Why not? Go for it......but be prepared for the gang to come up with some inventive interpretations of the topic ..... wink.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another mobile phone technology shot. Assembling the 6 Megawatt microwave Klystron now. Installation and testing after Songkran.

Located underground (our cave) with the linear accelerator so no natural light, just fluorescent. AWB seems to work ok on the LG G2.

A little motion blur as he is cranking the overhead pulley. So exposure time 1/13 second so OIS (image stabilization) does a good job.

13556487164_f52173bf14_c.jpg

What does that do?

how long will it take to microwave a piece of left over pizza? biggrin.png

• 5 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread I reckon, especially after I stumbled upon a fantastic site

last night while doing ugrades on one of my computers. Where & what took these fotos?

Was it a Canon, a Leica, a Nikon? Hah! Sure wasn't a Phase or Hassie either...

post-146250-0-41596300-1411545454_thumb.

post-146250-0-63515300-1411545470_thumb.

post-146250-0-32332400-1411545498_thumb.

Have a look here to find out....

http://www.ippawards.com/?project=2014-winners

Some wonderful pix in there...have a go!

Edited by sunshine51