Protest leader Suthep says Feb 2 election must be put off

webfact

There is no hope of a stable political situation being achieved in Thailand until either side modernize by ridding themselves of those individuals tainted by histories of corruption / cheating (including, but not limited to, Thaksin and Suthep) and set themselves up (and present themselves) in such a way that all the people (including supporters of the opposition) can accept that they came to power, and are using their power, in a fair and proper way (notwithstanding that obviously some will not agree with particular policies / ideological themes).

I don't think there is much value in either side (either the government or the opposition) listing / explaining / shouting about the historical wrongdoings of the other side, as by now the shortcomings on both sides are well known. Rather, the focus on both sides should now be on identifying, accepting and fixing their own problems, and convincing the electorate as a whole (not just their own fanatics) that they are the best party for the future (rather than this never ending, negative and by now quite pointless discussion / argument / bickering about who was the worst in the past).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is he? He won't accept snap elections, ok, he is free to not go and cast his vote.

I used to like him. His opposition to T dynasty was a good movement.

But now he seems to think its his way or hiway. There are laws in this country. Elections in Feb is the law, wheather he likes it or not.

He started a good movement, and then promptly turned it into his own quest to become dictator.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app