Yingluck's face stamped at Thammasat library

webfact

Yingluck's face stamped at Thammasat library

By Coconuts Bangkok

stamp.jpg?itok=fR_KdHKg

BANGKOK: -- It was supposed to be a secret joke during the librarians boring routine of stamping new books and newspapers.

A librarian at Thammasat University was forced to admit that she frequently and intentionally used the universitys logo to stamp on the Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's photos on the newspapers at Puey Ungpakorn Library, the main library of Rangsit campus.

As Thammasat University is known for its democratic and liberal values, students of Thammasat have found the librarian's PM-stamping habit extremely inappropriate since the official university logo she used arguably reflects the view of Thammasat. The topic was raised in a discussion on the personal Facebook of student vice-president Nattapong Petcharat, who observed every newspaper in the library and snapped evidence of the librarian's bias on Wednesday.

The controversy caused the director of Thammasat University Libraries, Srichan Chanchiwa to investigate and reveal to the public that one of their staff had been intentionally stamping the library logo on Yingluck's face for quite a while until Nattapong noticed. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/12/13/yinglucks-face-stamped-thammasat-library

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-12-13

Where is the time that Thai where respectful ?? Sad to see Sutheps followers tearing the country and where the people stand for down .

Pay the rice farmer and be respectful.

I don't condone this school prank, but it is a school after all, did you get up to pranks at school ???? leave Suthep out of this he didn't order it.

Respect has to be earned, If there is non from the top you cannot expect it at the grass roots. We need Leadership--not corruption, lead by example and in time the populace will get the message.

as in Europe where respectful Leadership and corruption go hand in hand : Berlusconi in Italy or the UK where donations to political parties can buy influence or position.

Where is the time that Thai where respectful ?? Sad to see Sutheps followers tearing the country and where the people stand for down .

Pay the rice farmer and be respectful.

I don't condone this school prank, but it is a school after all, did you get up to pranks at school ???? leave Suthep out of this he didn't order it.

Respect has to be earned, If there is non from the top you cannot expect it at the grass roots. We need Leadership--not corruption, lead by example and in time the populace will get the message.

as in Europe where respectful Leadership and corruption go hand in hand : Berlusconi in Italy or the UK where donations to political parties can buy influence or position.

I look at it this way, donations to parties, up to them -whoever- PAYMENT direct to a voter is different. I can never ever think my father or grandfather ever received money to vote. In them days you were Tory blue or labour red, you cheered for Cambridge if you were Tory and Oxford if you were labour. You bought the Daily Herald -Labour or the Mail-Tory. If you lived in a council house you were labour- you owned your home Tory, Grammer school Tory-Secondary Labour. it was tradition in built through families.

Here you are bought direct-in your face stuff.

• Like 1