Timeframe for applying for annual extension

The only office that I can recall that has an appointment system is Chiang Mai and from reports it is booked up months in advance.

You can do your extension within the last 30 days (45 at some offices) of your extension.

Thanks. I just set up my appointment (Chiang Mai). Yeah. Already booked out to late March.

• 5 months later...

The only office that I can recall that has an appointment system is Chiang Mai and from reports it is booked up months in advance.

You can do your extension within the last 30 days (45 at some offices) of your extension.

Does that mean within the last 30 days before the visa expires ( am currently on a visa , not an extension), or within the last 30 days of any entry

Does that mean within the last 30 days before the visa expires ( am currently on a visa , not an extension), or within the last 30 days of any entry

Within last 30 days of the expiration of the last 90 day permit to stay you get with the visa after a border run.

Personal example:-

My multi entry Non-O expired 15 Nov 2013

My last border run with this was 15 Aug 2013 and my new permitted to stay date was 12 Nov 2013

I went to immigration Sakon Nakhon 7 Oct 2013 for an extension for retirement and they gave me a stamp saying 'Extension of stay permitted up to 12 November 2014 and my reporting date on a slip stapled into the passport.

Good to go early and make sure you have all the necessary papers. As you can see from my dates going early made no difference to the Extension of stay date. If you go early and need more papers you will not enter the panic zone of days running out for you.

Don't forget about the Re-entry permits. If you go out and come back without a re-entry permit your extension is cancelled. Can get at same time as extension.

Good luck.

Edited by diggledunc