Removing a mole - heat or freezing ?

retiredat50

My girlfriend has a small mole on her upper leg area. The mole is about 4 mm in diameter and sticks out about 3 mm. She would like to get this removed.

In the past I had one like this removed by cutting it out and I got a few stiches. At another hospital I had another removed with a heated wire loop. At another hospital in USA I had a smaller one frozen and it seemed to go away after a while.

What's the typical procedure here? I got the impression that freezing was the easiest but maybe some clinics don't do that as they may not have liquid nitrogen or whatever is needed.

I've had 6 moles removed over the years. The first couple by cutting and stitches. This past year the rest were removed by laser. Laser was basically painless with minimal scar and healed in a couple of weeks. My local clinic charged B1,000 for removal which includied a corn removal from my foot.

I've had 6 moles removed over the years. The first couple by cutting and stitches. This past year the rest were removed by laser. Laser was basically painless with minimal scar and healed in a couple of weeks. My local clinic charged B1,000 for removal which includied a corn removal from my foot.

Just wondering. Were the moles that were treated by laser sticking out far ? I saw in the mall a video of a mole being removed with a heated loop. Was your laser treatment in a local clinic ?

2 were raised. 1 on my neck constantly getting nicked when the barber shaved my neck.

My local laser clinic took 30 minutes to do the job and the Dr showed me the little brown moles as she took them out. Best part was no post removal pain. Had to apply burn cream and gauze for a couple of days.

I've had some removed. The smaller ones were done via cryogenic freezing and the larger ones by laser. My doctor evaluated them and let me know why one method was used over the other. Basically, if the root is deep it will be done by laser to be sure to get it all. Never had an incision done and they are truly gone. I've had one done by cryogenic but had to have it redone a few months later as it wasn't sufficiently removed.

Actually my understanding is that freeze removal is preferred in cancer or suspected cases as more effective in killing all cells. Having had both types of removal the laser is much less ugly scab result and allows more precise control. But have not been moles in my case.