Democrats turn down Thai govt’s political reform forum

webfact

Democrats turn down govt’s political reform forum
By Digital Content

13869897458408.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 14 – The Democrat Party has announced that it will not join the government-initiated forum on political reform scheduled for tomorrow.

Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said, “The prime minister will not attend the forum despite hosting it. I’m afraid it will eventually turn out as a gathering to find a way out for the government without any benefit for the country and people.”

Caretaker deputy prime minister Pongthep Thepkanchana was assigned to chair to forum to be held at Queen Sirikit Convention Centre.

He said the private sector’s proposal for all political parties to sign a ratification for national reform after the general election is hard to follow since the Pheu Thai Party has never earned the people’s confidence and trust.

Mr Chavanond ruled out a rumour that Democrat leader and former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva will temporarily leave politics, saying the party’s general assembly on Tuesday will decide on the new leader and executives, as well as restructuring. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-14

We won't talk with Yingluck because she's a Shinnawatra, but we won't attend the forum if she's not there.

The Dems are being as constructive as usual.

Organized by the cPM but not attending ??? so I would think she is not being constructive. (they cannot talk to a missing person) Same immigration invites you to see them, but they will not attend ???? <deleted>.

We won't talk with Yingluck because she's a Shinnawatra, but we won't attend the forum if she's not there.

Organized by the cPM but not attending ??? so I would think she is not being constructive. (they cannot talk to a missing person) Same immigration invites you to see them, but they will not attend ???? <deleted>.

I would think she decided not to attend because Suthep and his crowd repeatedly said they would not talk with her of any of the "Shinnawatra clan" so she sends her deputy instead who is a somewhat more neutral figure. So what?

I would think she decided not to attend because Suthep and his crowd repeatedly said they would not talk with her of any of the "Shinnawatra clan" so she sends her deputy instead who is a somewhat more neutral figure. So what?

See reason for most of her PM life she has near always opted out of debate/ mostly delegates, Why do you think ??? because she does not have the know how-your excuse is feeble.

Normally a pm is well briefed on the subject before attending, she cannot possibly know all the answers without. Now that they are not attending will she chair it ??/ NO sure.

She organized it and before Suthep stated he would not attend, She had delegated her position to her deputy. You thought wrong.

So what ??? want to make any more excuses why she (inspects railway lines )instead of being HERE. ???

If the P.M. cannot attend this VIP forum, then it should be cancelled.

You do not opt out, because you have to inspect the rail lines----or to open a new shop complex----or A.N.OTHER. If a PM has not the ability to speak on most subjects or debate (without outside advice) then it is time to bow out.

She just dont want to interfere in this bullshit, and she is right.

If she was so right, then what is she doing in politics? She could spend all her time shopping, it's about the only thing she knows anything about!

I think that all the medal breasted, big faced loud mouths, from both sides, should all be rounded up by the military, and locked up together, until they can come up with some reconciliation plan.

No more 'war rooms'. No more sports club luncheons. No more posturing. No more more BS.

Shut the hell up, get together, work this out.

Edited by Curt1591

It's about the only thing left for Suthep and the Dems apart from have a public foot stamping, do nothing, they seem to be very adept.

Good for Yingluck, she's played them again and again they come out looking like children as opposed to once elected representatives of the people. On that subject, I thought all the Dems had resigned so who was going on their behalf,?

Ah, I know Khun Suthep until he was told otherwise perhaps?

Once again the caretaker PM/DM has shown her leadership qualities and real interest in finding a solution that benefits the Thai people. Better to delegate it. She's got away with 2.5 years delegating everything and skiving off so why change now. A few tearful performances and nonsensical tv interviews now and then, Job done!

This guy is right to recognize this for what it is.

It's about the only thing left for Suthep and the Dems apart from have a public foot stamping, do nothing, they seem to be very adept.

Good for Yingluck, she's played them again and again they come out looking like children as opposed to once elected representatives of the people. On that subject, I thought all the Dems had resigned so who was going on their behalf,?

You still insist that she's in charge, makes decisions and is a great strategic and tactical thinker.

Of course, when her delegate tells her what was said, any good ideas, she will pay as much attentions as always.

History will hopefully record her input into the betterment of Thailand. Hopefully not written by someone with very rose tinted glasses.

You still insist that she's in charge, makes decisions and is a great strategic and tactical thinker.

Of course, when her delegate tells her what was said, any good ideas, she will pay as much attentions as always.

History will hopefully record her input into the betterment of Thailand. Hopefully not written by someone with very rose tinted glasses.

She is quite brilliant isn't she!

Their solution to the fact that they can't win elections? 100 seats allocated to them without any contest plus more allocated seats for unelected senators. Get your hands dirty abhisit, and not by just murdering people with suthep. Go to Izan show that you have policies that get people out of poverty. Do not claim people take brines to vote, people vote for pelicans who can offer their children a better life. Shame on the Thai (political) elite. You (the elite) have been corrupt throughout the last 100 years. You made deals with war criminals like the Japanese and you never cared about anything else than your own wallets.

• Like 2

If the P.M. cannot attend this VIP forum, then it should be cancelled.

You do not opt out, because you have to inspect the rail lines----or to open a new shop complex----or A.N.OTHER. If a PM has not the ability to speak on most subjects or debate (without outside advice) then it is time to bow out.

She just dont want to interfere in this bullshit, and she is right.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

It was HER who called this meeting in the first place.

Ginjag is totally correct. She is unable to debate anything to do with politics, and she should never be a PM, she is a total joke and the likes of people like farangs who bend over for her, are no better.

To me, it is a searing statement to the entire world that she is just a puppet for her brother. She is an embarrassment to Thailand, and embarrassment to her voters and an embarrassment to politics.

• Like 1

Their solution to the fact that they can't win elections? 100 seats allocated to them without any contest plus more allocated seats for unelected senators. Get your hands dirty abhisit, and not by just murdering people with suthep. Go to Izan show that you have policies that get people out of poverty. Do not claim people take brines to vote, people vote for pelicans who can offer their children a better life. Shame on the Thai (political) elite. You (the elite) have been corrupt throughout the last 100 years. You made deals with war criminals like the Japanese and you never cared about anything else than your own wallets.

Another waffling post by someone who has absolutely zero idea of politics. You are embarrassing yourself.

• Like 2

It is all very well to talk about reforms and stamp out corruption . There is NO Way that any political party or appointed Peoples Council can do that , short of getting rid of all the Thai people .

Corruption is endemic in Thailand , perneates every strata of society . Thai people have to lean to live with corruption , work their way around . It is safer to assume that everyone in politics , the police , judiciary , civil service , universities and teaching profession is open to corruption , rather than not . I read of the Proposed Peoples Council reforming the country , getting rid of all the corrupt in about 14 weeks , or is it months . Given 14 years nothing much will change . If you start to find the rotten apple in the police , you will end up with no police at all , the same could be said of politicians and civil servants . In my view , despite his faults Thaksin was the best Prime Minister for the over all good of Thailand , the country has seen in many years and there appears to be nobody else in the pipeline to match him . Abhisit is nowhere and Suthep is a bullying criminal who will achieve nothing , all Hitler style shout .