Best Mom and Pop store in Phuket.

hansgruber

There is a laneway behind homepro Chalong that leads out to Sawasdee real estate on Patak Rd. I use it all the time so I dont have to deal with the morons that both work at, and use the circle.

Anyway getting off track in that laneway there is a very popular mom and pop shop that serves beer. I see several farang there every day. They look old and British. I suppose its popularity must mean they are doing something right

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I saw one behind that swiss breakfast joint in Nai Harn. It looks to be thriving. Lots of elderly expats and Honda Waves parked out the front

This could have been quite a serious and well supported topic with many great M & P venues expounded upon.

But no you had to, again, start the aged bashing. And not everyone can afford a Click!

• Like 1

There is a laneway behind homepro Chalong that leads out to Sawasdee real estate on Patak Rd. I use it all the time so I dont have to deal with the morons that both work at, and use the circle. Anyway getting off track in that laneway there is a very popular mom and pop shop that serves beer. I see several farang there every day. They look old and British. I suppose its popularity must mean they are doing something right Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah,

I buy beer there when I BBQ at my mate's house. Seen those Gents many times - counted quite a few large bottles on the table each time too. They are friendly and seem to be having a good time always.

Lady is friendly and you usually find what you need - especially cold beer!

I also like the Mom and Pop store at the entrance of The Valley (Kathu). Very clean - always feel obliged to take off my shoes - no one else does. Small Thai restaurant attached - same people - very tasty and well priced. They keep good hours too. Always find what I need - wink.png. Most importantly - pricing is clear and the same for all. thumbsup.gif

I saw one behind that swiss breakfast joint in Nai Harn. It looks to be thriving. Lots of elderly expats and Honda Waves parked out the front

This could have been quite a serious and well supported topic with many great M & P venues expounded upon.

But no you had to, again, start the aged bashing. And not everyone can afford a Click!

Old Croc,

Can't speak for IrishIvan, but maybe he mentions elderly expats as a way of adding gravity to the claim. An example of what I mean;

A friend recommended a great take-away in a dodgy place in my home town. He pointed out that the cops ate there. What does that have to do with it? Well cops get around, they know the neighborhoods, they know whats good and whats not.

That is how I read the elderly bit. You guys (Old Croc?) have been around and know whats what.

Honda waves - not sure about that one. huh.png

As an aside - I hate the Click.

When I see the hip young crowd on their Nouvos frequenting the M and P shops, I will let you know where they are Old Croc. I reckon on the Big Buddha Soi there might be some

When I see the hip young crowd on their Nouvos frequenting the M and P shops, I will let you know where they are Old Croc. I reckon on the Big Buddha Soi there might be some

Yes, so I believe. You could get quite pissed there and roll home down the hill safely, at very slow speed, and not even have to turn your lights on.thumbsup.gif

Click costs less than a wave125

Old Croc,

Can't speak for IrishIvan, but maybe he mentions elderly expats as a way of adding gravity to the claim. An example of what I mean;

A friend recommended a great take-away in a dodgy place in my home town. He pointed out that the cops ate there. What does that have to do with it? Well cops get around, they know the neighborhoods, they know whats good and whats not.

That is how I read the elderly bit. You guys (Old Croc?) have been around and know whats what.

Take everything said with a grain of salt.

Irish started a silly thread and I'm having a bit of fun with him. Some in jokes here.

I neither know nor care about the relative costs of put puts in Thailand. I don't ride, I wouldn't know a Wave if it washed over me.

Anyway getting off track in that laneway there is a very popular mom and pop shop that serves beer. I see several farang there every day. They look old and British. I

Yeah sure. Any place where there are lots of expats around + retired westerners spending the winter, there are some of them who tend to congregate at M&P stores with benches outside where they sit and drink beer, suppose they can also use a toilet.

Old Croc,

Take everything said with a grain of salt.

Irish started a silly thread and I'm having a bit of fun with him. Some in jokes here.

I neither know nor care about the relative costs of put puts in Thailand. I don't ride, I wouldn't know a Wave if it washed over me.

Old Croc is more of a samlor man when he heads to the mom and pop shops for a few shots of 'yah dong' followed by a mini sang som set. So whats the top 3 mom and pop shops on your weekly route croc?

OK, I suppose I really should put this on the "things learnt today" thread, but the bike talk started here.

In the driveway we have two bikes, I call them the blue one and the red one. I've just found out, one is a Wave and the other a Click! Although I bought both (and another one in Bannork land), I have never so much as sat on them, and I don't know how much they cost. (I think the missus said she needed 80,000 each from memory)

I keep my samlor in a Thai friends house down the road, as my neighbours wont let me bring it into the street until I get a muffler and a headlight globe.

Our area is expanding rapidly and new M & P shops are opening everywhere. I'll do a survey for all us pensioners to find out which has the cheapest big bottles of Leo and report back.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

In the driveway we have two bikes, I call them the blue one and the red one. I've just found out, one is a Wave and the other a Click! Although I bought both (and another one in Bannork land), I have never so much as sat on them, and I don't know how much they cost. (I think the missus said she needed 80,000 each from memory)

Your wife must have got them cheap at 80.000 a piece, as I think that Honda Waves and Clicks are way over 100.000 Baht each whistling.gif

• Like 1

Your wife must have got them cheap at 80.000 a piece, as I think that Honda Waves and Clicks are way over 100.000 Baht each whistling.gif

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest that they must have been secondhand...

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest that they must have been secondhand...

You guys are just cruel.............though, I'm not going to be the one......

My favorite is Pa Saow's shop in Phuket Villa 1, Samkong. Meets all the specs...It's the only mom and pop shop on the road that runs from Family Mart through to Bangkok Phuket Hospital. Spine-friendly concrete bench, very cold beer, nice people...

• Like 1

My favorite is Pa Saow's shop in Phuket Villa 1, Samkong. Meets all the specs...It's the only mom and pop shop on the road that runs from Family Mart through to Bangkok Phuket Hospital. Spine-friendly concrete bench, very cold beer, nice people...

Spine friendly?? is it a bamboo or concrete chair?

This has to be thread of the year material, best M & P, click vs wave vs samlor........................... Next debate is which beer is better, Archa vs. Chang vs Leo and which M & P gives free ice and serves the coldest beer.

How about which M&P has got the coolest bikes outside? Or perhaps the most expensive?

Sorry Old Croc you are not allowed to participate sad.png - not with those inflated prices.... tongue.png