A Thank You to Animal Rescue Kingdom

NolaK

I want to extend my deepest gratitude to Khun Dip and the staff at Animal Rescue Kingdom in Doi Saket (near Chiang Mai, Thailand) for agreeing to take in the 8 puppies I was fostering. ARK generally serves as a last chance place for older dogs that are hard to place and live out their days on large open multi-dog areas. In addition, they are also just getting moved in to a new location, making it all the more important to me to point out that K. Dip was the only one of the 5 local organization I contacted to even give me the courtesy of a reply when I asked if they were able to be of assistance. Even a ‘no’ is better than wondering if the email and an opportunity was just lost. At least then people know immediately to moved forward. But, ARK stepped up.

My son and I took the puppies up today. The beautiful, smiling staff began spoiling and photographing them immediately. K. Dip took the time to talk to my son about the spay/neuter project he is starting with the adult lake dog, and approaches to capture methods, etc. - all while I took a few photos of course. We left them a small cash donation, more vaccines for the puppies and some puppy formula. In turn they freed us up to refocus on setting up for our 3 month (Jan-March) sterilization marathon at the lake.

At the moment ARK has no website. It is down. They are just trying to get moved from the old Sansai location and are apparently overwhelmed by the website technology. We all know shelters need sites for donation to survive, but… The crashed site is loss. Anyway, they do have a Paypal so if anyone has not selected a special Christmas/New Year’s charity to make a small donation to in this season of consumerism, please contact ARK/K. Dip (+66 88-5477393 them a few dollars of holiday cheer. It would mean the world to them, to me and to 8 tiny reindeer (oops, I mean 8 tiny puppies).

By the way, the puppies are obviously still available for adoption and getting them rehomed would be a great relief to the busy team at ARK, so please call them if you want to start your new life with a fur-ever friend this holiday season!

post-34748-0-92939300-1387063641_thumb.j

• Like 1

For reasons of spam protection, the posting of an email address would not be permissible (forum rule 13). Best to inquire about it via PM.

Posting somebody else's phone number can be risky, as it may result it nuisance calls to that number, but as the number in question is already in the public domain, eg facebook, I see no harm in this case.