Non-Imm visa expiring

Hi,

My non-imm family visa will expire soon but I need to stay in Thailand for about another month after the expiry. What is the best, cheapest way to do this? Should I just leave the country and reenter on a tourist visa on arrival?

Thanks for any advice.

If married to a Thai national or having a child with Thai nationality, you can apply for a 60 day extension at immigration for 1,900 baht.

You will need to take with you:

- wife/child

- their ID-card

- their household registration book or other proof of residence

- marriage certificate/birth certificate

- your passport

• Like 1

Thank you Mario2008 for the info. A few more questions based on your answer.

1. I guess I need to take the whole family down to immigration, in person (take the kid out of school for the day), but can I go to the old immigration downtown or do I need to go to Chaeng Wattana?
  2. If I extend for 60 days, can I leave and reenter Thailand by getting a reentry permit at the airport?
  3. At the end of 60 days, can I extend further or renew my non-imm family visa?

Very appreciate your advice.

1. If you have a Thai wife, you can only take her with you and explain that the child is at school (if even asked)

You need to go to CW, the downtown office is now closed.

2. Yes, but get it at CW is better in case of delays etc.

3. After the 60 day extension you have to elave the country OR apply for a 1 year extension of stay with showing 400,000 in the bank in Thailand (in your name only) OR an income of 40,000 baht a month (can be from abroad, in that case certified by your embassy, if from within Thailand you need to show tax papers).

Ask about when you apply for the 60 day extension, they can tell you exactly what to bring.

One last question:

The visa company that I used had my visa originally issued in Chon Buri, not BKK, does that mean I must apply for the extension in Chon Buri?

Thanks in advance.

Exactly what "visa" was issued in Chon Buri .

Can you please check your passport and confirm you have a "visa" ?

Secondly if you live in BKK can you explain why this "visa" was issued in Chon Buri ?

Thanks smile.png

As I read more closely i am also becoming more and more confused. I have a stamp that says I have a non-imm 'o' with my extension of stay ending Dec. 24, 2013.

I got an non-imm 'o' from overseas in 2011 and have been in Thailand ever since. I have 'renewed' or maybe extended my visa once at CW and once in ChonBuri. I have left the country several times and got my reentry permit at the airport with no problems. I have also done my 90 day report with no problems.

Since I expect to be leaving Thailand in either January or February for an extended period of time, I just need to stay here for a few more months.

To me, all of this info actually makes everything less clear.

Thanks for any advice.

As said you have an extension of stay that you want to extend by 60 days to visit your wife which is not a problem.

A visa only allows you to enter the country and obtain a permit to stay equal to whatever the visa allows. Once you are in the country you are on a permit to stay not a visa.

Now I understand. If I only want 60 day extension, I don't need to show 400,000 baht in the bank, but need my family info, house book etc, correct? Either way, can I do it here in BKK or do I need to go to ChonBuri?