Local ads on Pattaya film news channels - pet hates

wedders

Some of these ads really get up my nose.

Right now it's Paul King's Easy Visa advert. You know the one where he 'astounds' us with his offer, not only "no visa, no charge"... but - brandishing a fistful of 1000 baht notes - no visa awarded, and Paul will hand over 50K to make the pain more bearable!!

C'mon Paul, do you think we are half-wits? Obviously you vet every potential applicant, and anyone with less than the full complement of papers and/or doesn't fulfil the criteria in any way, and you won't submit the application in the first place!

Strewth.

Howard - I know the budget for local adverts can't be that high - and I'm not expecting the equivalent of the 70s Hamlet gems - but the Pattaya local info and ads section is a real turn-off for me. To the point of missing the start of the next film I wanted to watch.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't even get me started on this one...

Same here, I just turn it over now........the ads are bad and the voiceover guy almost sounds like an automated system. The features are also so cheesy and cheap and dare I say made worse by some of the geriatric english "presenters".

Luckily I have a VPN and Netflix & Lovefilm so i'm set!

Edited by LWHalket

How about 103 FM's American announcers perpetual mispronunciation of 'bart' for baht.

Or the Brit who insists on PaTTAYa Klaung for PATTaya Klaang?

And their tad homophobic, 'But... it's in BOYS TOWN!!!"

Edited by NanLaew