My near death experience today

yankee99

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit, do you think this is wrong?
This is what I think is wrong-
next time let's hope he hits the pick up and rids us of one more dick head!!
Wishing death on a biker is just so despicably low, even for you. As your username suggests, you really are a piece of shit.
my pet hate are these bikers with all the protective gear who think they are Barry sheen and are invincible
Yes, we know you hate bikers. Why you post on a bike forum when you're obviously not a biker is now clear to see.
It was not to be taken seriously it was more a statement to shock rather than an actual wish, please try not to be so sensitive!!

Wishing death on a biker is just so despicably low, even for you. As your username suggests, you really are a piece of shit.
my pet hate are these bikers with all the protective gear who think they are Barry sheen and are invincible
Yes, we know you hate bikers. Why you post on a bike forum when you're obviously not a biker is now clear to see.
Lol my username was chosen because of the amount of dogpoo everywhere, been a biker all my life accident free and still accident free in Thailand apart from a couple of blameless minor scrapes, please if you are going to use insults at least make it something you will get suspended for other wise you are just like other unintelligent posters that use this childish ploy to gain a similar response back!! stay safe out there!

^^ And you're surprised about a pick-up driving like that? whistling.gif

Perhaps the 10 years is really only 10 minutes, in reality. biggrin.png

Not at all 10 years here no wrecks. I look out for them the dogs & the kids it is part of being a skilled rider & an alive one. How come I never see you posting on the bike forum?

What big men you bike riders are. I admit I ride a scooter and yeah, 70kms for me is my orgasm

Seriously, what the f@@k do you fools get out of riding like a clown? Like a poster before put it, imagine that your daughter was crossing the road and you put her life out of action?

Do that in my town, I am going to find you and f@@k your shit up, tough guy!

please educate your daughters not to cross a highway with a bicycle then!!! this has to be your duty as a parent.

and also educate her like if she rides a truck in the future, do not try to cross the highway in a stupid way and do not stop/slow in the middle of the highway while doing this. This is also your duty as a parent.

I heard enough nonsense here and some good posts stating the dangers of doing 220 kph as well.

But what i cant stand, possibly some drivers bickering about this while they were doing 200 kph with their fortuners or vios or focus at similar roads and i see many posts in TV about this!

I guess some people are over motivated more once they see a bike at those speeds which was just for some seconds!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

I hate Inconsiderate people!

I had some real close call's on bikes over the years.

I have also realized that the faster bike I ride the faster I go so not very good at controlling myself and buying a super-bike is probably a bad idea in my case.

If you look at the tragic death of actor Paul Walker where the Porsche he was passenger in collided with a tree and caught fire is a typical example of a speed related accident and could have been avoided if they were taking it easy. Both Paul Walker and the driver loved fast cars and going fast but it ultimately cost them their lives.

I would like to thank OP yankee99 for sharing this and be honest about it and I am glad that you are okay.

Shit can happen very fast here in Thailand, if you think you are safe riding a small scooter below 100 km/h you better rethink, a skilled big bike rider have more chances of survival here than a non biker

on a scooter.

I seen a lot on non bikers here in Pattaya on everything from a 110cc scooters up to 1000cc racing bikes and I try to stay well clear of them and think to myself: Ohh dear me, I hope they survive.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

No highway in that in that video, just 2 lane roads with road-level u-turns (even the ones the locals made out of dirt because they are too lazy to go to the proper ones and invariably drive the wrong way down the road to get to it) and numerous open entrances to properties.

Some clowns actually seem proud of their stupidity 555.

Edited by Sloopydee
  • Like 1

The forum is called "Bikes in Thailand", why do some people here think that only "real bikers" are allowed to post, comment or criticize? If you want a forum solely for "real bikers" this is the wrong place for you. Go and join one of the countless dedicated bike forums. This here is just a small part of the TV-Forum, open for everyone interested in Thailand. And imo this is good as it is.

Everyone has the right to post in such thread, because everyone uses the public streets. A sportbike rider doing such speed isn't better than a racing Pick-Up driver. And most "real bikers" here call such drivers idiots. Imo doing such speeds on public roads is irresponsible and it doesn't matter if the rider has skills or if he is claiming to practice his "sport".

• Like 2

The moralizing comes from ones background, it's my right to disagree and try to force home the point that excessive speed is a killer, just because you own a powerful motorbike it does not give you the right to drive like a racer on public roads where your actions could endanger others, there is a time and a place for excessive speed, the op's video is disturbing, a second either way and multiple lives could have been lost or worse seriously injured with a bleak outlook on life for those involved, if people boast about excessive speed they should expect repercussions from others.

I have re-posted a previous post, as just stated this forum is open to all it is not just for real bikers, even non bikers are allowed to post a comment here especially if they are disturbed by the actions of the op, any one that comments on the op's actions in a real bikers way without also condemning his stupidity are no better than the op or any other bikers that go about there day speeding and showing a total disregard for other people, consideration, respect are lacking in many people these days they are the worst traits to have, I will continue to post everywhere I see people doing wrong, it's my right, if people do not like it, tough!!

I am a real biker, I show consideration and have respect for others, I do not drive at excessive speeds which would endanger other road users, I ride bikes!! I am a real biker by this definition!!

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 1

Not at all 10 years here no wrecks. I look out for them the dogs & the kids it is part of being a skilled rider & an alive one. How come I never see you posting on the bike forum?

What big men you bike riders are. I admit I ride a scooter and yeah, 70kms for me is my orgasm

Seriously, what the f@@k do you fools get out of riding like a clown? Like a poster before put it, imagine that your daughter was crossing the road and you put her life out of action?

please educate your daughters not to cross a highway with a bicycle then!!! this has to be your duty as a parent.

and also educate her like if she rides a truck in the future, do not try to cross the highway in a stupid way and do not stop/slow in the middle of the highway while doing this. This is also your duty as a parent.

I heard enough nonsense here and some good posts stating the dangers of doing 220 kph as well.

But what i cant stand, possibly some drivers bickering about this while they were doing 200 kph with their fortuners or vios or focus at similar roads and i see many posts in TV about this!

I guess some people are over motivated more once they see a bike at those speeds which was just for some seconds!

Maybe I should tell my daughter not to leave the house?

Really? Come on man.

• Like 2

Could someone enlighten me as to the definition of a real biker!

That's a difficult one.

The best I can come up with which suits the general consensus is ...

Someone who rides, not because he has to ... but because he wants to.

He's got a pick-up, but chooses to ride the bike.

I've got an older GSX750 ... good in it's day ... blown off the park by comparable machines now-a-days.

Size of the bike is only partly relevant.

I was riding a Yamaha shaft drive 500 or 550, I forget which, it was my work bike at the time ... mate of mine had a 2 stroke 250 Kwaka of some description.

If he didn't stall it at take-off (you'd start at about 5,000 revs and slip the clutch down to maybe 3,000, then progress through the gears) ... I'd eat his dust.

But I digress.

Who's a biker ... Someone who rides, not because he has to ... but because he wants to.

Maybe I should tell my daughter not to leave the house?

Really? Come on man.

If you cannot educate her yes, better tell her to stay at home.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's a difficult one.

I've got an older GSX750 ... good in it's day ... blown off the park by comparable machines now-a-days.

I was riding a Yamaha shaft drive 500 or 550, I forget which, it was my work bike at the time ... mate of mine had a 2 stroke 250 Kwaka of some description.

If he didn't stall it at take-off (you'd start at about 5,000 revs and slip the clutch down to maybe 3,000, then progress through the gears) ... I'd eat his dust.

But I digress.

Who's a biker ... Someone who rides, not because he has to ... but because he wants to.

Sorry, have to disagree. As soon as someone owns a car he isn't a "real biker". But maybe i am a bit old fashioned with this coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Who's a biker ... Someone who rides, not because he has to ... but because he wants to..

Sorry, have to disagree. As soon as someone owns a car he isn't a "real biker". But maybe i am a bit old fashioned with this coffee1.gif

Fair enough ... your and my opinion differ.

I used to ride for a living, London and Australia as a motorcycle courier.

On the bike at 7am off maybe 5.30 or 6pm, depending on how busy it was.

Rode through, the rain, hail, sleet and black ice of London. Used to have a newspaper shoved down the front of my bike jacket. Coming back down the M1 @ 70/80mph when it's 4C ... the cold goes through your bones.

In Australia ... different weather conditions ... still, just as challenging.

After being on the bike 10 -12 hours a day, 5 days a week, I was happy sometimes to flop in a car.

Best job I ever had because I loved to ride ... and I got paid.

That said ... your definition and mine are as valid as each others.

I'll digress for a moment. To the Pommie riders/drivers out there ... I tip my hat.

Never had an accident in London. Had 2 in Australia, but not in the UK ... wai.gif

That's a difficult one.

But I digress.

I agree 100% with your comment regarding wanting to ride rather than having too, I ride everyday because I love it and nothing compares to riding a bike! I am a real biker!!

That's a difficult one.

But I digress.

I agree 100% with your comment regarding wanting to ride rather than having too, I ride everyday because I love it and nothing compares to riding a bike! I am a real biker!!

i ride to work everyday as i have to.

i want to ride everyday as i love riding and my bike.

That's a difficult one.

But I digress.

What!? hahaha c'mon...

If anyone cares as this is the thai bikers forum. I am just sharing my riding experience last weekend. I am full aware of my actions anyone that thinks i am not and need to be reminded you are wasting your time. I have had many close calls and 5 full accidents in my life. 2 accidents were on the track, 1 was in vermont when i hit some ice, 1 in florida when a car came out of a driveway without looking and 1 when another car came out of a driveway without stopping. Funny thing is all my accidents on public streets were at <30mph and the track were around 50 mph. So i am quit aware of what i did and the possible outcome.

Was this road the best place to open it up probably not. It was straight and looked clear at the time but obviously it wasn't. Anybody that think i want praise i dont. My goal is to ride to have fun and return home accident free.

Good you admit to doing something stupid, if you want to return home safe in the future I strongly suggest you change your ways!!

Before you act think about the possible consequences of your actions that is what considerate people do!!

How come I never see you posting on the bike forum?

Over half my posts are in the bike forum. rolleyes.gif

Dude Horseshit ! I never seen 1 post in the bike forum on Thai visa the 10 years I have been here & as far as the other bike forums you don't post either. You are a wannabee Thats all . Bet you never even had a minibike. Or A scooter & for sure not a med to big bike. So on with it troll roll down the road & get in someone elses face on the local forums when your 3 sheets to the wind! Let me guess you think this is NORMAL to wait for someone to fckup so you can rag on them & make yourself feel like God. Wanna bee wanna bah. Roll em up troll time to go back to the bridge you live under!

If anyone cares as this is the thai bikers forum. I am just sharing my riding experience last weekend. I am full aware of my actions anyone that thinks i am not and need to be reminded you are wasting your time. I have had many close calls and 5 full accidents in my life. 2 accidents were on the track, 1 was in vermont when i hit some ice, 1 in florida when a car came out of a driveway without looking and 1 when another car came out of a driveway without stopping. Funny thing is all my accidents on public streets were at <30mph and the track were around 50 mph. So i am quit aware of what i did and the possible outcome.

Was this road the best place to open it up probably not. It was straight and looked clear at the time but obviously it wasn't. Anybody that think i want praise i dont. My goal is to ride to have fun and return home accident free.

Good you admit to doing something stupid, if you want to return home safe in the future I strongly suggest you change your ways!!

Before you act think about the possible consequences of your actions that is what considerate people do!!

Listen please dont put words in my mouth. I never admitted being stupid thank you. I made a bad choice its not the first nor will it be the last bad choice i make in my life again. Seems most people i know make bad choices in their life.

The thing is to try not to make the same bad choice.

Let's hope so for the sake of others!!

• Like 1

You had your fair share of near misses. Glad you made it thru the near miss.

It did look like a clear stretch when you opened up but at 220kmh you are over the horizon in a matter of seconds.

Ride on and go easy on that throttle. :)

• Like 1

Good for you, David- my point is that the 'river of tears' has burst its banks- yeah, it was a poor move- we all saw it, we all get it- things happen on a motorcycle- fellow bikers don't need to continuously harp on it.

I've been riding fast bikes for over 20 years- I've made some stupid moves that I was lucky to escape unscathed from- if you haven't as well I'd be surprised- if you had one of those moves recorded, would you have posted it here, knowing you'd be subjected to a TD moralizing campaign? I doubt it- I wouldn't have.

Also, I don't have a problem with 'sensible riding'- I have a problem with so-called riders who are so perfect they've never been in a bad situation, as I don't believe them and find a lot of what they post to be hypocritical.

My take- yeah, it was a bad move- hopefully you learned from it- we all ride, and we need to try to stay safe- I sure wouldn't wish anything bad on a fellow rider, which has been done on this thread- that's the worst karma there is for a motorcyclist.

Nope i would never wish any bad on a fellow rider and I am far from perfect. Especially when i started riding and I am sure I still make mistakes.

Anyway good post.