My near death experience today

yankee99

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how shit happens. And one and one comes together. There's the saying, don't say "It will never happen to me". It will. I had a similar crash in Singapore when some stupid bitch shot out of the highway exit over 5 lanes to the right. Similar to the pickup. But there was no more space to escape. Crashed against the curb, 4 broken ribs. And that was way slower.

You were more than lucky. Makes me reconsidering.

• Like 1

You were looking for it weren't you? My internet connection is too bad to see the video in good quality now but shit, if it was 220kmh, are you crazy? Don't want to sound like your mum but i don't like to see bloody bodies on the streets.

I had a near crash yesterday too. But i was just doing 80kmh. And the other party was a Wave. Nothing compared to that shit you are showing us, but already scaring enough for me smile.png

BTW, there was today a tour bus sitting on the ground in the middle over two lanes from the left, somewhere between Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Trying to drive out on the highway but had not enough clearance on the bottom, so it got stuck. That was a static thing, but still freakin dangerous. Even for a car. Or trucks with trailers that make a U-Turn when they see just one light. This shit happens everywhere.

Watching this video reminded of when, not so many years ago, my mate's 15 year old brother was in a car accident and was launched out of the car and bounced down the road on his head for 30 metres.

I got on well with my mate's parents' and knocked on their door a few days later. My mate's brother was a lovely lad, didn't have a bad bone in his body, always smiling and always polite. I saw him a few days prior in our local high street and he waved from the other side of the road. I'll never forget the atmosphere in the house that evening. I can only describe the atmosphere as dead, like my mate's brother.

I could say more, but I won't.

Edited by wooloomooloo
  • Like 1

See the comments in the light that I used to be a motorcycle courier, thus I used to earn my living riding bikes.

My thoughts aren't with the OP, my thoughts are the 'other road users near death experience today'.

I've ridden my bike flat out, stomach on the tank, boots on the passenger foot pegs ... on the AutoBahn in Germany.

Time and place for everything.

2.jpg

Credit There but for the grace of God

If that tuck had been doing a U-Turn and the timing slightly different and you had ploughed into the drivers door, a Family would now be without one parent, maybe both and both the parents' death and yours would be just a headline in a newspaper.

• Like 2

Words fail me but I am guessing this person thinks his protective gear would have saved him, what sort of person posts a video and then says let the comments begin? this person has no thought for others and lacks any responsibility, next time let's hope he hits the pick up and rids us of one more dick head!!

Any normal decent responsible person would not have dared posted this ridiculous show off video, he thinks it is funny and wants people to judge him, he doesn't give a stuff about other road users, my pet hate are these bikers with all the protective gear who think they are Barry sheen and are invincible, his time is coming we can only hope he doesn't take others with him!!

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 2

You were going far too fast for the road condition. The pickup you narrowly missed would not have time to react even if he had seen you coming. Count you lucky stars because the Z1000 has a close gearing ratio which accelerated the engine braking. You dropped from 220 to 175 by just releasing your throttle. Had it been a bike with wider gears, you would have clipped the pickup.

Please don't give the big bikers a bad name.

You should take that to the race track and show us how fast you can go.

Not on public roads please.

Who knows, you may be the next motor GP champion.

Edited by thai4me
  • Like 2

No we haven't all been there and done it train of thought, some of us actually drive responsibly and use consideration when driving bikes of any size, as responsible bikers we all should be very worried that this sort of person is driving a very powerful motorbike on public roads, if he hits you from behind you are very dead!!

• Like 2

Protective gear would not help with the speeds portrayed on the video. Hit a Dream doing "the sweep" from the left to the right lane for a u-turn and likely your aorta would snap just from the impact. It's a common reason for fatalities in vehicle accidents and in construction falls from as little as ten feet.

Protective gear would not help with the speeds portrayed on the video. Hit a Dream doing "the sweep" from the left to the right lane for a u-turn and likely your aorta would snap just from the impact. It's a common reason for fatalities in vehicle accidents and in construction falls from as little as ten feet.

True, in my many years in the emergency services I saw many many motorbike accidents most of them fatalities, nearly all of them speed related, when you experience and see the aftermath of these accidents it really does change the way you drive!!

• Like 1

I can assure people who do not realize what it is like to be involved in a high speed accident, it is not nice, the injuries you will receive will be horrific, if you are very unlucky and you survive you might end up a vegetable, it will be a huge burden on your funds and the family who have to care for you after, I have seen so many bikers and car drivers dead in the road all in the name of fun at high speed! obviously not all were to blame who died but most of them were! have fun but if you need to drive at high speed do it in the appropriate place!

I think this video is a shameless attempt at wanting approval from others, maybe even praise for his skill at avoiding a potential life threatening accident!!

• Like 1

I can imagine there may have been a beer or two later with the mates

talking about this one :)

Good aversion.. all else aside the speed of closure of course is hard to miss.

Do you recall touching the brake at all? The truck also looks to have hit the brakes

Careful out there ;)

To those that will pull out the soapbox yet happily add to topics

where guys claim to cruise at 180 with panniers & a passenger or request info on bikes that

can cruise easily at 140+ yada,yada,yada

Remove the crust from your own eyes before trying to claim others are blind

Sh!t happens just as well at those 140+ speeds. If everyone here is a 100kph & below saint

then all they need is a wave 125

• Like 2

I can imagine there may have been a beer or two later with the mates

talking about this one :)

Good aversion.. all else aside the speed of closure of course is hard to miss.

Do you recall touching the brake at all? The truck also looks to have hit the brakes

Careful out there ;)

To those that will pull out the soapbox yet happily add to topics

where guys claim to cruise at 180 with panniers & a passenger or request info on bikes that

can cruise easily at 140+ yada,yada,yada

Remove the crust from your own eyes before trying to claim others are blind

Sh!t happens just as well at those 140+ speeds. If everyone here is a 100kph & below saint

then all they need is a wave 125

Shit does happen and it can happen to everyone no matter what there level of experience is! have a great day out there and it is another great day!

This may be a blessing in disguise :). I showed the video to my wife and she said these bikes are not safe. I told her that they have bikes with more safety features like anti-lock brakes and traction control. She said i should go buy a new one with those safety features.