Ford 3.2 wildtrak

vspin134

Can you even order a 3.2 now? Get a Colorado, same HP and more torque for 998K top model.

thanks. Just sold my 2012 LTZ C-cab Colorado...excellent vehicle with great gas mileage but seating, driving position and ride were way too uncomfortable.

Can you even order a 3.2 now? Get a Colorado, same HP and more torque for 998K top model.

thanks. Just sold my 2012 LTZ C-cab Colorado...excellent vehicle with great gas mileage but seating, driving position and ride were way too uncomfortable.

Have you driven the Ranger yet? I would definitely rate the Colorado as having better ride quality.

Have you driven the Ranger yet? I would definitely rate the Colorado as having better ride quality.

That's what the latest review in the BP just pointed out.

• Like 1

Word is amongst the Thais at the Car Wash is that Rangers are like Tunas, beloved by Big Heads. The new G.M. trucks are now the Must Have Truck.. I must say that Ranger drivers , considering how few there are up here,do have the Yob style of driving , and not used for market work as intended.Also many Locals who dont need Trucks are buying Eco Cars at last for shopping.coffee1.gif

Currently Iam driving a colorado and compared to my ranger it is very ordinary in comparison.

Currently Iam driving a colorado and compared to my ranger it is very ordinary in comparison.

I what aspect? Get a current gen Colorado on a rough surface and it's noticeably more supple than the Ranger. The Ranger handles twists and turns better though. If a previous gen Colorado, yeah, the Ranger is def. better in every aspect. Either way, both still drive like trucks - none of them live up their their "drives like an SUV" claims :)

Well Colorado is decent truck with good mileage but driving position and seat comfort are poor especially in leather.

You might want to check out the new colorado - BP quotes the seat comfort to be 'among the best in it's class', and the ride comfort is better than the ranger, while the ranger has better handling. Note I don't own a truck so not biased either way - ford's long / non-existent delivery times and dubious service would make me hesitate though.

Seat comfort is poor when compared with my old Navara. Trust me I sold my truck with heavy loss and this is one of the reason.

You know you can adjust the seat right?

I have a new Colorado and the seating is good...and I doubt any worse than the other trucks around.

Calling BS.

Seat comfort is poor when compared with my old Navara. Trust me I sold my truck with heavy loss and this is one of the reason.

I have a new Colorado and the seating is good...and I doubt any worse than the other trucks around.

Calling BS.

The Colorado seat I sit in each day feels like Iam sitting on a milk crate compared to my Ranger, it's too high as well.

The ranger is a great drive for a ute, dont expect a PPV ride but to be honest I was very impressed with the ranger I had for 2 months a year ago, the dsg trans is great even with a 2.2 and can drive it with confidence in the corners and was very stable at speed. Ride does suffer and become less composed on poor quality roads than other utes. The new colorado is much better than the previous gen dmax it replaces, but the ranger is certainly more spacious and comfortable, I also prefer the ford to the vw amarok i used for a month in europe and of course the utes available in thailand. The ranger's size and stance come at a price, you begin to appreciate the tritons turning radius in the mall parking lot and in small sois.

• Like 1

The ranger is a great drive for a ute, dont expect a PPV ride but to be honest I was very impressed with the ranger I had for 2 months a year ago, the dsg trans is great even with a 2.2 and can drive it with confidence in the corners and was very stable at speed. Ride does suffer and become less composed on poor quality roads than other utes. The new colorado is much better than the previous gen dmax it replaces, but the ranger is certainly more spacious and comfortable, I also prefer the ford to the vw amarok i used for a month in europe and of course the utes available in thailand. The ranger's size and stance come at a price, you begin to appreciate the tritons turning radius in the mall parking lot and in small sois.

The Ranger's AT is a torque converter, not a DSG :)

• Like 1

Calling BS.

. All I am saying is it is hard to adjust to perfect driving position. I am 6 ft tall and is hard to get perfect driving position ...once seat adjusted I find myself too far from steering wheel.

The Ranger's AT is a torque converter, not a DSG smile.png

Youre correct, just checked into it now. Im suprised its a torq conv as i was misinformed yet never gave it a second thought given its delightful responsiveness even when mated to a 2.2, this is comming from someone who has used vw's dsgs for a few years now.

Doesnt change the fact the Ranger is in my oppinion the better ute on the market now and a very satisfyiing and comfortable drive at that. My only reservations would be contingent on where you are driving as its not suited for thailands urban jungle like toyotas ventury van and ford's after sales service in general is every bit as poor as chevrolet and worse than what ive experienced with the japanese including mitsubishi. I have high hopes for the new triton and the ppv im keen to compare to the everest and perhaps even toyotas imv2 ppv, Im not brand loyal so ill be buying the safer and more refined vehicle everytime.

Just picked it up this afternoon after a 9 month wait. 3.2 litre diesel. Backup camera, bluetooth, all power options. Drove 200 kms and very happy with it.

Drove over one of those small plastic stools at a restaurant accidentally that was left too far out on the road and a real nice snapping crunch sound. Made my day.:)

Whats also nice is that the ride height is higher so you can see over the traffic and avoid the selfish guys blocking traffic because they are doing u-turns from the centre lane.

post-181691-0-00066800-1387547176_thumb.

• Like 2

When I was at the motor show two weeks ago, they quoted 15months for a Ranger 3.2 wildtrack, but had two 2.2 wild tracks that I could have within two weeks. THis was interesting as the local dealers were full of sh!t when I was trying to get a realistic answer on a new Ranger

In the end I have gone for a 2014 DMAX Vcross and got a good deal that I was happy with. Now hoping they can deliver on their promises…. pick up time this weekend:)

I need some accessories, any views on where to get load area cargo hooks and a Bedrug ?

Just picked it up this afternoon after a 9 month wait. 3.2 litre diesel. Backup camera, bluetooth, all power options. Drove 200 kms and very happy with it.

Drove over one of those small plastic stools at a restaurant accidentally that was left too far out on the road and a real nice snapping crunch sound. Made my day.smile.png

Whats also nice is that the ride height is higher so you can see over the traffic and avoid the selfish guys blocking traffic because they are doing u-turns from the centre lane.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

When I was at the motor show two weeks ago, they quoted 15months for a Ranger 3.2 wildtrack, but had two 2.2 wild tracks that I could have within two weeks. THis was interesting as the local dealers were full of sh!t when I was trying to get a realistic answer on a new Ranger

In the end I have gone for a 2014 DMAX Vcross and got a good deal that I was happy with. Now hoping they can deliver on their promises…. pick up time this weekend:)

I need some accessories, any views on where to get load area cargo hooks and a Bedrug ?

...dealers are full of...but D-max is just a truck-tor...smile.png

I was disappointed with my vcross, I am bringing a racechip with me.

Drove over one of those small plastic stools at a restaurant accidentally that was left too far out on the road and a real nice snapping crunch sound. Made my day.smile.png

I'll have to check the garage, that looks just like mine.

Compared to the others it is a completely different truck isn't it.

Oh just remembered that other nice option, HEAT thumbsup.gif in the cab on these cold mornings.

Happy trails

Edited by kwonitoy

Nice, real nice! clap2.gif

That's what I'm talking about! thumbsup.gif These trucks just look good, IMHO - of course.

If Ford would just cleanup it's after service rep and expand its dealer service centers nationwide, this model (and the upcoming Everest) could very well be runaway class leaders!

It's good to hear your Ford success story!

• Like 1

Oh, forgot to add something. I bought it from Pattaya Ford. Never in my life have I seen such a hot saleswoman. 5'9" and heels with a slit miniskirt. Everytime she walked, people stared. And no, she wasn't a ladyboy. Born and raised in Pattaya. So not all girls there are working at bars.:)