Is There an Invisible Fundamentally Strong Thai Economy Supporting The Baht ?

the Baht exchange is clearly manipulated by aliens; i suspect by the Ferengis. we Klingons always knew that Ferengis have no honour!

No, I'm quite sure it's the Illuminati outsourcing to the Templar Knights...

i have to admit that's is another valid assumption. then there are the Bilderbergs... ermm.gif

Don't you mean the Vanderbilts, the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers?

i mean "Bilderbergs":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3773019.stm

The old money and the self proclaimed elite might be too busy boasting about their education and making trouble to avoid losing elections. But go outside Bangkok into the North and North East and you see indeed a booming economy. With numerous shopping centers and brand new condominiums rising. Car dealerships popping up everywhere. Thanks to Thaksin the average income has sky rocket. so while Suthep is busy ruining the country. Thaksin's base is building it up.

Thai Baht actually strengtening? Not true at all, just look at the exchange rates since Oct. Constantly loosing, and this will continue as long as the politic desaster goes on. Suthep and his gang are damaging seriously the welfare of this country.

Actually that is not true at all.

Since it hit the top in April it has slowly but steadily been loosing against the world currencies and is now lower than it was at the turn of the year.

Attached is the £GBP v THB exchange rate I track at the KBank website for 2013 up until this morning.

attachicon.gifForex 2013 v1.xls

Thanks for the chart! Looking into the crystal ball it would appear that GPB would be about 60-65:1 by dec next year, great for retirees, hell on wheels for the exporters to Europe??

the Baht exchange is clearly manipulated by aliens; i suspect by the Ferengis. we Klingons always knew that Ferengis have no honour!

No, I'm quite sure it's the Illuminati outsourcing to the Templar Knights...

i have to admit that's is another valid assumption. then there are the Bilderbergs... ermm.gif

Don't you mean the Vanderbilts, the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers?

Don't discount the Shinawatra's

The baht has not held steady. It has recently dropped ~ 10% against the $USD. What's the question? Is it that you think it should have dropped further?

No it hasn't. It's gone from 30.X to 31.X. Nowhere near 10%

Guess it depends on the time frame you are looking at, what does "recently" mean. Looking at XE.com the baht closed at 32.15/USD yesterday. When using the 21 Apr 13 date as a "recent" starting point when the baht closed at 28.615/USD then from that date to yesterday that's an approx 12% increase. And when looking at below chart it shows the baht has been on a depreciation "trend" since mid April...of course before that it was on an appreciation trend...up and down the currency see-saw goes over time.

post-55970-0-67208300-1387334130_thumb.j

The THB is now 52 to the GBP. It hasn't been this weak in over 4 years.

I came here 4 years ago and it was 50 to the GBP. The strongest it has been was about 6 months ago at 43 THB per GBP.

So i don't know which currency your are comparing it to, but compared with my currency it is the weakest it has been since i came here.

exchange rates are relative and determined based on variances in interest rates, inflation, trade balance, public debt, economic growth prospects and central bank foreign currency reserves - this data / info for thailand, and whatever other economies for which you are interested in the fx rate vs baht, are visible in the economist / ft / etc)

not really sure what you mean about wealthy people controlling the baht (and keeping it high) - i would assume they would prefer a weaker baht to ensure the competitiveness of the thai companies they own / control (although i guess a strong baht would help for those shopping trips to Paris) but anyway exchange rates are set by currency markets

Yes exchange rates are set by trading on the Currency market. But can also be manipulated,I'm sure George Soros would agree with me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

See Wiki under:Currency Speculation!

Edited:for spelling soros incorrect.

Edited by MAJIC

exchange rates are relative and determined based on variances in interest rates, inflation, trade balance, public debt, economic growth prospects and central bank foreign currency reserves - this data / info for thailand, and whatever other economies for which you are interested in the fx rate vs baht, are visible in the economist / ft / etc)

not really sure what you mean about wealthy people controlling the baht (and keeping it high) - i would assume they would prefer a weaker baht to ensure the competitiveness of the thai companies they own / control (although i guess a strong baht would help for those shopping trips to Paris) but anyway exchange rates are set by currency markets

Yes exchange rates are set by trading on the Currency market. But can also be manipulated,I'm sure George Soros would agree with me!

both Thai Baht and Malaysian Ringgit are now restricted currencies and cannot be shorted offshore. George Soros knows that.

both Thai Baht and Malaysian Ringgit are now restricted currencies and cannot be shorted offshore. George Soros knows that.

Hmm! closing the door after the horse has bolted?

Naam, I've been watching the Ringgit very closely, but if you want to see a currency which has had an 'interesting' year or two , check out the IDR.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IDR&view=2Y

That's the biggest economy in SEA but, like Oz, they had to know it wouldn't last forever. I expect Porsche dealers in Jakarta are beside themselves with worry ;)

Naam, I've been watching the Ringgit very closely, but if you want to see a currency which has had an 'interesting' year or two , check out the IDR.

That's the biggest economy in SEA but, like Oz, they had to know it wouldn't last forever. I expect Porsche dealers in Jakarta are beside themselves with worry wink.png

on a 12 month basis JP¥ beats IDR -33.3% : -26.4% (loss vs. USD).

out of general interest (without being involved) i too watch MYR and i'm quite suprised. haven't done any research "why" though.

Hmm! closing the door after the horse has bolted?

the horse bolted >16 years ago.

That's the biggest economy in SEA but, like Oz, they had to know it wouldn't last forever. I expect Porsche dealers in Jakarta are beside themselves with worry wink.png

on a 12 month basis JP¥ beats IDR -33.3% : -26.4% (loss vs. USD).

out of general interest (without being involved) i too watch MYR and i'm quite suprised. haven't done any research "why" though.

I only look at two pairs - AUD/MYR and AUD/THB - but ultimately I have as much control over where those currencies are in 6/12/18 months as I have over the tides. The charts may as well be tea leaves or goat entrails as far as I'm concerned, but its clear that some people cant get enough of their precious indicators.

The old money and the self proclaimed elite might be too busy boasting about their education and making trouble to avoid losing elections. But go outside Bangkok into the North and North East and you see indeed a booming economy. With numerous shopping centers and brand new condominiums rising. Car dealerships popping up everywhere. Thanks to Thaksin the average income has sky rocket. so while Suthep is busy ruining the country. Thaksin's base is building it up.

Thaksin is a corruption rental overhead. A drag on the economy. A dynamic leader in money laundering, but hardly a plus for Thailand.

The baht has not held steady. It has recently dropped ~ 10% against the $USD. What's the question? Is it that you think it should have dropped further?

April 2013 dropped below 29, currently 32.6.

April 2013 dropped below 29, currently 32.6.

let's be precise. since april17, 2013 till today theBaht has dropped 14.09% vs. US-Dollar.

Baht "droppings" closed wink.png