Bt12 billion earmarked to upgrade power at eastern industrial park

webfact

Bt12 billion earmarked to upgrade power at eastern industrial park
By Digital Content

13871594435270.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 16 – The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) will invest Bt12 billion to solve the problem of power outages at Thailand’s eastern industrial park which contains more than 100 manufacturing plants, according to a senior Energy Ministry official.

Suthep Liumsirijarern, permanent secretary for energy, said the electricity development involves the construction of a power plant in Rayong province to feed five industrial estates – Map Ta Phut, Ban Chang, Hemaraj, Padaeng and Asia, covering 30,000 rai (11,857 acres).

The target is zero outages in 2015 – three years earlier than the original schedule, he said.

Mr Suthep said power blackouts and brownouts have affected manufacturing which costs over Bt4 billion per year.

When an industrial plant abruptly stops its production due to power outage, damaged and defective products have to be burnt, causing pollution, he said.

Map Ta Phut encounters at least one major blackout and six to seven minor cases each year. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-16

Is that 12 Billion before or after the 30-40% graft?

Before or after is neither here nor there, but you're dead right it's a last ploy for some graft when the 'permanent SECRETARY for energy makes a last call.

What's more hilarious is his reason for raising the Baht 12 Billion: "damaged and defective products have to be burnt, causing pollution, he said." cheesy.gif

-mel.

Before or after is neither here nor there, but you're dead right it's a last ploy for some graft when the 'permanent SECRETARY for energy makes a last call.

What's more hilarious is his reason for raising the Baht 12 Billion: "damaged and defective products have to be burnt, causing pollution, he said." cheesy.gif

-mel.

Where does it mention burning defective products? The money is to beef up the power supply which could be additional generation (private or EGAT developed), transmission system upgrade or combinations thereof. You might laugh but believe it or not Thailand has a very efficient power supply which is one of the reasons why so many companies build factories here. And where do you get the idea of 30-40% graft from? Any evidence to go with that? Sounds more like an assumption to me.Typical TV BS from people who don't know what they are talking about. Personally I have worked for Banks and developers on several Thai Power projects and I can promise you that if somebody was skimming that amount of money it would be pretty obvious and nothing would get built.

-mel.

Where does it mention burning defective products? The money is to beef up the power supply which could be additional generation (private or EGAT developed), transmission system upgrade or combinations thereof. You might laugh but believe it or not Thailand has a very efficient power supply which is one of the reasons why so many companies build factories here. And where do you get the idea of 30-40% graft from? Any evidence to go with that? Sounds more like an assumption to me.Typical TV BS from people who don't know what they are talking about. Personally I have worked for Banks and developers on several Thai Power projects and I can promise you that if somebody was skimming that amount of money it would be pretty obvious and nothing would get built.

My sincere apologies. Obviously nobody receives graft money on mega deals, as you promise, and the article doesn't quote my quote.

-mel. whistling.gif