End of the year dealer promotions........

jaideeguy

It looks like sales are below last year's and the dealers most probably haven't met their quotas and they are offering a few discounts/promotions. Starting with Chevrolet.........most of their models are discounted to 0% financing for 4 years, Toyota is following as well as Honda on a few models with their promotions that are not updated as of now on their websites. The only reason that I know is that the wife read it in Thai newspaper.

I looked in the stock room of the Chev dealer and it was totally full of vehicles, so it should be a buyer's market..........but unfortunately, the used car tents are overstocked as well and they are offering super low prices.

Hopefully the dealers will go lower as we approach the end of the year to make a few more sales..................do you think??

I am on the fence too. Particularly if I can sell my car this year. The promos will start last week of Dec through to January, from what I heard.

I need mine financed, but Honda wants 50% downpayment from a farang with workpermit. Screw them. Nissan and Toyota want between 20 and 25%. Looking at the Almera as the car I may buy.

I have seen Dec 31 as the end of the promos for Chev 0% and am tempted by the new Spin, but it's so new [world wide] that there are no current reviews. Gave it a quick test drive on the hiway and it seemed comfortable and decent power, but I want to try it on a hill to see how much power it really has with it's 1.5 lt motor and it's decently priced............

Just read the link that you provided and it does say Dec 22, but an earlier promo said the end of the year.

Edited by jaideeguy

If car sales numbers are as bad as I have been reading, they may keep having endless promotions, one after the other, just like they do in the US when sales numbers are down. One expires, another one pops up.

I am going to check that link again after Dec 22 just to see what they do next. Very good promotions available for now on Chevrolets.

Issanman, what's your flavor of Chev?? I like the new, but unproven Spin. Good fit and price, but I'm a little hesitant of the 1.5lt motor in power. I've had a Colorado Z71 for 7 yrs and it has served me well. Chev is desperate and will come down, I hope.............

Looking at a new Colorado for Thailand. Still may buy a used one from a friend of mine.

I am in the states right now selling my house in Florida but will return to Thailand in four weeks.

The house buyer is also taking my Silverado Z71.

I am on the fence too. Particularly if I can sell my car this year. The promos will start last week of Dec through to January, from what I heard.

I need mine financed, but Honda wants 50% downpayment from a farang with workpermit. Screw them. Nissan and Toyota want between 20 and 25%. Looking at the Almera as the car I may buy.

Honda currently have an offer of 99K down on the Civic with 0% over 4yrs. I was offered the same as a farang with a WP.......... seriously tempted.

You're not going to find any further discounts prior to new year if that's your question.

You can expect campaigns like current offerings to continue into next year, yes, but don't expect they will start fire sales, and don't expect it to last forever.

The current market situation is not even remotely close to the disaster that happened in the AFC. YOY Sales volumes are down only single digits for most right now - which everyone expected without the first car buyer program - but in 1997-1998 some lost up to 75% of their sales, but still didn't start giving away cars wink.png

Edited by IMHO