Slob in jomtien

lovinglifeinthailand

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that, but people do generalize.

Look at the bad rep Russians get on here, and most of them are pleasant people.

I was talking to a thai guy about English football and he told me all the fans are hooligans and like to fight.

Which goes to show a few bad apples can sway opinions.

you should have mentioned about the mass brawl at Pattaya United not so long ago.....or the Thai party for a Japanese company that ended up in a full on riot with someone shot not so long ago either....

but yes I am a West Ham supporter and liked a good old tear up in my youth thumbsup.gif

on topic it's no 1 nationality that does this...you go towards the borders of Thailand and take a public bus with the farm folk on there facepalm.gif thai people can make a mean smell but like a lot of things they choose not to admit it

Edited by norrona
  • Like 1

It is remarkable the number of westerners with hygeine issues that one runs across here in Thailand. Having said that, I consider T-shirts to be underwear or gym apperal so I'm not so sure you (or any of us) should complain about other westerners reflecting badly on an entire race.

I wear smart t-shirts not the type you use for the gym or a under garment. I also wear shirts and polo shirts. I was just trying to show I was

clean and smartly turned out.

The guy in question was dirty.

And I wear nice boxers, but I tend to not go out in public without them covered by some other garment. My point is we all have different standards shaped by our diverse cultures, rearing, and experiences. I don't feel like the fact that you wear t-shirts in public reflects badly on me any more (or less) than the gentleman with poor hygein does but I think it is important to remember that you were not respectably attired yourself by the standards of some. One of those 'he who is without sin' and casting stones situations.

It is remarkable the number of westerners with hygeine issues that one runs across here in Thailand. Having said that, I consider T-shirts to be underwear or gym apperal so I'm not so sure you (or any of us) should complain about other westerners reflecting badly on an entire race.

I wear smart t-shirts not the type you use for the gym or a under garment. I also wear shirts and polo shirts. I was just trying to show I was

clean and smartly turned out.

The guy in question was dirty.

And I wear nice boxers, but I tend to not go out in public without them covered by some other garment. My point is we all have different standards shaped by our diverse cultures, rearing, and experiences. I don't feel like the fact that you wear t-shirts in public reflects badly on me any more (or less) than the gentleman with poor hygein does but I think it is important to remember that you were not respectably attired yourself by the standards of some. One of those 'he who is without sin' and casting stones situations.

I agree, a suit and tie is minimum requirement to go shopping in a supermarket.

• Like 2

haha once again on tv people want to cause a fight. I am not saying I go out to shop dressed to kill. I do however make

sure I am clean. I also don't think drinking beer whilst food shopping is needed.

So did you confront said offensive individual and make your objections known or did say nothing and then get on TV and start bleating ?

• Like 2

How dare he not be wearing a tuxedo and full evening dress while shopping in a holiday resort....

but it's these slob's giving us a bad name.

I hope he carries on 'giving you a bad name". Most of us create and maintain our own reputations here you pathetic little man.

That's a bit strong you call me a pathetic little man, because I feel people should not being drinking beer in a super market and keep up

there personal hygiene.

Yeah,plenty of dirty slobs around.I was eating in Sisslers in Royal Garden last month when a guy on one of the neighbour tables suddenly decides that this was an excellent place to cut his toe-nails bah.gif !!!!

Body odors can have a natural cause(except being dirty),but the one of the things that annoys the hell out of me here is guys without a shirt that ventures in to supermarkets and resturant.....disgusting !!!

• Like 1

How dare he not be wearing a tuxedo and full evening dress while shopping in a holiday resort....

but it's these slob's giving us a bad name.

I hope he carries on 'giving you a bad name". Most of us create and maintain our own reputations here you pathetic little man.

That's a bit strong you call me a pathetic little man, because I feel people should not being drinking beer in a super market and keep up

there personal hygiene.

So will ask again did you confront the objectional individual and make your opinion known ?

Did you report said person to shop management as drinking alcohol in a public place in this manner could in fact be illegal ?

Did you report him to the tourists police, your local MP or congressman ?

Yeah,plenty of dirty slobs around.I was eating in Sisslers in Royal Garden last month when a guy on one of the neighbour tables suddenly decides that this was an excellent place to cut his toe-nails bah.gif !!!!

Body odors can have a natural cause(except being dirty),but the one of the things that annoys the hell out of me here is guys without a shirt that ventures in to supermarkets and resturant.....disgusting !!!

Just be thankful they are not wondering around with their gentlemen's bits hanging out

haha once again on tv people want to cause a fight. I am not saying I go out to shop dressed to kill. I do however make

sure I am clean. I also don't think drinking beer whilst food shopping is needed.

You opine that when shopping in a supermarket alcohol isn't needed, as if you are so high and mighty in your clean shorts and ironed T-shirt, but what is he was an alcoholic? Didn't think about that did you! Well, let me explain. An alcoholic is unable to undertake normal activities without alcohol, so maybe he was drinking beer precisely because he did need it...for medical reasons.

I think what you are is a bigot and an alcoholicist.

• Like 2