Slob in jomtien

lovinglifeinthailand

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not once did I mention i wear top hat and tails when i am out. I do however make sure i am clean and dress appropriate, and do not feel

the need to swig beer at every opportunity.

It seems like myself and a few others on tv are a minority, who have a little respect that we are in a foreign country.

As i said before would they act like this in there own country?

OP,

Since you feel so strongly about it, next time do something and go up and "educate" the slob. Then let us know what happens next. wink.png

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.

If i had to stop and talk to every slob i see in pattaya, i would be a very busy man. The misses would leave me for neglecting her.

• Like 1

So many angry people on here.

Welcome to Thai Visa!

Where your screen name is a serious threat to the hordes of people who hate their lives and need to become keyboard warriors and show you how tough they are by being angry and vengeful towards others. It holds back people from posting and makes this board a place which COULD be better and more popular, but isn't because the haters hold most potential posters back. Shame; shouldn't we ALL just ''love life in Thailand" like this guy and leave the hate and hostility somewhere else?

• Like 1

I saw a guy in Jomtien Tesco last week with no shirt on and thought it looked rather odd, as in ''you really can't just throw a shirt on" before walking into a place with hundreds of people fully dressed? I mean, I know it's a beach town but come on......and agreed, drinking a beer while grocery shopping is pushing it way too far.

I wear the same uniform virtually every day; a golf shirt with a collar and some gym shorts or nice khaki shorts with a pair of fake Teva's .........I think I look OK, and I am not wearing anything else thank you, but over the years [14 now] I have gotten comments from Thai's about not being dressy enough. Keep in mind they want me/us to wear long pants, shoes and an ironed shirt with cuffs and collar starched and looking snappy; sorry, it's 92 and humid almost every day and that's not happening.

Looks like i have upset many of the tv poster's.

That's not hard to do; people who hate their lives are jealous of someone who loves his, and they want to let you know to try and bring down your mood to their miserable level.

Don't let 'em.

Yeah,plenty of dirty slobs around.I was eating in Sisslers in Royal Garden last month when a guy on one of the neighbour tables suddenly decides that this was an excellent place to cut his toe-nails bah.gif !!!!

Body odors can have a natural cause(except being dirty),but the one of the things that annoys the hell out of me here is guys without a shirt that ventures in to supermarkets and resturant.....disgusting !!!

would you feel the same way if it was a nubile young vixen wearing the same??

Since were on the subject, I hate anyone who walks around with no shirt, i hate the idiots with those boxer shorts, i hate loud talkers, nose blowers, coughers who don't cover their mouths, spitters, noisy eaters, open mouth eaters, gum chewers, public nose pickers, people who put their tv on too loud in next door rooms, noisy people generally, people who pay too much for stuff, people who spend ages talking to baht bus drivers, car drivers who disregard pedestrians, boorishness....

Pattaya and the world in general is full of horrible, rude, loud, pushy, boorish people...but there is nothing much I can do about it....

Well there is...think really really hard....

I have to agree - I dress in a tee shirt and athletic shorts around the house....daytime wear is a nice polo type shirt (material picked out by me and had made) but not flashy and nice casual shorts....evening again a hand made shirt but brighter coloring to fit the evening & casual shorts or slacks.

I see some nicely dressed Farangs (usually with a Farang wife/sometimes with a Thai gal)......but for the most part the solo Farang men I see walking around do give a bad impression 65-70%......

Hopefully the Thai's notice the difference in the way people dress and carry themselves. Also, I've seen the Thai's glance at one another showing discomfort when witnessing embarassing behavior - attitude - dress by Farangs.

I have a hard time believing that people are dressing, acting this way did the same at their home country.

Maybe they just never got out of their houses, hovels, rocks.........

I get around in my undies at home. I'll wear shorts and a tee shirt when I go out during the day unless I'm on the motorbike (note bike not scooter). At night I'll chuck on a pair of jeans to keep the mozzies at bay and wear a tee shirt. Nobody looks at me funny and the wife decides which shorts, tee shirt or jeans I wear. I will wear whatever I feel comfortable in and am usually better dressed than most of the Thais.

The rest of the world can get stuffed.

I think the discussion here isn't so much about the clothes people are wearing but more to do with the age (real time or attitude wise) of the posters. It's obvious some blokes never left the nineteen fifties with their outlook. Polo shirts, slacks God help us.

Totally agree with the OP.

Low life trash like this tramp with obviously zero self worth need putting down IMO. He's walking around a public place during the day with no top on swigging alchohol and stinking the place out with his bo and some here are actually defending him? Still, looking at the state of most of the farangs living here it's not hard to work out what these defenders look like themselves....chang beer vest anyone?

Anyone without a top on shouldn't be allowed in a public place as it is hugely offensive not to mention disgusting, and believe me I'm no snob but there has to be some standards.

Vile people.

• Like 1

Since were on the subject, I hate anyone who walks around with no shirt, i hate the idiots with those boxer shorts, i hate loud talkers, nose blowers, coughers who don't cover their mouths, spitters, noisy eaters, open mouth eaters, gum chewers, public nose pickers, people who put their tv on too loud in next door rooms, noisy people generally, people who pay too much for stuff, people who spend ages talking to baht bus drivers, car drivers who disregard pedestrians, boorishness....

Pattaya and the world in general is full of horrible, rude, loud, pushy, boorish people...but there is nothing much I can do about it....

Leave ?

Leave, what do you mean by that? Leave to go where, Mars? There are annoying people all over the world.

Another thing I hate is men who wear speedos and walk around away from the beach. Speedos can be worn on the beach, if at all, if really necessary, but not walking along a street. And they are normally ugly middle aged men, so far gone that they no longer have any awareness of themselves.

Oh, I also hate loud sneezers, I mean the kind that sound like a dog barking really loudly.

While I'm at it, on the subject of supermarkets, why is it that every time I go the queues get longer? Even if when I enter the supermarket there are no queues, by the time I get to the till there are 8 or 9 people at every single f******* till, people that seem to come from nowhere and appear to go into slow motion as they pack and then seem completely unprepared when they have to pay, like its their first ever time shopping and they aren't used to money yet. Hmmmm, well, can someone explain what the f*** all that is all about because it is really getting on my t*ts.

It's a world wide conspiracy to get you. Recommend a tin foil hat....and keep away from high balconies.

I have to agree - I dress in a tee shirt and athletic shorts around the house....daytime wear is a nice polo type shirt (material picked out by me and had made) but not flashy and nice casual shorts....evening again a hand made shirt but brighter coloring to fit the evening & casual shorts or slacks.

I see some nicely dressed Farangs (usually with a Farang wife/sometimes with a Thai gal)......but for the most part the solo Farang men I see walking around do give a bad impression 65-70%......

Hopefully the Thai's notice the difference in the way people dress and carry themselves. Also, I've seen the Thai's glance at one another showing discomfort when witnessing embarassing behavior - attitude - dress by Farangs.

I have a hard time believing that people are dressing, acting this way did the same at their home country.

I get around in my undies at home. I'll wear shorts and a tee shirt when I go out during the day unless I'm on the motorbike (note bike not scooter). At night I'll chuck on a pair of jeans to keep the mozzies at bay and wear a tee shirt. Nobody looks at me funny and the wife decides which shorts, tee shirt or jeans I wear. I will wear whatever I feel comfortable in and am usually better dressed than most of the Thais.

I think the discussion here isn't so much about the clothes people are wearing but more to do with the age (real time or attitude wise) of the posters. It's obvious some blokes never left the nineteen fifties with their outlook. Polo shirts, slacks God help us.

Your wife dresses you?? Hahahahaha

What a guy!

• Like 1

i want to see mall security enforce a ''no shirt no shoes '' policy....anywhere in the mall....they dont DRESS LIKE THAT , back home but they feel it is ok here....what the F$#@....

Depends on where back home is. It's certainly not uncommon to see men shirtless and men women and kids with no shoes on in the malls in Northern Australia. I guess after a while all the preconceived bullshit finally goes away and people live and dress how they want. As long as they are not bothering me I really don't care. I saw one man -no shirt- and completely covered in tattoos, face included. I thought he looked really cool. Him and his missus shopping. What's the big deal?

Northern Oz is like Thailand(without the TV whiners thankfully) - bloody hot. Dress for the climate you are in, not the one you came from.

Good to see I wasn't the only one who picked up on that!

In one part of the sentence he says "the wife decides which shorts, tee shirt or jeans I wear."

and in the very next line says "I will wear whatever I feel comfortable in"

So, which one is it? Whatever she decides you will wear or whichever ones you feel comfortable in?

Or, if that's one in the same, why on earth would a grown man need his wife to decide what he is going to wear? Just curious.......

Yeah,plenty of dirty slobs around.I was eating in Sisslers in Royal Garden last month when a guy on one of the neighbour tables suddenly decides that this was an excellent place to cut his toe-nails bah.gif !!!!

Body odors can have a natural cause(except being dirty),but the one of the things that annoys the hell out of me here is guys without a shirt that ventures in to supermarkets and resturant.....disgusting !!!

I would..................pisses me off when I see a wixen/slut/old tart dressed in a bikini walking around shops and resturants thumbsup.gif

Good to see I wasn't the only one who picked up on that!

In one part of the sentence he says "the wife decides which shorts, tee shirt or jeans I wear."

and in the very next line says "I will wear whatever I feel comfortable in"

So, which one is it? Whatever she decides you will wear or whichever ones you feel comfortable in?

Or, if that's one in the same, why on earth would a grown man need his wife to decide what he is going to wear? Just curious.......

The colour mate, the colour.

I would..................pisses me off when I see a wixen/slut/old tart dressed in a bikini walking around shops and resturants thumbsup.gif

hahaha...but not too much!!

About 3 months ago, while waiting in my car at Rim Ping Market, I observed a falang drunk run out in the parking lot in full view of the traffic on the highway and proceed to whip out the johnson and take a leak. Of course, he could have been a mentally-disabled fellow with a weak bladder, who escaped his handlers but I didn't check. I did feel a bit uncomfortable seeing this, especially when I caught the eye of a Thai man standing by his car - I just made a face & shook my head. Meatheads are everywhere.bah.gif

Dress for the climate you are in, not the one you came from.

That's my general attitude; I come from the Boston area and it's damn cold there from late October until late May......no coincidence I am here for all that time every year. And obviously I am not going to wear cold weather outfits here, and frankly I don't even see the need for long pants unless I am going to a government office. I work from home no matter where I am and prefer to be comfortable year 'round, so shorts and sandals and a collared shirt; never too dressy but never so bad that I will embarrass myself when I go out. I hope.

I have a good friend in Phnom Penh, a Khmer guy I met a dozen years ago and have stayed close with. He always dresses sharply [he is a driver for the BBC] in crisp khaki's and a nice dress shirt and shoes, etc......and has asked me before; "you come from one of the most wealthy nations on earth, why do you not dress better"? Because, well, it's nearly 100 degrees and extremely humid in Phnom Penh and I am on, you know, Vacation??

Catch me back home going to a funeral or taking my Mum out for errands, THEN you will be impressed smile.png

Your wife dresses you?? Hahahahaha

What a guy!

No the wife undresses me .

Obviously the it pickers are out in force.

She is traditional Thai and doesn't always like my usual choice of stubbies. The Aussies and Kiwis will know what I mean.thumbsup.gif She will want me to wear something slightly longer. No big deal. Still shorts so I'm happy. But as I said the rest of the world can get stuffed.