Slob in jomtien

lovinglifeinthailand

Who drinks beer while shopping?

Let's call a spade a spade here and stop making excuses.

I used to drink out a Thai whisky bottle when doing everything. I was sick with alcoholism, which is, of course, a disease. I also never used to wash regularly or change my clothes. I am recovering now for 13 years so thank God for the people who didn't judge me but helped me get better. Alcoholics are not bad people, they are sick. Would you make the same judgement of someone dying from AIDS, for example?

ANYONE is susceptible to mental illness/disease. It is not impossible that this couldn't be you in the future. I used to know an extremely wealthy racehorse owner, who was from a titled family, who ended up as a bum on the streets.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree - I dress in a tee shirt and athletic shorts around the house....daytime wear is a nice polo type shirt (material picked out by me and had made) but not flashy and nice casual shorts....evening again a hand made shirt but brighter coloring to fit the evening & casual shorts or slacks.

I see some nicely dressed Farangs (usually with a Farang wife/sometimes with a Thai gal)......but for the most part the solo Farang men I see walking around do give a bad impression 65-70%......

Hopefully the Thai's notice the difference in the way people dress and carry themselves. Also, I've seen the Thai's glance at one another showing discomfort when witnessing embarassing behavior - attitude - dress by Farangs.

I have a hard time believing that people are dressing, acting this way did the same at their home country.

Maybe they just never got out of their houses, hovels, rocks.........

I get around in my undies at home. I'll wear shorts and a tee shirt when I go out during the day unless I'm on the motorbike (note bike not scooter). At night I'll chuck on a pair of jeans to keep the mozzies at bay and wear a tee shirt. Nobody looks at me funny and the wife decides which shorts, tee shirt or jeans I wear. I will wear whatever I feel comfortable in and am usually better dressed than most of the Thais.

The rest of the world can get stuffed.

I think the discussion here isn't so much about the clothes people are wearing but more to do with the age (real time or attitude wise) of the posters. It's obvious some blokes never left the nineteen fifties with their outlook. Polo shirts, slacks God help us.

Your wife dresses you?? Hahahahaha

What a guy!

No the wife undresses me .

Obviously the it pickers are out in force.

She is traditional Thai and doesn't always like my usual choice of stubbies. The Aussies and Kiwis will know what I mean.thumbsup.gif She will want me to wear something slightly longer. No big deal. Still shorts so I'm happy. But as I said the rest of the world can get stuffed.

What a rebel!

Aids is incurable, totally different to being a alcoholic. Well done for taking responsibility and getting clean.

I really meant HIV. I have a mate who has lived well for the last 12 years with this infection. If he stops taking his medicine, he will die. If I stop taking my medicine(AA etc), I will die. My alcoholism is not curable but treatable just the same as HIV.

You should just accept the fact and reality that there are ... and always will be ... a certain number of people ... including westerner in Thailand ... that are unpleasant and/or dirty, fat, ill dressed, asses, mean, arrogant, unfriendly, despicable, etc., etc. No need to get worked up about it .... because it changes nothing.

Unfortunately, seeing people like this is a sign of the times, in many so called Western Civilised countries.

I live in the UK and sights light that are common place now, absolutely no self worth, no respect for others etc. a result of the collapse of manners in general.

I was hoping to leave thus country and get away from this, unfortunately these people have beaten me to it .

hope he dont turn up at immigration like that,the boys on here will have heart failure...with the usual making it hard for us much better dressed expats brigade..his gf werent happy but she didnt have it on her toes as fast as her legs could carry her...if you spoke to him he might have been a very nice guy...never judge a book by its cover...i bought a homelees old man flip flops socks a warm winter thermal hat and rain mack this afternoon in ubon,i dress not to disimilar from him ..wonder what you would have thought of me...no not smug,pompous arrogant,or condecending,just kind to a fellow human ....relax your still here having a great life..wai2.gif

You should just accept the fact and reality that there are ... and always will be ... a certain number of people ... including westerner in Thailand ... that are unpleasant and/or dirty, fat, ill dressed, asses, mean, arrogant, unfriendly, despicable, etc., etc. No need to get worked up about it .... because it changes nothing.

thats a very fair and reasonable comment, especially the bit about fat people

Edited by paddyjenkins

hope he dont turn up at immigration like that,the boys on here will have heart failure...with the usual making it hard for us much better dressed expats brigade..his gf werent happy but she didnt have it on her toes as fast as her legs could carry her...if you spoke to him he might have been a very nice guy...never judge a book by its cover...i bought a homelees old man flip flops socks a warm winter thermal hat and rain mack this afternoon in ubon,i dress not to disimilar from him ..wonder what you would have thought of me...no not smug,pompous arrogant,or condecending,just kind to a fellow human ....relax your still here having a great life

What has you buying a homeless man cloths got to do with my post? This man was not homeless was just a slob.

I would never offend them in public, and would be happy to chat in a bar, but that does not mean I have to like there appearance and actions.

IMHO you are describing a typical sex tourist. In fact, most tourists dress like slobs.

All foreign residents I know, wear sport shirts or golf shirts and walking shorts or slacks. None would never wear a T shirt in public.

While at home, I wear a decorative T shirt and Pah Kao Mah style shorts.

However, when in public, I wear tailor made Hawaiian style shirts and walking shorts - sandals being the logical choice of footwear.

So many angry people on here.

Welcome to Thai Visa!

Where your screen name is a serious threat to the hordes of people who hate their lives and need to become keyboard warriors and show you how tough they are by being angry and vengeful towards others. It holds back people from posting and makes this board a place which COULD be better and more popular, but isn't because the haters hold most potential posters back. Shame; shouldn't we ALL just ''love life in Thailand" like this guy and leave the hate and hostility somewhere else?

Surely Mr "I love my life in Thailand" is the unhappy one here seeing as he has to run to his keyboard to rant about a stranger to somehow make his cyber personality seem superior to a total stranger?

As for the rest of your nonsensical post, I'd say the ones here making the attacks are those expressing ludicrous outrage at this holiday maker who's had the temerity to carry on his holiday while doing a bit of shopping.

It appears the moral highgrounders are the ones spreading the poison here making preposterous statements here like how anyone defending this bloke's right to dress as he pleases is somehow 'unhappy' with their life here or a slob.

I'd say those who feel they need to rant about total strangers aren't as happy with their wonderful lives as they'd like people to think....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

I was food shopping in one of the big supermarkets yesterday with the gf, dressed as I normally am when out in public with clean shorts and an ironed t-shirt

When I turned into the next aisle to see a western man, no idea of nationality looking like he had just been dug up. What made it worse was he was swigging from a bottle of beer and stunk of B O.

I just don't understand why people would act like that. I would understand if he was a down and out living on the beach, but the guy obviously has a roof over his head as he was buying food that needed cooking. How hard is it to shower and lay off the beer for an hour whilst shopping.

My point is I felt embarrassed that people would think we are from the same place, as to Thais a white guy is just a farang regardless of what country they are from.

There are many respectable men out here but it's these slob's giving us a bad name.

I wonder if they are like this in there home country, or is it that they come here and give up, and they know the gf wont leave them while they are paying?

Looking at the Thai gf she was not happy.

In N Korea they have a dress code, pethaps you would like it better there

This however is the free world and you should myob

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

IMHO you are describing a typical sex tourist. In fact, most tourists dress like slobs.

All foreign residents I know, wear sport shirts or golf shirts and walking shorts or slacks. None would never wear a T shirt in public.

However, when in public, I wear tailor made Hawaiian style shirts and walking shorts - sandals being the logical choice of footwear.

I hope this is not a serious post. blink.png

One hopes so or maybe its beer o'Clock or lao kho o'clock

Hawaiian shirts ! now there is the mark of a high class gentleman LOL but I must ask one assumes you wear socks with said sandals

I suppose the old saying is true about mutton and lamb

But must say getting great fashion advice from Pattaya's geriatric fashionistas....

• Like 1

Maybe some of you should offer your services as Valets in the tourist hotels. Then when you see someone not meeting your ideals of sartorial elegance you can sidle up to the offender, gently cough and say: "Ahem! Excuse me Sir, are you thinking of appearing in Tesco Lotus in that attire?, may I suggest the Gentleman's herringbone tweed will be more suitable and better received in the Fresh Produce aisle?"

Easy!! and you may even earn a few baht in the process of saving your sensibilities....

I had my thongs and socks on again today....but only cos it was bloody cold again

One hopes your talking about the things you put on your feet ie the Aussie version of flip flops and not a thing ladies use to cover their nether regions.and leave their buttocks bare....if its the latter your referring to all I can say you are a seriously ill person LOL

Maybe some of you should offer your services as Valets in the tourist hotels. Then when you see someone not meeting your ideals of sartorial elegance you can sidle up to the offender, gently cough and say: "Ahem! Excuse me Sir, are you thinking of appearing in Tesco Lotus in that attire?, may I suggest the Gentleman's herringbone tweed will be more suitable and better received in the Fresh Produce aisle?"

Easy!! and you may even earn a few baht in the process of saving your sensibilities....

Very good....they may wish too set up business with the pattaya Indian tailors on commission

I had my thongs and socks on again today....but only cos it was bloody cold again

One hopes your talking about the things you put on your feet ie the Aussie version of flip flops and not a thing ladies use to cover their nether regions.and leave their buttocks bare....if its the latter your referring to all I can say you are a seriously ill person LOL

It was cold....not bum crack thong type weather.

In fact we started a fire it was so cold today.

It's threads like these that remind me why I seldom post here at ThaiVisa. There are a lot of unhappy expats living in Thailand. They're at their computer all day spewing hatred at anyone who starts a new thread on Thai Visa. laugh.png

So, what in turn, does that make you?

It's not going to work I'm not going to stoop to your level.

Please,please post a photo of yourself in Hawaiian shirt and "Walking Shorts",as opposed to "Non-Walking Shorts",as we could all do with a good laugh!cheesy.gif

I just know you have a greasy,gray ponytail to make up for the hair missing on the top of your head!laugh.png

• Like 1

Please,please post a photo of yourself in Hawaiian shirt and "Walking Shorts",as opposed to "Non-Walking Shorts",as we could all do with a good laugh!cheesy.gif

I just know you have a greasy,gray ponytail to make up for the hair missing on the top of your head!laugh.png

And big gold Buddha medallion lest not forget

• Like 1