Suthep invites foreign ambassadors to observe demonstrations

webfact

I think the different ambassadors are too busy having garden parties to join the protesters ...... another ridiculous comment like this K Suthep ? what next ? he will ask Barak obama and vladimir poutin to join ?

Your beloved Yingluck made the same offer for all ambassadors to come to government house a week ago only to cancel the invitation when only 2 people agreed to come. So you are saying that she is also 'ridiculous' for making this suggestion first ?

More bullshit rhetoric, does it ever end.

Is this not the guy who stated a few years ago "I have no respect for farangs"?

Nothing would surprise me coming from this moron.

Like they have nothing better to do than visit what is rapidly becoming some kind of increasingly smelly refugee camp, (no) Democracy Monument.

"rapidly becoming some kind of increasingly smelly refugee camp" ?

You passed it this week?

I think the different ambassadors are too busy having garden parties to join the protesters ...... another ridiculous comment like this K Suthep ? what next ? he will ask Barak obama and vladimir poutin to join ?

Your beloved Yingluck made the same offer for all ambassadors to come to government house a week ago only to cancel the invitation when only 2 people agreed to come. So you are saying that she is also 'ridiculous' for making this suggestion first ?

More bullshit rhetoric, does it ever end.

I guess not as long as people only have their side of things and don't bother to read what the other side is doing. Try to keep abreast of the situation and see what all sides are doing, then you can understand the complete picture and avoid making stupid comments like that....

Well, maybe the US ambassador can just look out the front window. When will this cretin call it a day? The real damage is now kicking in...new CP IPO undersubscribed as reported in today's BP. The whole country is suffering because this whack job is so driven by his own self-righteousness

Suthep has a point. Thailand needs some serious reform urgently but many posters here on TV don't understand what that means. Therefor they resort to making dumb comments.

Only thing PT wants is have elections, buy votes, promise billion and billions through populism and enrich themselves (oh yes and more Red villages). They don't want ANYTHING to change because business is booming for the Shin clan.

Hey Nickymaster, don't you know it's the Dems that buy the votes:

Deputy Democrat party leader Alongkorn Ponlaboot in an interview that was broadcast on May 31, 2013 on John Winyu’s show (****Thai language removed****) stated:

“Recently, if we speak directly, they [Puea Thai] use little money. I am not saying we [the Democrats] use more money than them [Puea Thai]. [host interprets with statement "they are using less money"]. It has become inverted [host interprets and says "They don't need to use so much money?"] I say if it is like that then don’t say we lost because of money”. “For the last election, it may be because we actually used more than them. Therefore, don’t talk about this issue anymore."

+ 1 You are spot on PTP doesn't really need to buy votes because Isaan and the Northeast don't vote for a clown in the last election such as Suthep. The next election will drive the democrats to the wall because they are unelectable. Further more the financial backer of PTP is Thaksin and some small fish. The Democrats get a lot of funding from CP, Bangkok Bank and the Bangkok Elite.

They can't win. Even if the Democrats would pay 10,000 Baht x 12 million voters, the Isaan and Northeast people will say thank you for the contribution but they will vote for PTP, BJ, CTP and not any one that comes from near the South or Bangkok. Farmers in North/Northeast Thailand don't vote for Bangkok or Southern candidates.

Demographics is the key. I also see absolute no one in the executive board from the Democrat Party that comes from the Northeast or Northern Thailand. They are all from Bangkok and the South.

Edited by MobileContent

Returning to the topic, in 2010 the UDD leaders also invited Ambassadors and other diplomatic personel, but only a few accepted the invitation. Diplomats try to stay away from protests as they cannot & shouldn't be seen as taking sides.

I guess k. suthep will be somewhat disappointed wink.png

I can almost hear the gun being loaded and them taking aim at his forehead............. not too long now..how the hell can this really be happening, they voted they chose who they wanted, like them or not they won.

Well, maybe the US ambassador can just look out the front window. When will this cretin call it a day? The real damage is now kicking in...new CP IPO undersubscribed as reported in today's BP. The whole country is suffering because this whack job is so driven by his own self-righteousness

Suthep has a point. Thailand needs some serious reform urgently but many posters here on TV don't understand what that means. Therefor they resort to making dumb comments.

Only thing PT wants is have elections, buy votes, promise billion and billions through populism and enrich themselves (oh yes and more Red villages). They don't want ANYTHING to change because business is booming for the Shin clan.

Deputy Democrat party leader Alongkorn Ponlaboot in an interview that was broadcast on May 31, 2013 on John Winyu’s show (****Thai language removed****) stated:

“Recently, if we speak directly, they [Puea Thai] use little money. I am not saying we [the Democrats] use more money than them [Puea Thai]. [host interprets with statement "they are using less money"]. It has become inverted [host interprets and says "They don't need to use so much money?"] I say if it is like that then don’t say we lost because of money”. “For the last election, it may be because we actually used more than them. Therefore, don’t talk about this issue anymore."

+ 1 You are spot on PTP doesn't really need to buy votes because Isaan and the Northeast don't vote for a clown in the last election such as Suthep. The next election will drive the democrats to the wall because they are unelectable. Further more the financial backer of PTP is Thaksin and some small fish. The Democrats get a lot of funding from CP, Bangkok Bank and the Bangkok Elite.

They can't win. Even if the Democrats would pay 10,000 Baht x 12 million voters, the Isaan and Northeast people will say thank you for the contribution but they will vote for PTP, BJ, CTP and not any one that comes from near the South or Bangkok. Farmers in North/Northeast Thailand don't vote for Bangkok or Southern candidates.

Demographics is the key. I also see absolute no one in the executive board from the Democrat Party that comes from the Northeast or Northern Thailand. They are all from Bangkok and the South.

Actually they don't need to win votes because Thaksin will rig the election again like he has done since the first time and his people have been caught and banned for doing 3 times since. The actual number of votes will make no difference....

Edited by tingtongteesood
  • Like 1

"Suthep has a point"

You have my sympathies if that is what you believe.

You refer to the "serious reform needed urgently". The system hasn't changed since the coup and "urgent serious reform" was not considered necessary during the various governments that held power since then, including the abhisit government.

It is only now, having the ominous reality of free and fair elections looming on the horizon and the possibility of another defeat that people decide its time to move the goalposts.And spare me the BS about PTP winning the election by buying votes both literally and via "populism". Maybe you should compare each parties "populist" approach to the last election

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:

The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. [/size] [/size] [/size]http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

"BBC News: Few voters were expected to make their choice of future government on the basis of economic policy platforms, not least because there was little to choose between the major parties." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14005069[/size]

More red villages..............oh, give it a rest..[/size]

The PTP want nothing to change? I beg to differ but at least they do not want to go backward as would suthep - back to pre '32 if he could.[/size]

Pfff. I believe that the Shins have destroyed more of Thailand in 2.5 years than anybody could have imagined. It's time for this corrupt bunch to go. So all those protestors, mostly educated tax-paying people, are all mislead by Suthep right?

PT only wants elections because, as I said, business is booming for them. They have more agendas than working for the best interest of the country. They must be unhappy that they couldn't with wash a few criminals and remove a few more checks and balances. But ok, they can still make billions.

Really amazes me that you are happy with their performance so far. You have never heard about that rice thing that is costing Thailand billions of dollars a year just to name 1 of their screw ups?

I have to assume that you are not expecting much from a government otherwise you wouldn't be supporting Yingluck the way you are.

haha but but but waahhhh wahhh Thaksin waaahhhh:cheesy:

Is that not what these demonstrations are all about?

I think Sutheps calls for reform and installing a respected and honest interim prime minister, would have a lot more credence were it not him making the calls. Simple reason is that his personal history does not making pretty reading from an ethical or moral standpoint.

If his "movement" had any sense, they would get him to stand down (after all, he is one of the corrupt politicians he says should be removed from Thai politics), and get an honest and respected leader who would have the credentials to call for an interim, corruption free government. If the "movement" itself is and of the people, they would have such characters in their ranks who could stand up and be counted.

Having an individual with such as past as Suthep, and a Democrat party deputy leader to boot, just leave the whole "movement" open to ridicule and accusations of self interest.

Perhaps I am cynical, but where can a respected leader be found in Thailand? Where is Thailands Mario Monti?

• Like 1

I'm confused. Last week one of Suthep's factions threatened to march to our US Embassy to tell us to "mind your own business".

Perhaps they changed their minds, and instead of exerting themselves with a march, they have invited our Ambassador to their camp, so they can harangue her at their convenience.

No doubt they will pressure her (and other ambassadors) to blow a silly whistle on stage, like they did with Thai TV newscasters a few weeks ago, much against their will.

BTW, I am impressed with Ambassador Kenney, she's an excellent ambassador (small a) for all things US. You go, girl!

Edited by tx22cb

The protests will intensify...with several million people!

Billions, I would say!

At least!

No no no, way off the figure, at least a trilion i'd say.

Remenber there was hundreds of millions at the last demonstrations "the most the world had ever seen" according to Suthep laugh.png

Edited by Boxclever

I'm confused. Last week one of Suthep's factions threatened to march to our US Embassy to tell us to "mind your own business".

Perhaps they changed their minds, and instead of exerting themselves with a march, they have invited our Ambassador to their camp, so they can harangue her at their convenience.

No doubt they will pressure her (and other ambassadors) to blow a silly whistle on stage, like they did with Thai TV newscasters a few weeks ago, much against their will.

BTW, I am impressed with Ambassador Kenney, she's an excellent ambassador (small a) for all things US. You go, girl!

Careful...they'll target her kids at school if she doesn't agree with them. Same they did with Yinluk's child.

Careful...they'll target her kids at school if she doesn't agree with them. Same they did with Yinluk's child.

Let them try.

Got 2 things to say.

"What you have to ask yourself is, "do I feel lucky". Well do ya', punk?"

"Don't mess with Texas"

"Suthep has a point"

You refer to the "serious reform needed urgently". The system hasn't changed since the coup and "urgent serious reform" was not considered necessary during the various governments that held power since then, including the abhisit government.

It is only now, having the ominous reality of free and fair elections looming on the horizon and the possibility of another defeat that people decide its time to move the goalposts.And spare me the BS about PTP winning the election by buying votes both literally and via "populism". Maybe you should compare each parties "populist" approach to the last election

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

"BBC News: Few voters were expected to make their choice of future government on the basis of economic policy platforms, not least because there was little to choose between the major parties." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14005069

More red villages..............oh, give it a rest..

The PTP want nothing to change? I beg to differ but at least they do not want to go backward as would suthep - back to pre '32 if he could.

+1.

Suthep and his backers want Thailand how it was 20 years ago. Power for the few, no power to the peasants. And maybe a war or two, starting with Cambodia over a couple of square kms. Next...

"Suthep has a point"

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

"BBC News: Few voters were expected to make their choice of future government on the basis of economic policy platforms, not least because there was little to choose between the major parties." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14005069

More red villages..............oh, give it a rest..

The PTP want nothing to change? I beg to differ but at least they do not want to go backward as would suthep - back to pre '32 if he could.

+1.

Suthep and his backers want Thailand how it was 20 years ago. Power for the few, no power to the peasants. And maybe a war or two, starting with Cambodia over a couple of square kms. Next...

That must be the reason Thailand slipped 18 spots from (84 to 102) in 1 year on the global corruption index.

How many in Yingluck's (6) cabinet(s) have been punished for corruption?

• Like 1

I agree with most of your post.

XS9Ji4U_zps1b03dc28.jpg