After market razors

IrishIvan

By the photo in your avatar, I think you will need some scissors first. smile.pngsmile.png

Seriously, the after market razors are terrible. You can buy them in 7/11 and Family Mart. I've used them, but I didn't get many decent shaves out of them, so went back to the brand name razors.

They will last a lot longer if you store them with the head turned up so the water drains a way from the cuting edge.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

The ten baht bus sells them (I think you get two or three for the price). As the Iceman said, they are 100% rubbish. However, I agree with your general sentiment as to value. I recall that quite a few years ago, razors (even disposables) lasted a notably much longer time than they do now. But if all the major companies (cartel-like) agreed to change the formula of the metal to a softer composition, that would probably be illegal in many countries, so I must be wrong...

What are after market razors?

Some time ago I got tired of paying for the brand names and switched to this type of razor. Costs are next to nothing and it does the work (after few cuts at the start :)

Feather-All-Stainless-double-edged-safet

Some time ago I got tired of paying for the brand names and switched to this type of razor. Costs are next to nothing and it does the work (after few cuts at the start smile.png

I totally agree with you. I recently started shaving with an old style double edged razor and can't believe I toiled for years with the latest multi blade disposable junk at ridiculous prices. After 30+ years of shaving which I really detested I now find that shaving with a DE razor, good quality blade and shaving cream ( not the canned junk ) I actually now enjoy shaving and shave money in the process.

Some time ago I got tired of paying for the brand names and switched to this type of razor. Costs are next to nothing and it does the work (after few cuts at the start smile.png

That brings back memories. I used to use this type when I was a very young man.

After market razors are, basically, generic razors. Same as after market car parts, medicines etc etc. Just copies of the brand name product, but in my opinion, in relation to after market razors, the quality is way lower.

Edited by NamKangMan

I bought some cheap razors at a market once. Once was enough as they were not good enough for one shave.

They are OK for Thais with their lighter hair growth but we farangs need a much tougher blade, so it's the brand names. I've still not succumbed to the very expensive Gillette Mach 3 style though and am currently using an inexpensive twin-blade Schick which does the job.

If I ever have a shave in the barbers it always takes two blades, and I'm not exactly Desperate Dan!

After market razors are, basically, generic reazors. Same as after market car parts, medicines etc etc. Just copies of the brand name product, but in my opinion, in relation to after market razors, the quality is way lower.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I think in the way that Gillette Mach3 etc are brands Prada or Louis Vuitton for men. Simple razors does the same work, but people need to sometimes feel special and therefore go for "The best a man can get". The power of vanity marketing.

After market razors are, basically, generic reazors. Same as after market car parts, medicines etc etc. Just copies of the brand name product, but in my opinion, in relation to after market razors, the quality is way lower.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I think in the way that Gillette Mach3 etc are brands Prada or Louis Vuitton for men. Simple razors does the same work, but people need to sometimes feel special and therefore go for "The best a man can get". The power of vanity marketing.

everyone that uses the mach 3 is hooked after. They are really good... I guess I was hoping to not spend 600 baht every time I have to get some cartriges. I find it amazing that the Thais havent come up with a cheaper alternative
  • Like 1

By the photo in your avatar, I think you will need some scissors first. smile.pngsmile.png

Seriously, the after market razors are terrible. You can buy them in 7/11 and Family Mart. I've used them, but I didn't get many decent shaves out of them, so went back to the brand name razors.

They will last a lot longer if you store them with the head turned up so the water drains a way from the cuting edge.

wgo says I want to shave my beard? Ive might have taken up cycling as a hobby and need to shave my legs

what store have a wide selection of razor knifes in phuket?

rasieren1.jpg

No idea down there.......... next Village to me the Mum and Pop Food shop sells them, with the straight plastic handle cost 10 baht each.... never worked out the difference in blades as they have 3 different colour wrapped paper type sleeve over the blades, [or that shop has 3 x boxes on counter with 3 different colours] most I noctice buy the Orange wrapped ones, they have a blue handle just looked as I have 5 new one.......... -SDOLL Simple Razor- the rest of the writting is in Chineses

Simple shave with a blade and follow with the Mach 3... for me the blade is good for at least a week and the Mach 3 about 5 - 6 months, or max 1 month useing only the Mach 3 at around 300 baht for 2 blades.

wgo says I want to shave my beard? Ive might have taken up cycling as a hobby and need to shave my legs

If that's the case, why don't you go and speak to some lady boys? They willl point you in the right direction for razors for shaving legs. :) :)

If that's the case, why don't you go and speak to some lady boys? They willl point you in the right direction for razors for shaving legs. :) :)

I choose not to have much contact with LBs