What did you do to warm up your house ?

THAIPHUKET

It´s getting uncomfortable in the mornings + evenings. Want living room comfortable and the bed room so there is no need to cover my baldy with a pointed cap.

No electric blowers, they make the air uncomfortably dry. No wooden fires, too romantic :-)

and too lazy. We do have a working build-in chimney , could that be powered electrically?

What can be done retroactively without pulling the house down and at reasonable expense?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15C here in Chiang Mai this morning and feeling cool also.

Most houses here are so totally ventilated that any heat produced would be lost.

Out with the winter woolies, beanie and thick socks. Oh for my sheep skin Ugg boots!

re

No electric blowers, they make the air uncomfortably dry.

it works for me ! ... mines been on since 7 am this morning and my rooms lovely and warm :)

dave2

ps .. 20 quid in argos england .... and about the same postage 6 years ago !

a bit better than 6490 baht here :(

post-42592-0-78197700-1387256705_thumb.j

post-42592-0-44115700-1387256957_thumb.j

re

No electric blowers, they make the air uncomfortably dry.

it works for me ! ... mines been on since 7 am this morning and my rooms lovely and warm smile.png

dave2

ps .. 20 quid in argos england .... and about the same postage 6 years ago !

a bit better than 6490 baht here sad.png

A big supply of units at Global-House.

Feeling so cold this morning, had to put a shirt on around the house,

and at night get closer to the wife in bed to keep warm.the warmest

things are my Hedgehogs,couple weeks ago bought a heater pad,

from the UK and put it in their cage, now if i could only get a huge

king size one for the bed !

regards Worgeordie

After 3yrs i am now feeling the cold; unless its particularly chilly now or i have acclimatised to the heat.

I dress like an eskimo now on the bike 2 jumpers, hood, wifes beeny hat....like being in uk; off to the loo every 30 mins then drinking coffee to keep warm.

I DONT LIKE IT..............gotta dash....nature calls again.

• Like 1

I wore a jacket to work today. Funny how many comments I got about never seeing me wear one before. Last year, actually most years, never was cold enough to have to wear one around the office but certainly is this year. Brought my electric heater out of storage for the bedroom last night.

After 3yrs i am now feeling the cold; unless its particularly chilly now or i have acclimatised to the heat.

I dress like an eskimo now on the bike 2 jumpers, hood, wifes beeny hat....like being in uk; off to the loo every 30 mins then drinking coffee to keep warm.

Run up the hill to Wat Doi Suthep, that'll warm you up.

We were as warm as toast last night, with 7 of our cats curled up either on or in the bed. A cat's body temperature is higher than a humans, so when one curls up next to you it's like a furry hot water bottle that purrs!

Have to agree though, getting out of bed in the morning is no fun at the moment. Still, in a couple of months we'll all be moaning about the heat again!smile.png

Run up the hill to Wat Doi Suthep, that'll warm you up.
Friday it is then bud...usual time.

Anyone else need warming up?

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

We closed the windows and actually put the duvet into the duvet cover. 50 weeks of the year we use a duvet cover without the duvet. Too blasted hot. Could use a little portable space heater in the bathroom, though, just like the one we had in Michigan. Brr!

• Like 1

Enjoy it now, as you will wishing it was cooler in a couple of months. You can always get warmer with more clothes and blankets, but the only way you can cool yourself is to remove clothing and that doesn't do the trick. Stop complaining about the cool and get closer to your warm bedmate.....................enjoy it!!

I have three hot air blowers from Switzerland and have one installed in each bathroom. When I bought the first one about 27 years ago (still working!) people told me I'm crazy. I think I'm not.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, why don´t you simply assume that I know how to dress inside and outside the bed, assume that I still know how to cuddle up.. when it´s cold. Why don´t you assume the most natural thing which goes back to what we are used in other parts of the world-------namely that it is nice to have a certain level of room temperature of 21 degree while doing whatever in the evening.

Why do you must always impose your style of living on others?

I was posing a technical question, such as = can I get good under floor heating in CM, installed by whom? Running cost?

Can we talk technicalities only, please!

Edited by THAIPHUKET

It's the coldest I've been in 4 years here - this morning the coconut oil next to the cooker had turned white and solid, something that has never happened before.

Odd, but I'm actually enjoying it being chilly - good excuse to have stodgy comfort food to warm us up. Corned beef and sliced potato stew tomorrow I think.

• Like 2

You might want to try this. It shows how you can heat a room with small candles and flower pots:

http://isupportorganic.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-heat-room-for-less-than-15-cents-per-day.html

I have to say that, after searching for and finally finding just the right sized bread pan, flower pots, and candles, this arrangement just doesn't do much of anything. The pots get warm, in fact the inner one is too hot to touch, but even in a very small 4'x6' bathroom it does nothing to the air temperature. Perhaps if you have a totally enclosed, under the stairway bathroom you might notice a little warmth after a couple hours or more..

But all in all it's really unrealistic, impractical and inefficient in our cement structures here.