Court sends 8 cops convicted of robbing, abusing woman to prison

Lite Beer

And Suthep was indicted for mirder charges last week and is still leading anti-government protests.

Come back and try and make a sensible comparison. Suthep the 'hateful one' has not been convicted of anything. Try Thaksin - a convicted criminal who has been running a corrupt government as well as running from justice.

As pleasing that it is to hear such news ,I am slightly pessimistic that in light of the current situation that the powers that be a just throwing a few sacrificial rats to help sway public opinion. It needs to be remembered that these louts behave like this because the can. The cop on the beat may well be the effect however the cause lies within the administrative management of the police force which is a farce at best and the RTP are supposedly under the control of the Government

• Like 1

As pleasing that it is to hear such news ,I am slightly pessimistic that in light of the current situation that the powers that be a just throwing a few sacrificial rats to help sway public opinion. It needs to be remembered that these louts behave like this because the can. The cop on the beat may well be the effect however the cause lies within the administrative management of the police force which is a farce at best and the RTP are supposedly under the control of the Government

Though I agree with your thoughts to an extent, my thoughts are the TP are not controlled by anyone, from top to bottom. Nobody cares. It's a farce.

Brilliant, we want more of this type of news, blast it out it may catch on. tip of the iceberg re abuse the people and the system every day.

There is more of this type of news biggrin.png . 5 Officials were jailed for 6 years in Chiang Mai for extorting market vendors. Wa's goin' on? shock1.gif

None of the police in this post, or any of the officials will be in prison next week, that is for sure.

This is not good news for Thailand, this is just more of the bad news for Thailand. Prison is for the poor, anyone with a few mill in the bank will always be allowed out.

This is one of the things that Suthep wants to change, love him or hate him. But he knows you have to clean up politics first and then the politicians will clean up the police from the top down.

Who is going to clean up Suthep?

I wonder how many of you having a go at the cops have actually had personal experience of all the corruption you claim or are you just repeating what others have said.

You may well be right.

But I have never personally had any problem with the police in the 8 years I have been in this country.

So I cant comment one way or the other.

It is however great to see those who have committed crimes like robbery and rape brought to justice.

It would also be great to see others who should be in jail like the kid who killed the cop with his flash car or the girl who killed with a van locked up where they should be.

And of course the Govt spokesman who was only a few days ago sentenced to 2 years and is still up there coming out with threats and intimidation.

Brilliant, we want more of this type of news, blast it out it may catch on. tip of the iceberg re abuse the people and the system every day.

There is more of this type of news biggrin.png . 5 Officials were jailed for 6 years in Chiang Mai for extorting market vendors. Wa's goin' on? shock1.gif

what's going on?

Thailand is running out of excuses, trying to make up their continue deteriorating image.

Now they try it with painting over, using cheap paint, which falls off the next day.

bah.gif

• Like 1

One of the worst aspects of Thailand, the band of bozos know as the " Royal" Thai police. Until more events

like this occur, with the rotten apples pitched out of the basket, the police here will continue to be the butt

of jokes around the world. Tasked with protecting the people from criminals, they use their power to in

fact prey upon the people. Sickening......

I agree but this will never end until you pay police a decent wage and I don't see that happening anytime soon .

You get what you pay for

No pictures of these thugs? Rape, beatings, robbery not severe enough? Oh, but wait, farang over stay visa and BOOM there is a photo. No photos so won't be recognized when let out back door? What rubbish! They won't get a whole sentence, perhaps a word or syllable or two..... And if you haven't run into police corruption, you need to get out a bit more.

• Like 1

The (younger) female waitresses at my late night locals always vanish into the ether when the coppers appear to drink their ill-gotten gains late at night. That said, I've never had any problem with them nor seen them acting inappropriately In fact they always seem a good bunch warning me if there are criminals in the area.

I'm sure you recall the death sentence handed out for murder to a few cops not so long ago........................they were freed the day after the sentence .

Money talks, criminals walk! TIT

Welcome to Thailand where murder and rape is "legal" if you have enough cash to bribe BIB and the victims family bah.gif

• Like 1

There is more of this type of news xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.zYprVTCWT1.web alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20> . 5 Officials were jailed for 6 years in Chiang Mai for extorting market vendors. Wa's goin' on? xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.s3-14vgJzB.webp alt=shock1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2642662569 width=18 height=19>

None of the police in this post, or any of the officials will be in prison next week, that is for sure.

This is not good news for Thailand, this is just more of the bad news for Thailand. Prison is for the poor, anyone with a few mill in the bank will always be allowed out.

This is one of the things that Suthep wants to change, love him or hate him. But he knows you have to clean up politics first and then the politicians will clean up the police from the top down.

Keep on dreaming Nibbles, first Suthep have to clean up in his own office, starting with himself whistling.gif

Just one question from the wiser and more knowledgeable amongst us.
Where's the obligatory picture of the woman pointing the finger at the bad guys?
Everyone should see who are are, even if she gets covered up or left out. I understand her privacy concerns.
But these guys should by publicised MORE than the usual crims

This article should be read to every Thai cop, at every shift roll-call, for weeks on end. That is of course if they have such a thing. From what I have seen of the local BiB, they may not have such a thing which is common place in most professional police forces that I have come across.

For the honest cops (I'm sure there must be some), they must be working in a living hell, being surrounded by such low vermin and wallowing in a sea of corruption and ineptness.

Edited by Benmart

Bullocks

Well done. In North America it seems police get very light sentences as jail is deemed to dangerous for them.

You are either a liar or flat out stupid.

As a (ret) agent, I can tell you cops caught committing crimes or even former cops get much more time.

• Like 1