December 24, 201312 yr Unfortunately P.A. policies do not cover medical expenses more than 600k Baht (which is not always sufficient for serious injuries) so the only sensible option is a proper medical policy which covers not just accidents but any other problem you may have and need hospitalisation. Yes but at what premium? Most of the health care/medical in patient policies I have seen like LMG's executive plan ( their highest coverage ) runs just under 20,000 baht a year ( for my age group over 55 under 60 ) yet covers only 646,000 max limit per disability anyway. So what specific policies would you suggest at a reasonable yearly cost that exceeds a PA policy? First let me repeat, PA insurance is no substitute for medical insurance. LMG - what you say is incorrect LMG do offer a higher (full payment) policy. As an example of a company/policy there are the Allianz policies, one for your age costing $1,816 and covering (full) [payment up to $500,000 - enough for any accident/health problem
December 24, 201312 yr First let me repeat, PA insurance is no substitute for medical insurance. LMG - what you say is incorrect LMG do offer a higher (full payment) policy. As an example of a company/policy there are the Allianz policies, one for your age costing $1,816 and covering (full) [payment up to $500,000 - enough for any accident/health problem Understood that a PA is not a replacement but for folks looking specifically to additionally insure for what is the most likely need it is an option. As to LMG I only have the info sent to me by a broker...perhaps you? Will attach below Lastly in my case $1816 is too much that is the reality. 60,000 baht a year for a healthy person? Yes I can suppose all kinds of devastating illness that would make it seem cheap but in all my years I have never used a hospital for anything other than broken bones. I am a healthy person & hope to stay that way. Of course I know that may change but at least for now I must look at it the same way an insurance company does with their pricing & look at my odds & situation/ ability to pay. As it stands now I know I can out of pocket 1 million baht in an emergency so have left it at that & played the odds. Now due to risk evaluation I would like to look into a larger accident rider. What do you suggest? I would like something around 10k a year I would like 500k coverage. Does it exist? LMG.pdf Edited December 24, 201312 yr by meechai
December 24, 201312 yr Yes it does - as I mentioned in my Post 29. Send me a PM and we can arrange to discuss.
December 24, 201312 yr Yes it does - as I mentioned in my Post 29. Send me a PM and we can arrange to discuss. That is fine & I will PM you But your a sponsor so allowed to advertise & many read follow threads here looking for similar info. Why not state it here for all to benefit? Edited December 24, 201312 yr by meechai
December 24, 201312 yr So the gent above can save the $1816 per year for the next 5 years until he is 60 and play the odds that he would not have any medical expenses that would exceed that amount or an amount held in reserve. Most likely that would be a good bet. However, then he is past the age of 60 which makes it difficult to apply for any healthcare insurance where the odds on having insurance is more likely in his favor.
December 24, 201312 yr So the gent above can save the $1816 per year for the next 5 years until he is 60 and play the odds that he would not have any medical expenses that would exceed that amount or an amount held in reserve. Most likely that would be a good bet. However, then he is past the age of 60 which makes it difficult to apply for any healthcare insurance where the odds on having insurance is more likely in his favor. That is a valid thought. But in my case as much as I love Thailand I still own a home in the US. I am not certain I would stay here after 60 as we mainly came for my wife to spend more time with her parents who are in their 80's & 90's now. I do love it here though & staying is a possible scenario but, things like you mention about insurance when older in both costs & obtaining it along with political instability makes the future full time living here an uncertainty for us. We are both US citizens so do have that option but as yet are undecided.
December 25, 201312 yr Yes it does - as I mentioned in my Post 29. Send me a PM and we can arrange to discuss. That is fine & I will PM you But your a sponsor so allowed to advertise & many read follow threads here looking for similar info. Why not state it here for all to benefit? I would presume because there are too many variables in both your personal situation and your wishes to state a general advice.
December 27, 201312 yr Quite correct Stevenl as we all have different needs - and budgets ! However Meechai now has all the information and can report back on his decision if he wishes. May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who posts on this Forum and to wish everyone a Happy New Year
Create an account or sign in to comment