Teaching Non B Visa between jobs

I have a Non B Visa (without a named school) which i got from London Uk. It lasted for 3 months. Then I got an extension which was stamped till March 2014 with the schools name on the stamp. I made a 90 day report in Nov 2013 and the immigration gave me another 90 days till Feb 2014. I left the school on 29 Nov 2013.

Is my visa still valid till Feb 2014? Or have I have to pay a fine ?

You apparently have an extension of stay not a visa.

Your extension ended on the date you stopped working. Has your ex employer canceled your work permit? They should of given you a letter for you to take to immigration to cancel your extension on your last day of work.

You are liable for a 500 baht per day overstay fine.

Your extension ended on the date you stopped working. Has your ex employer canceled your work permit? They should of given you a letter for you to take to immigration to cancel your extension on your last day of work.

I left my job so they couldn't give me a letter but they could have emailed me

I left my job so they couldn't give me a letter but they could have emailed me

Does that mean you "walked out"?

Did you give notice of your intention to leave ?

Just asking smile.png

You need to get to get it taken care.

You could try flying out but have enough to pay the overstay with you in case your extension has been canceled already.

A border crossing is not advisable because there have been reports of them turning away people with extensions and no re-entry permit.

To the OP: No wonder farangs get treated so bad when others just pull this kind of stunt. You should have gave them at least a months notice and not jumped boat. Some of us really want to land a job here and people like you F&*k it for the rest of us. I hope they cancelled your workpermit and that you will get stung with a fine. Maybe this will make you think before you do stupid stunts like this in the future!

To the OP: No wonder farangs get treated so bad when others just pull this kind of stunt. You should have gave them at least a months notice and not jumped boat. Some of us really want to land a job here and people like you F&*k it for the rest of us. I hope they cancelled your workpermit and that you will get stung with a fine. Maybe this will make you think before you do stupid stunts like this in the future!

I've been on rubbish wages for over 7 months. I am fed up trying to make ends meet as i have no income from England. The post came up and I grabbed it before I lost it. Why do you think I was so bad? you would have done the same as me I'm sure.

• Like 1

I am in the same situation Jonny...I tried to make a smooth transition between jobs, but it was impossible. My new employer's HR just didn't file the paperwork on time, for what reason I can't figure, and he now claims that my previous employer cancelled my B Visa behind my back without notice, when I was away on leave. I am still not sure whether that is possible...I am consulting with a lawyer about this now. I've received conflicting opinions.

I am in the same situation Jonny...I tried to make a smooth transition between jobs, but it was impossible. My new employer's HR just didn't file the paperwork on time, for what reason I can't figure, and he now claims that my previous employer cancelled my B Visa behind my back without notice, when I was away on leave. I am still not sure whether that is possible...I am consulting with a lawyer about this now. I've received conflicting opinions.

If you have a valid visa in your passport it cannot be cancelled.

Perhaps you do not have a visa ?

If on an extension of stay that would end on the day the job ended. Overstay will be payable at 500 Bht/day

I have a B Visa that is valid until May 31, 2014...but my previous employer is claiming they cancelled it behind my back on October 1, 2013 without giving me 30 days notice. Even my Dean didn't know that I'd been terminated. Can an employer cancel my visa w/o me knowing they have done that? I had to leave my job because I was incredibly sick with dengue, hardly able to function, so I was in no condition to even care at the time...

I have a B Visa that is valid until May 31, 2014...but my previous employer is claiming they cancelled it behind my back on October 1, 2013 without giving me 30 days notice. Even my Dean didn't know that I'd been terminated. Can an employer cancel my visa w/o me knowing they have done that? I had to leave my job because I was incredibly sick with dengue, hardly able to function, so I was in no condition to even care at the time...

Your visa CANNOT be cancelled.

• Like 1

Your visa CANNOT be cancelled.

Okay, thanks...that seems reasonable. But, my new employer's HR believes it can be, and has been. How can HR people at universities be so confused about Immigration rules? They have given me so much misinformation that now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll go to Chang Wattana next week and do my 90-day report...and hope everything is okay.

Okay, thanks...that seems reasonable. But, my new employer's HR believes it can be, and has been. How can HR people at universities be so confused about Immigration rules? They have given me so much misinformation that now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll go to Chang Wattana next week and do my 90-day report...and hope everything is okay.

You are liable for a overstay fine of 500 baht per day ( max 20k) from the date your job ended. If your employer did notify immigration that your employment ended you may learn about it when you go for your 90 day report.

Come on. You can't just assume he is in the wrong. For all we know they might not have paid him correctly, on-time, or even all at!

Or perhaps it was them who let him go without enough notice.

You are liable for a overstay fine of 500 baht per day ( max 20k) from the date your job ended. If your employer did notify immigration that your employment ended you may learn about it when you go for your 90 day report.

So does that mean we are supposed to leave the country on the same day as our employment ended? or go straight to immigration to change to a tourist visa on that day?

Is there any official time period we are given after ending a job?

Thanks smile.png

Edited by Water Buffalo

There is no time allowed. You get a letter from employer stating the date your job is ending and go to immigration on that date to cancel your extension. You then have until midnight to leave or apply for a 7 day extension (1900 baht fee).

There is no time allowed. You get a letter from employer stating the date your job is ending and go to immigration on that date to cancel your extension. You then have until midnight to leave or apply for a 7 day extension (1900 baht fee).

My current employer has obviously mislead me...for 2 months they told me everything was okay, they were transferring my work permit and visa to their name...when it obviously wasn't...and they weren't.

They are required by law to give you 30 days notice of termination unless they some serious grounds for immediate termination. In other words they can't legally cancel your work permit without giving you notice.

Thanks for the information. But can I prove to Immigration that I didn't get notice? It's hard to prove the lack of something....