Caretaker PM Yingluck to consult govt's legal adviser over poll delay

webfact

Caretaker PM Yingluck to consult govt's legal adviser over poll delay
By Digital Content

13875045156854.jpg

ROI ET, Dec 20 – The government will consult with the Council of State and legal experts on the possibility of postponing the February 2 general election, according to caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

She was referring to a recommendation by the Election Commission (EC) to put off the nationwide poll for fear of chaos and violence.

Ms Yingluck said the government was willing to cooperate with all parties concerned and would ask the Council of State, legal consultants and academics on the possibility of following the suggestion.

She said there would be enough time for her to decide whether she would run in the election and whether members of the Shinawatra, Damapong and Wongsawat families will refrain from contesting seats to ease anti-government sentiment. The three families are inter-related.

“We have time to decide. We will inform (the public) after our decision is made,” she said.

Regarding the Bhumjaithai Party’s suggestion to all political parties against contesting in the poll unless the political situation returns to normal, Ms Yingluck said it would be up to the decision of each political party. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-20

How can she be taken seriously as the "caretaker" of Thai government? Hiding away in Roi Et (most remote corner of Isaan) with her back to the wall on the brink of collapse. Clearly her days of supposed "leadership" are nearly finished.

"We will inform (the public) after our decision is made"
No I think it's the other way around. The public (majority) are telling you what to do.

Edited by Captain_Bob
  • Like 1

Finally some good news!!clap2.gif

"She said there will be enough time for her to consider, whether she will run in the election and whether members of the Shinawatra, Damapong and Wongsawat families will refrain from contesting seats to ease the anti government sentiment"

If the above qoute is correct, then maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel??whistling.gif

I am not a big fan of Benito Suthep, but if he and his followers have accomplised, that 3 of the most corrupt families in Thailand refrain from running for office, then credit where credit is due!!clap2.gif

Next step will be removing Suthep and the rest of the corrupt - oops nobody left to run the country!

And if anybody actually thinks that by those families removing themselves from the election process will remove external influences on the PTP then they need their heads looked at!

Perhaps a "Farang Peoples Council" comprised of those TV members that know what to do to bring the country round? They will of course will require some sort of incentive! But that would not be considered to be corrupt would it?

1509412.GIF

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 2

How does that work out, if PTP thinks they can still decide later? Starting next week is the registration of candidates, which means the process of election preparations is being started. Will the govt or the EC later tell them all it was an April fools day joke?

Somebody wrote, that in 2006 (?) Taksin had polls delayed by about half a year. What was the reason given then?

As for the rice pledging thing I doubt the PTP will find ways to legally or correctly find money to pay out the farmers. Prices are falling around the world and rice is rotting in the warehouses. But maybe Taksin opens his personal private fortune to pay out for rice. Oops, but then nothing is left to pay for votes...

SamM.

we can only hope. If she is being honest and we do not have red shirt/yellow shirt interference it should be good for the general population. Getting rid of the corrupt families from politics would go a long way and that includes all sides.

Caretaker PM Yingluck treads dangerous ground , this stalling tactic seems fishy to me , as I have no confidence or trust in this mob of spiffs , I can only think no good will be the out come of this request, this in turn could lead to much more serious public disorder and Suthep having another string added to he's bow, to demand more from the situation.bah.gif

KKhhhhmmmmmm .......

I guess this legal adviser gives 100 Million Baht valued invoice for his advises, than fifty - fifty .... w00t.gif &thumbsup.gif

And what kind of advise does w00t.gif miss?

She would like to know really over or not ???

hit-the-fan.gif

Caretaker PM Yingluck treads dangerous ground , this stalling tactic seems fishy to me , as I have no confidence or trust in this mob of spiffs , I can only think no good will be the out come of this request, this in turn could lead to much more serious public disorder and Suthep having another string added to he's bow, to demand more from the situation.bah.gif

I thought it was Suthep who was the one who wanted the "snap election" delayed? I can't see any net gains to anybody here, whatever gets proposed get knocked down in flames even if it's what was demanded by Suthep etc. It's ridonklious

I wonder if YL stepped down as a lot of people are crying out for whether she would then be accused of abandoning the country etc by the same people who are wanting rid of her? I suspect if she was to say okay, you have your wish, I'm knocking it on the head and I wish you all luck, she'd be accused of abandonment, corruption, sodomy, shoplifting and anything else people can dream up. The Thais would probably get sick of K. Suthep within a week and be wondering what had just happened and round two would start.

totally useless

before she open her mouth she should find what the various options are

every time she speaks she makes herself look sillier and sillier ...

either you can ... or you cannot

On the contrary. It is an astute polictical move. Just wait a couple of days and Suthep will change his demands again.,

I thought it was Suthep who was the one who wanted the "snap election" delayed? I can't see any net gains to anybody here, whatever gets proposed get knocked down in flames even if it's what was demanded by Suthep etc. It's ridonklious

If YL agrees to delay the election, she will remain as caretaker PM/DM longer. She has not said anything about resigning as caretaker, which she still claims would be unconstitutional (irony at its best). Nor has she said anything about reforms in the delay period.

More time to get the ducks in order, siphon as much as possible and crank up the propaganda machine - "look how reasonable I am. Please leave my family alone' etc.

If the 3 families (NY has 5, or is it 7) don't run then expect them to be driving things from behind the scenes. This may well be a better short term strategy for them.

How can she be taken seriously as the "caretaker" of Thai government? Hiding away in Roi Et (most remote corner of Isaan) with her back to the wall on the brink of collapse. Clearly her days of supposed "leadership" are nearly finished.

No I think it's the other way around. The public (majority) are telling you what to do.

" The public (majority) are telling you what to do. "

Where's whybother when you need him? Perhaps you should look up the definition of "majority" in your dictionary - and "caretaker" wrt Thai governments while you're at it - it doesn't seem as if you understand the concept of either.

totally useless

before she open her mouth she should find what the various options are

every time she speaks she makes herself look sillier and sillier ...

either you can ... or you cannot

On the contrary. It is an astute polictical move. Just wait a couple of days and Suthep will change his demands again.,

Nothing new really. It's in line with the normal 'give me some time', 'wait a moment', 'have to read some document first', 'my cabinet will answer that question', 'please have faith in us'?

How does that work out, if PTP thinks they can still decide later? Starting next week is the registration of candidates, which means the process of election preparations is being started. Will the govt or the EC later tell them all it was an April fools day joke?

Somebody wrote, that in 2006 (?) Taksin had polls delayed by about half a year. What was the reason given then?

As for the rice pledging thing I doubt the PTP will find ways to legally or correctly find money to pay out the farmers. Prices are falling around the world and rice is rotting in the warehouses. But maybe Taksin opens his personal private fortune to pay out for rice. Oops, but then nothing is left to pay for votes...

SamM.

Repeat after me - "Thaksin did not have the polls delayed in 2006" - that is just the rantings of some idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Of course, true to form, it is now "gospel" because "I saw it on TV Forum".

" The public (majority) are telling you what to do. "

Where's whybother when you need him? Perhaps you should look up the definition of "majority" in your dictionary - and "caretaker" wrt Thai governments while you're at it - it doesn't seem as if you understand the concept of either.

I'm glad you finally understand what "majority" means.

SamM.

Repeat after me - "Thaksin did not have the polls delayed in 2006" - that is just the rantings of some idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Of course, true to form, it is now "gospel" because "I saw it on TV Forum".

After the April 2006 election was declared invalid thaksin planned a new one for four months later. is that within legal limits according to the 1997 constitution or also a wee bit late?

• Like 1

I didn't think that Thaksin was allowed to hold political office in Thailand - how long has he held the position of government legal adviser, I wonder!!!!

Your politics are spot on but your geography is a bit off. I live some 2 hours drive North/North East of Roi Et.

I have often referred to it on the forum as the 'Bermuda Triangle' of Isaan

I have often referred to it on the forum as the 'Bermuda Triangle' of Isaan

Roi Et has long been known as the 'jewel of Isaan'. If some farang were lost never to be seen again, it is probably because they went to the second floor of the Mai Thai Hotel.

From section 108 of the constitution:

The dissolution of the House of Representatives shall be
made in the form of a Royal Decree in which the day for a new
general election must be fixed within the period of not less than
forty five days but not more than sixty days as from the date of the
dissolution of the House of Representatives and such election day
must be the same throughout the Kingdom.

On what date was the House of Representatives dissolved?

Ever try to post something looking for a serious answer on TV? People will tell you you are stupid for asking, the subject is stupid, and why are you asking such stupid questions! Let these people rule?? You have have your mouth washed out with soap for saying that!!!

Finally some good news!!clap2.gif

"She said there will be enough time for her to consider, whether she will run in the election and whether members of the Shinawatra, Damapong and Wongsawat families will refrain from contesting seats to ease the anti government sentiment"

If the above qoute is correct, then maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel??whistling.gif

I am not a big fan of Benito Suthep, but if he and his followers have accomplised, that 3 of the most corrupt families in Thailand refrain from running for office, then credit where credit is due!!clap2.gif

Next step will be removing Suthep and the rest of the corrupt - oops nobody left to run the country!

And if anybody actually thinks that by those families removing themselves from the election process will remove external influences on the PTP then they need their heads looked at!

Perhaps a "Farang Peoples Council" comprised of those TV members that know what to do to bring the country round? They will of course will require some sort of incentive! But that would not be considered to be corrupt would it?

1509412.GIF

"Caretaker PM Yingluck to consult govt's legal adviser over poll delay"

"Dear election committee, please give us more time until at least the end of July, so we can resurrect our amnesty Bill again, and collect more money money money to votebuy our Isan folks again with more white lying populist policies. That's how we will win against the nasty nasty Suthep and Abhisit and the nasty nasty Anti-government folks and stay in power,... and I get a special trip to Hawaii,... Sponsored by our beloved voters and taxpayers," giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Yingluck does not choose the date of the election and she does not want to change it. She is under pressure from Suthep as is

the Election Commission. They have sent out memos saying they are amicable to postponing the election because this is what

Suthep wants. The first step for Suthep is push back the election, giving him more time to get her to resign from the caretaker government.

Then he can appointment his council with himself as the head or at least the puppet master and once and for all end democracy

in Thailand. He wants a Fascist State and is working hard to bring that about. The election date will probably not change as the date

chosen is in the constitution.

Please stop dictatorship of the ruling elites in bangkok.

The real problems in thailand are:

social injustice

Bad education for the poor

Corruption

Weak labour unions

We need grassroots movements. Forget the redshirts. Forget the yellow shirts.

We need something new!

Democracy now!

Tom

Please stop dictatorship of the ruling elites in bangkok.

The real problems in thailand are:

social injustice

Bad education for the poor

Corruption

Weak labour unions

We need grassroots movements. Forget the redshirts. Forget the yellow shirts.

We need something new!

Democracy now!

Tom