Ideas for the cooler weather

HeavyDrinker

I've been getting nostalgic of late so I've decided to go back to my tourist roots and revisit the touristy sights; places like the Grand Palace, Chinatown, Wat Pho, Wat Saket, WInanrnmek,Ancient City Jim Thompson's House, etc, as it won't be too draining on my ageing frame in this lovely cool weather.

This weekend I'm now also committed to going to Chatuchak with the missus as usually I'd avoid the place like the plague as it's stifling but shes been on at me to go for almost every weekend for years now so why not?

All of these are places I've not been to in donkey's years as it's usually just too darned hot so I'm going to refresh my memory.

Does anyone have any interesting additions as I'll freely admit that any recent additions to tourist attractions in BKK/Central Thailand have passed me by.

• Like 1

Hum ... how to stay warm in these cooler times.

Presuming you have sent the cheese and kisses off shoe shopping ... maybe a Thai sandwich?

Considering your maturing years, I'd stick to a standard sandwich.

A Thai Club Sandwich ... we'll leave that to the younger folk.

• Like 1

If you go to chatuchack then also look all around the normal market, there is much much more to see/buy. Take a walk in the park there too and feed the turtles with banana. (they are at the bts-side in some side canals).

Or go to Sanam Luang 2 market, aka Thonburi market.....is more relaxed then chatuchack and also huge on the weekend.

Cheers for the replies. The sandwich idea has just been rejected out of hand with a scowl.

The Giant Swing seriously freaks me out just standing there imagining it going makes me dizzy....Si Satchanalai is also a nice call as last time we were up that way it was ludicrously hot so she still hasn't been to Sukhothai plus gets me a nice train ride...

Ancient City thumbsup.gif certainly best on a cooler day, maybe get a guide or at least someone to read the signs for you (sounds like you have the latter).

If you take the subway to Chatuchak the exit that goes to across the street from the market puts you right at the famous fruit market (AwTawGaw?)where rich people buy each other presents. Great variety and quality from all over the country, some free biggrin.png samples and some good prepared food stalls. When you get out of the subway on the Chatuchak side you are next to the used book section. Lots of big picture books ('coffee table books') at much better prices than new. Vendors will usually let you unwrap them to take a look. Have a foot and leg massage while the keen shopper shifts into her second gear rolleyes.gif New Cultural Center near the Jim Thompson (make a reservation for tea at the cafe) house usually has some interesting modern art exhibits if you like those, and is air conditioned.

Its the best time of year for me whilst building a house, i can get up at 6am and get straight on with it...........love it!!

April?? erkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The park behind Seacon Square is a nice walk around.

Edited by kannot