Bankruptcy In The Uk

Sorry - my computer crashed as I was posting.

The basics are that I will be moving to Bangkok in a month and have a large amount of unsecured debt here in the UK. I have been advised to strongly consider bankruptcy but am worried about any affect it might have on my new life in Thailand.

I'd appreciate any advice or observations from anyone who has seen or heard of a similar situation.

Many thanks,

Andy.

This is becoming a popular option in England now..... :D

My advice to you is to face up to your debts!

You borrowed the money or ran up your CC bills and now you want to walk away and start a new life here.

Not very trustworthy are you..... :o

Just my 2 satangs worth :D

Hmmm , the chap is doing this the legal way , would you choose to spend 25 years paying off hideous interest rates whilst your life drains away?

I agree that running away and leaving your creditors is not a trustworthy option.

Read the post again if you think this what the OP is doing.

Too many sanctamonious know-it-all hand wringing petty minded Pauline Fowler-like knob jockey w@nk spaniels on this thread for my liking.

A few skeletons reminding you of your pasts , chai mai ?

:D

Edited by chonabot

I agree with Mobi too

Andy does not seem like the fly by night who runs up debts and then does a bunk to Thailand to avoide them so good luck Andy - do not look back and get yourself a new start.

The people on their high horse probably have hero's in the financial sense who got rich by being shits and defaulting on their way - pay no heed to them as they probably have their own skeletons in the cupboard.

You say you have enough to live on here.

The job is a good one.

Loads of people coming here think the same, then discover either one or both of these statements is actually false.

So, how much do you think you will be getting here? Thai or multinational? Is there a Thai gf involved?

What is the job?

Edited by mowlem

The people on their high horse probably have hero's in the financial sense who got rich by being shits and defaulting on their way - pay no heed to them as they probably have their own skeletons in the cupboard

A lot of assumption there.

I myself have not attacked the OP over any assumptions regarding running from debt, I don't see that is what he is doing.

With respect to people who do run from debt, well I still have a high horsed attitude but I keep it to myself since I'm confident in my belief that those who run away to Thailand to escape problems are laying the foundations for a later ruin - Their problems eventually catch up on them - with a vengence.

Seen it happen more than enough times and I've too often seen guys turning down good advice to sort problems out before coming to Thailand. If they are of a mind to run away from their problems they are not looking for advice to the contrary. (An example can be found on the family branch right now).

Then again, as I say, I don't put the OP in tha bracket.

Edited by GuestHouse