An ordinary Thai's impression of us Westerners.

i claudius

I know people that are always unshaved, thing is, they must take time to trim the bristles just to look unshaved, why not properly shave? unironed t shirts scraggy shorts and 29 Baht flip flops...yet can spend 15k a month or more to keep their tiraks family happy.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think much of poor old women who have to sell food by the roadside with no attempt at hygiene.

(I bet she doesn't wash her hands between going to the toilet and serving food)

In the west they would be considered criminals and forced to move on.

Foreigners wearing smart shoes and a jacket in CM are usually criminals living hand to mouth and scamming their scruffier fellow countrymen.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

I don't think much of poor old women who have to sell food by the roadside with no attempt at hygiene.

Don't you think its bad when even an old woman who sells food at the side of the road ,looks down on many of the falangs here ? strange.

Don't you think its bad when even an old woman who sells food at the side of the road ,looks down on many of the falangs here ? strange.

I don't care what the poor think of me.

I bet she would be happy for me to sleep with her daughter and give her enough money not to be a street seller, no matter how I dress.

So you are saying she only cares how white foreigners dress? ...... strange.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Note to self; next time I take a vacation in a tropical country I shall bring a dress shirt and slacks.

I don't dress as a slob nore do I dress ti impress. If going to Immigration or a decent restaraunt etc. then sure I try to look better and if with a gf then sure you want to look a little better just out of respect for her HOWEVER from someone sitting outside of an Immigration office selling som tum and judging people is not the best opinion to take advice from.

Im my stay here I have ran into some of the nastiest looking Thai guys coveren in tattoos and scruffy as can get and was actually a but afraid however it normally turns out that theye are very nice, friendly decent folk.

NEVER judhe a book by it's cover. Don't forget also we are not all expats here in Pattaya. Many are on vacation, young, partying and just having fun. When I was young I had a mokack when I was into Punk Rock and I'm sure people would have thought I was a reprobate when in fact I would have given them the shirt off my back. (Not that they would have wanted a Sid Vicious t-shirt) lol

• Like 2

I bet she would be happy for me to sleep with her daughter and give her enough money not to be a street seller, no matter how I dress.

What i find strange is the fact you think that poor Thai people are all happy to sell their daughters so they would not have to work.

What i find strange is the fact you think that poor Thai people are all happy to sell their daughters so they would not have to work.

Please post a picture of you and your misses so I can pick faults with both your appearances.

Let's hope neither of you is fat, bald or ugly. I may be scruffy, but I can change my clothes.

(and I'm not a racist either, unlike you)

Edited by FiftyTwo

How am i racist? you are the one who said you were sure a poor Thai woman would sell you her daughter for sex ,so that she does not have to work. you sound a real quality tourist /expat .

Edited by i claudius

How am i racist? you are the one who said you were sure a poor Thai woman would sell you her daughter for sex ,so that she does not have to work. you sound a real quality tourist /expat .

You used a derogatory word to describe white foreigners.

Thai is not a race, but white people are.

I know people that are always unshaved, thing is, they must take time to trim the bristles just to look unshaved, why not properly shave? unironed t shirts scraggy shorts and 29 Baht flip flops...yet can spend 15k a month or more to keep their tiraks family happy.

Why would anyone concern themselves with the way others groom themselves? It's called retirement - being able to do what you please. Relaxing somewhat on the judgement of how others present themselves would also benefit your own retirement. People come here to get away from the normal grind and having to deal with judgmental people.

• Like 2

There are way too many disgusting, revolting, violence-loving, sick-in-the-head farangs in Pattaya-Jomtien that are giving the rest of us a bad reputation--many have shaved heads and loads of tatooes that make them look like they just escaped from prison.

Huh!? These shaved head, tattood guys are exactly the type of guys I like the most! I wish there were more of them around.

But I never see many violence-loving, sick-in-the foreigners. Where are they?

Thais don't like shaved head guy? News to me.

Im afraid they dont much care for us, shaved or long hair, shorts or black tie

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not sure why anyone would really care what a grubby som tom seller with a primary school education thinks about them.whistling.gif

Exactly....grubby som tum seller, bigoted geriatric farang, making comments about farangs with shaved heads and tattoo same same

• Like 1

Coming on holidays from a freezing winter in OZ I couldn't wait to put on my T Shirt, shorts and thongs. For the 6 weeks I was there that's all I wore and it was one of the best holidays I ever had. I really don't think Thai people give a stuff what you wear, but they do like you even more if you spend your money buying their goods, renting their beach chairs, buying their beer or going to their restaurants. Thailand, I love the place.

• Like 2

people who have no education & money and working the street, as a cleaner or worse, they live by with gossip, look at all the stupid thai shows, that is what they like

poor dirt & on the phone and smoking ciggies, is their life

work = hanging around, chatting, gossiping, and do as little as possible

Coming on holidays from a freezing winter in OZ I couldn't wait to put on my T Shirt, shorts and thongs. For the 6 weeks I was there that's all I wore and it was one of the best holidays I ever had. I really don't think Thai people give a stuff what you wear, but they do like you even more if you spend your money buying their goods, renting their beach chairs, buying their beer or going to their restaurants. Thailand, I love the place.

I do not believe that she was commenting on tourists in holiday mode of shorts and t shirts ,more the dirty unwashed guys with a few days growth of beard and loads of tatts ect ,that you see going to immegration ,i do believe it was just a comment that many do not seem to have any manners or pride in themselves . and God knows as someone who has been around THailand for 20 odd years i see enough of them ,

people who have no education & money and working the street, as a cleaner or worse, they live by with gossip, look at all the stupid thai shows, that is what they like

poor dirt & on the phone and smoking ciggies, is their life

work = hanging around, chatting, gossiping, and do as little as possible

My Thai is not great i miss a lot when strangers talk ,but i had the jist of the conversation ,that was the only reason i asked my wife what she said ,if it had been an everyday conversation i would have taken little notice.

sorry i quoted the wrong post ,it was meant for Rockhopper ,no she was not trying to save my face ,we have been married far to long for her to do that she knows how much Thai i understandtongue.png

Edited by i claudius

Thais see foreigners as "Walking Wallets"

Only if you are dumb enough to let yourself be seen as such.

Yeah... they see you and say, now this one is differen from the restt!!! laugh.png

Get a grip. They see you in the same light they see all farangs. Don't kind yourself otherwise.