Good Golf Balls

55Jay

Small question. My mate plays golf once, maybe twice a week and usually buys second hand balls in a plastic bag.

For Christmas, I would like to give him a box of good quality balls for his bag. What is considered a reasonably good, quality brand name here in LOS?

While it's the thought that counts, I would like to get this one right so when he opens the gift wrap he thinks, "Wow, really nice" not "Ah, crap balls".

Thanks,

J

Never mind. While waiting for some quick input, did some reading and see there's all sorts of info about golf balls so my question is far too simple - covers, cores, spin, soft, hard, driver, short game - <deleted>! blink.png

I'll just splash out on some ProV balls, stick a bow on it and call it a day. Thanks anyway.

It depends, some people don't like pro v1s. If you can check what he plays with and buy those. 2nd option is if a low handicap pro v1 is a good bet, if high handicap maybe a ball like titleist velocity, these are around 2000 baht

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It depends, some people don't like pro v1s. If you can check what he plays with and buy those. 2nd option is if a low handicap pro v1 is a good bet, if high handicap maybe a ball like titleist velocity, these are around 2000 baht

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If he buys the plastic bags of balls most of them are probably my old ones! 1509417.GIF

Wilsons are OK various types but often deals with 3 boxes for around THB1000, deals usually at the likes of Supersports.

Your a good friend but, if he's anything like a friend of mine they'll still be in the box next Christmas. My mates been carrying round, 1 new Pro V1 ball for the last couple of years. He won't hit it because he's too scared to lose it. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Your a good friend but, if he's anything like a friend of mine they'll still be in the box next Christmas. My mates been carrying round, 1 new Pro V1 ball for the last couple of years. He won't hit it because he's too scared to lose it. w00t.gif

Being he was playing golf this morning, I have him his gift early, last night. Really seemed to like them and I had a laugh when he said exactly what you mentioned above. Took 1 box of 3 this morning, said he would try 1........ didn't want to lose any! I guess he'll sit around and stare at his balls instead of using them. Too funny.

Anyhow, thanks again. Cheers. J

• Like 1