Chiang Mai opens San Kamphaeng OTOP Center

CMfoodie

Don't know the address..... anyone?

CHIANG MAI, 22 December 2013 (NNT) – The San Kamphaeng District in Chiang Mai has officially opened the OTOP Exhibition and Distribution Center to uplift the products in Chiang Mai.

The new landmark is opened as another destination for tourists to find quality OTOP products of the North. The OTOP Center is set to promote the local products known as World Class Lanna, which are the wisdom of Chiang Mai residents. Over 5,000 OTOP items are sold here. Some pieces are quite rare in the world.

The handicraft products showed the beauty and uniqueness of the northern culture. It is believed that the OTOP Distribution Center will help improve the quality of the local OTOP products and expand the market abroad.

It is expected that Chiang Mai OTOP products would generate hundreds of millions of baht each year in the future as they are being exported. The San Kamphaeng OTOP Center is a pilot project for other provinces to follow suit.

I went the other day to try and get some Christmas presents to bring back to UK for family... what an absolute waste of a place... never have I been so disappointed in such an overhyped shopping extravaganza.

Seriously. Don't bother. I cannot stress to you enough. It is a shop with barely enough stock to fill it at high tourist prices.

If you're after local attire and handicrafts you'd be better braving the crowds of Walking Street which is what I ended up doing or another similar market.

sad.png

• Like 1

I went the other day to try and get some Christmas presents to bring back to UK for family... what an absolute waste of a place... never have I been so disappointed in such an overhyped shopping extravaganza.

Seriously. Don't bother. I cannot stress to you enough. It is a shop with barely enough stock to fill it at high tourist prices.

If you're after local attire and handicrafts you'd be better braving the crowds of Walking Street which is what I ended up doing or another similar market.

sad.png

Gosh, what a surprise whistling.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice KanomPang but as you've been there, could you at least tell the rest of us EXACTLY where it is and then we can waste time checking it out, when there is nothing else to do on a Cold Day in CNX.

Really, youre joking of course?

Will it be similar to all those othewr OTOP centers, deserted with 80% of the shops empty, but hundreds of stalls 500 meters up and down the road. ?

Ah, but this one's in the Prime Minister's home-town, so will clearly attract masses of visitors, which the ones in existing popular tourist-areas struggle to do. whistling.gif