Work permit renewal

thank you; do you know if I can get the extension of stay done earlier/ later than the stated expiry date?

Can't you get in touch with your immigration office? It's certainly possible to do it earlier, but not after it expired. Then you'd have to start over again and leave the country.

Wish you best of luck.-wai2.gif

Your employer can get your work permit done. But you will need to a apply for your extension of stay (not a visa) in person at immigration.

Not strictly true in 13 years of extensions I have only had to turn maybe 5 times all other times some one in the company has done it for me.....hand over WP/WP couple of days later pp/WP back to me stamped in for another year

You must apply to renew your WP before the expiry date.

On your WP5 application, Phuket Labour will then give you an A5 sized receipt (WP5) for which you pay an initial 100 THB fee, you can then use this along with all the other papers to apply for your extension of Permission to Stay at Phuket Immigration.

Once your extension is sorted you then give Labour a copy of the new entries in your passport and they will process your WP renewal.

Here is the list for a 2.1 extension at Phuket:

Try going in to Labour (dept!) 30 days early to start the ball rolling, the staff in Phuket can be very helpful - explain/show your situation and I am sure they will not have any problem with the application being 30 days early.

Hopefully you can get everything sorted well in time to get this stressor out of the way well in time before your impending birth.

Good Luck.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

Yes ,dont wait for the day it expires,because my application has been in now for 3 weeks,seems to be taking a long time this year.

Key thing is to register the WP5 renewal up to 30 days before expiry and then proceed straight to immigration to apply for a fresh 2.1 extension. .

Yes Phuket are running quite a backlog on renewals - recently was up to 4/5 weeks.

However the actual WP can be returned well after the expiry date, as the WP5 receipt is good to work under in the intermediate, whilst the renewal is being processed.