Singha Beer Family Scion 'To Change Surname'

Lite Beer

I went to a Motorbike repair shop and the owner had exactly the same feeling as Ms. Chitpas. This is why the Democrat Party will not win the next elections (Not just this next one). Only when they show more respect to those "Kwai" (their term) voter from the provinces in the North and Northeast will things change.

"Ms. Chitpas Bhirombhakdi, who told a number of foreign media that she distrusts electoral politics because rural voters are uneducated about democracy."

She never said that. The source of that 'quote' came from Khaosod, the Red slanted 'news'.

What she said was "... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas".

Still there seems to be a larger lack of understanding among the mob that blows whistles in Bangkok right now.

I would suggest more drastic actions then changing her surname. Give away all your wealth and don white. Then you've really shown them!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leave the poor girl alone she is one of the best assets the PTP have.

There is a lot of talk about the maniac Suthep from the many Thais that I know but this young lady is one of the main talking points and has really done a lot of damage and stirred up a lot of pots, long may she continue with her rhetoric.

• Like 1

Leave the poor girl alone she is one of the best assets the PTP have.

There is a lot of talk about the maniac Suthep from the many Thais that I know but this young lady is one of the main talking points and has really done a lot of damage and stirred up a lot of pots, long may she continue with her rhetoric.

We are talking of a potential 2nd Laidy PM of Thailand (while still united).

What was that about freedom of speech? Something the red shirts having been fighting for ... unless it's about them.

Now the red shirts are threatening up country breweries unless they shut her up. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2070704717 width=20 height=20>

They don't really threatening any breweries but they said they are going to stop buying products such as Singha, Leo and Singha water.

Boon Rawd Brewery needs those revenues to survive in the small market they currently have. Their main competition is ThaiBev with Chang and Archa, so for the BRB family, they must be very worried about their Leo beer sales in Isaan as most of the revenues from Leo beer comes from the red shirt strongholds.

Then, let us just deny everything! What the Reds said about Suthep and Chitpas, What Suthep said about Yingluck and Taksin. Everything is slanted.

End of story? I think not. The arrogance of many people, however is very true. One example I mention - I heard with my very own ears. That was the disgust of one rich family towards the poor rural people. I am sure such thing exists in many more people in Bangkok.

Would be nice if there was a survey done on what rich Bangkokians think about rural hillbillies from Esan and Northern Thailand.

I went to a Motorbike repair shop and the owner had exactly the same feeling as Ms. Chitpas. This is why the Democrat Party will not win the next elections (Not just this next one). Only when they show more respect to those "Kwai" (their term) voter from the provinces in the North and Northeast will things change.

"Ms. Chitpas Bhirombhakdi, who told a number of foreign media that she distrusts electoral politics because rural voters are uneducated about democracy."

She never said that. The source of that 'quote' came from Khaosod, the Red slanted 'news'.

What she said was "... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas".

It's not really "courage" when you're insulting the people that you need to get on your side in order to win an election. The reason why the Democrats have lost every election for 23 years is exactly what Ms. Chitpas said. They think the rural poor are stupid. Ms. Chitpas just went a step further than your average Democrat and basically said it out loud.

What the Democrats are saying is "if you don't vote for us, you have no clue and are not Democratic".

That is not democracy, that is dictatorship.

Democracy is when people vote and you accept what those people have voted.

Whoever thought Thailand was ever a real 'democracy' have to have their heads examined.

True democracy doesn't work here. The winners end up stealing and ruling the country right into the toilet while the losers will never accept the results. This country needs equal power shared between the Dems and the PTP(sans any Dubal influence). This way, they can watch each other like hawks and each side has enough power to make sure the other side doesn't screw up too badly.

So the answer obviously is to dump democracy altogether because a inherited millionairess tells us that the people are too stupid to understand?????

My God this country needs help. How about she keeps her stupid gob shut or start helping to find a way to get MORE democracy/transparency/accountability and not less.

Of course if I was really stupid I would reckon that to smash corruption and get more democracy the logical thing to do would be would be to support a guy like Suthep because he had such a good track record and a ditzy bird like this because she had loads of cash because her granddad could make beer???????

I mean I just instinctively trust her judgement in supporting such an upstanding man such as Suthep. He's just such a beacon of honesty. I await her renouncing her family wealth just to show her principled sacrifice to the country.

It's not Ms. Chitpas alone who wants a modified sort of system for this country. You're just attacking the messenger. You have a problem with rich people? That's sad. But let's not forget, there probably aren't any poor MPs in the PTP. And we know how poor the Shinawatras are.

How has democracy worked for this country so far?

Would trying something new out help root out corruption and make the government and country better? Who knows until it's tried? It can't get any worse than this. We need something a parliament similar to the senate in which some members are elected and some appointed. If there are enough MPs on both sides to make sure the other side can't just pass any bill without properly debating it in parliament or to make sure the other side can't steal, we'd have less of these protests for sure.

I have a problem who walk around and tell people with less than them are inferior yes. Even more so when they inherited it.

As for what they want as a reform, beyond taking away some voting rights and buying time for reform they haven't given any details. So until that happens, there is nothing to discuss beyond, them wanting to take away votes.

First thing that has to go is the defamation law. There can be no accountability if you can't show peoples wrong doing publicly. Second thing that must go is immunity from prosecution for mps.

Any reform that doesn't include that, doesn't matter to think about.

The very best reform I like is for every single citizen to have their tax return as part of public record.

Tax evaders beware.

Why is everybody so excited about that woman: she is only saying, what she and her likes think.

The uneducated peasants are good enough to buy her products (and make her richer by the second) but too stupid to know anything.

So keep your head down, wai and drink beer, but don't get any idea about voting or rising from the dirt!

Nothing to see here- just move on!

• Like 1

What was that about freedom of speech? Something the red shirts having been fighting for ... unless it's about them.

Now the red shirts are threatening up country breweries unless they shut her up. rolleyes.gif

So the red shirts force the breweries to close, I bet it would only last until the beer runs out...

• Like 1

I have to agree with Mss. Watheveryournameisgannabe the rural people in Thailand don't know a thing about what they are voting for.

But I have the feeling that this is the same in the South, Middle, East, West and yes !! Even in BKK

I have to disagree with this the rural people in Thailand know exactly what they are voting for ....... the 200 bht they are paid for making the mark on the ballot .

• Like 1

Why is everybody so excited about that woman: she is only saying, what she and her likes think.

The uneducated peasants are good enough to buy her products (and make her richer by the second) but too stupid to know anything.

So keep your head down, wai and drink beer, but don't get any idea about voting or rising from the dirt!

Why?

Because she is fairer, younger, smarter, more beautiful than Yingluck.

Why?

Well wow. She must be really top of the class material. I mean she's loaded so she must be smart right?

Its so dumb. Let's go from one wolf in sheep's clothing;Thaksin,,to another.

Jek joke if connflict between family and cash who will come out on top.

If you had a room with 70 million monkeys maybe one of them will notice that a LEOpard does not change its spots

Happy Holidays everyone of every hue,The Christmas spirit is not what yu drink,gifts are irrelevant,people are the key.

Tragic that folks with everything would even pretend to disown a daughter however wayward.

I recall when Maureen returned from working the streets of London to Dublin.

Ma welcomed her in with open arms as the long lost prodigal in fur coat and miniskirt attire of her "trade"

Father however said he would not have the whore in the house.

She said thruogh the letter box so you won't want the new BMW and Rolex then dad.

He replied sorry ,I thought mother said you'd become a Protestant.

Why?

So what you're saying is, you would vote for Yingluck if you had to choose between Yingluck and Abhisit in an election, right?

Why are you rooting for ugly Suthep then?

Why?

So what you're saying is, you would vote for Yingluck if you had to choose between Yingluck and Abhisit in an election, right?

Why are you rooting for ugly Suthep then?

Maybe because he's a tad better looking than Thaksin.

This is all about beer sales. The paragon of viol.., sorry virtue Kwanchai of the Udon Thani red brigade has threatened the Singa people that their brewery in his patch will not be selling too many Singas if the boss doesn't rein in the daughter.

I don't know much about the daughter other than what has been published and it's always best to run a critical eye over what comes from the likes of Khaosod. But it shows that the red shirts are every bit as dangerous to this country as the current subject of hate - Suthep.

Then, let us just deny everything! What the Reds said about Suthep and Chitpas, What Suthep said about Yingluck and Taksin. Everything is slanted.

End of story? I think not. The arrogance of many people, however is very true. One example I mention - I heard with my very own ears. That was the disgust of one rich family towards the poor rural people. I am sure such thing exists in many more people in Bangkok.

Would be nice if there was a survey done on what rich Bangkokians think about rural hillbillies from Esan and Northern Thailand.

She said what she said. Biased 'news' outlets changing her exact words is plain wrong. All one has to do is just Google what she said to the foreign news outlets then compare it to what the red Khaosod 'quoted' her saying.

• Like 1

I have a problem who walk around and tell people with less than them are inferior yes. Even more so when they inherited it.

As for what they want as a reform, beyond taking away some voting rights and buying time for reform they haven't given any details. So until that happens, there is nothing to discuss beyond, them wanting to take away votes.

First thing that has to go is the defamation law. There can be no accountability if you can't show peoples wrong doing publicly. Second thing that must go is immunity from prosecution for mps.

Any reform that doesn't include that, doesn't matter to think about.

The very best reform I like is for every single citizen to have their tax return as part of public record.

Tax evaders beware.

She never really expressed that she was superior to others. All she said was a lot of people here, especially the rural people didn't fully understand what democracy is. A little condescending, for sure but what she said is true. A lot of people here don't understand what true democracy is. Certain red slanted news outlets took her words and twisted it to make it sound worse than it is.

• Like 1

Would it surprise you if many poor Bankokians agreed with them?

A bachelors degree in Geography from Kings College. whistling.gif

Well there we have it.

I'll leave the relative evaluation to you, But if nothing else, her english usage suggests she may well have completed her degree without "assistance."

Well there we have it.

I'll leave the relative evaluation to you, But if nothing else, her english usage suggests she may well have completed her degree without "assistance."

My 9 year olds are bilingual, hardly the be all and end all. Kings is a good college. And?

• Like 1

Well there we have it.

My 9 year olds are bilingual, hardly the be all and end all. Kings is a good college. And?

And I have to wonder why a wealthy family chose a (twenty-) fifth rate uni in hillbilly country which caters mainly to African-Americans (if that is the currently PC term).

Well there we have it.

Not that I care about Yingluk but....BA arts science Chiang Mai Uni Masters of Public administration Kentucky state Uni USA probably also got her masters without assistance.

The idea that a Geography degree is in some way more relevant or superior than a Masters in PA is a bit ..... crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Lets face it these arnt exactly rocket scientists or a beacon of intelligence to stand in awe of, any of them, just rich .....

Edited by englishoak