Cost of Vocational/Technical College

Enoon

Can anyone tell me how much it costs per year for a student to attend a Vocational/Technical College? Are there separate fees for registration/course/term? Do the students have to pay for their materials and equipment and to enter examinations? It is likely to be an engineering/electrical maintenance course in Roi-Et province.

Thankyou.

First question, is your Thai sufficient to study a course entirely in Thai?

As I could be wrong, but I assume Rajabhat RoiEt, or one of the Vocational colleges, probably don't have courses in English.

With this in mind, you'd likely be looking at around 10,000 per term, but that's just an estimate based on what my gf said universities usually cost.

If they did have a program in English, it'd likely cost more than this.

• 3 months later...

Just looking this up and came across this site asking for donations for poor students and suspect information is correct in regard to government schools. This was in regards to a teenage student making the vocational choice after 9th year which is 3 for certificate (or 5 for degree) year course option now available.

http://www.thaistudentcharity.org/what-does-it-cost-to-make-the-difference/

10,000 Baht will pay the expenses of a university student for one semester, or will pay the fees for one year (two semesters) for a vocational college student.
70,000 Baht will provide a five-year scholarship for a new college student studying to Higher Vocational Diploma level.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just looking this up and came across this site asking for donations for poor students and suspect information is correct in regard to government schools. This was in regards to a teenage student making the vocational choice after 9th year which is 3 for certificate (or 5 for degree) year course option now available.

http://www.thaistudentcharity.org/what-does-it-cost-to-make-the-difference/

10,000 Baht will pay the expenses of a university student for one semester, or will pay the fees for one year (two semesters) for a vocational college student.
70,000 Baht will provide a five-year scholarship for a new college student studying to Higher Vocational Diploma level.

Thankyou, very useful information.

You do understand these courses are for the Thai 15-18 year olds who are either too badly behaved or failed to attain the required grade average that would entitle them to continue government high school in years 4,5,6.

The Op never said he was attending the course. It is likely he could be the sponsor of a student who will study. It is good to ask here if he doesn't know.

You do understand these courses are for the Thai 15-18 year olds who are either too badly behaved or failed to attain the required grade average that would entitle them to continue government high school in years 4,5,6.

The Op never said he was attending the course. It is likely he could be the sponsor of a student who will study. It is good to ask here if he doesn't know.

I was pointing out to the OP that these courses are generally for the uneducable.

The Thai gfs often sell them as courses for exceptional students.

All the teen gang fighting you see in the papers is from these 'vocational schools'.