Owen Wilson accused of supporting whistle-blowing protester: Thailand

webfact

Yeah, I'm a professional photo editor, and it doesn't take me to tell you that this is fake as hell.

What moron thought this was worthy of publicizing?

I would venture a guess that the author of this article knows the person that 'shopped this personally.

All this new anti-Americanism is putting me on edge.

New anti Americanism ? You have obvious been walking around with you eyes and ears shut for at least 30 years then LOL

• Like 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm a professional photo editor, and it doesn't take me to tell you that this is fake as hell.

I would venture a guess that the author of this article knows the person that 'shopped this personally.

New anti Americanism ? You have obvious been walking around with you eyes and ears shut for at least 30 years then LOL

"lol"

I was very clearly referring to the recent trend of Thais pretending that Americans are somehow involved in this particular political conflict.

Chuckle

He was probably confronted by a fan who happened to be one of the anti-government demonstrators. No doubt the whistle was given to him as a gift, a gesture, Anyone trying to make anything out of this is really stretching things to the limit...!!

Fairly recently we read how a government worker was given a whistle and forced to blow it in support of Suthep . these are the bully tactics that are being practiced and they will only get worse as their confidence grows.

LOL! What a news!!!

Wilson accused... By who??? Any reference? Any interview?

Nothing... Just build a story from a viral picture.

The usual BS on Thai press. All Thai press is just the same. This cannot be even considered an article.

No sources, only speculations and some twit. Oh gosh...

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 2

"Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup."

Now that is ironic. Whole thing seems weird as Hollyweird.

I never liked the aspect of American culture that features the opinions of actors concerning economics, politics and other important issues. If an economist has an opinion about economics, I read it carefully.

When actors talk about issues my ears go deaf. Its like saying a mime is qualified to program a Cray.

Give yourself a break read this who's who of British celebrity political endorsements.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/a-whorsquos-who-of-celebrity-political-endorsements-1962049.html?action=gallery&ino=11

Anti Americanism isn't new it's as old as the price that comes of being the world's richest country - when you lose it and get the sympathy vote it will be because you no longer have such big cojones.

I've read the plot in more detail, this sounds like an extremely irresponsible movie considering the current political situation.

Are you daft? It's a Hollywood movie and it's not made for Thailand. It's entertainment. They're not advocating burning babies.

I've read the plot in more detail, this sounds like an extremely irresponsible movie considering the current political situation.

Oh dear, how irresponsible. Won't worry the Thais (red or yellow) being paid for their assistance, will it? And the film probably won't be shown in Thai cinemas anyway.

"Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup."

Now that is ironic. Whole thing seems weird as Hollyweird.

I never liked the aspect of American culture that features the opinions of actors concerning economics, politics and other important issues. If an economist has an opinion about economics, I read it carefully.

When actors talk about issues my ears go deaf. Its like saying a mime is qualified to program a Cray.

Give yourself a break read this who's who of British celebrity political endorsements.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/a-whorsquos-who-of-celebrity-political-endorsements-1962049.html?action=gallery&ino=11

Owen Wilson didn't say a word!

Fairly recently we read how a government worker was given a whistle and forced to blow it in support of Suthep . these are the bully tactics that are being practiced and they will only get worse as their confidence grows.

Getting any bites ? whistling.gif

Why did this story get such a response ? It's not as if Chuck Norris kicked in the doors of Government House and thrashed everyone in there. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I wonder how many tourists have bought the flag lanyards and other products just because they have the Thai flag printed on them without knowledge of the political connotations. I suspect more than a few.

Yes, I agree ....and if he was visiting Hawaii and someone put a Lei around his neck, would it mean he was "getting layed"? C'mon, fair suck of the sav!

Like most unaware Westerners, he probably thinks Suthep and his rabble are supporting a democratic movement. Little does he realise that actually they want to do away with votes. Typical Thailand; while many people in the rest of the developing world are continuing to struggle for the freedom to vote for a political leadership that they choose, in Thailand it seems (at the moment and in Bangkok) they other way round.

me think you are trolling

That twit is always trolling.

If you bothered to tread the end of the report Owen is quoted as saying the photographer who one would assume is the kids parent gave him the whistle with the kid and he thought it was just a souvenir.

But even if he did side with anyone, I thought nobody in Thailand cares what anyone else thinks about anything anyway....?

he's lucky the local reds didnt try to beat him up but then they only do that to women as they dont hit back. How pathetic is it when you are accused of something because you are wearing a whistle, these people are idiots.

where did you get the information that they beat up women? what's your source? it looks like the yellow shirts are all over the place disrupting normal people trying to go to work and home. if you can't back up a statement like that than keep it to yourself. if you can back it up, then do so!