Home Invasion and Robbery of Brit-owned Apartment in Central Pattaya

webfact

Home Invasion and Robbery of Brit-owned Apartment in Central Pattaya

brit-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday Afternoon a robbery occurred at a 7th floor apartment in Central Pattaya, owned by a British Man and his Thai Wife who live and work in UK and had just arrived for a short holiday in Pattaya.

Police were called to the apartment by Mr. Keith Taylor aged 46 and his Thai Wife Khun Packawan aged 37. As the pair arrived at the complex they noticed a man by the elevator pretending to talk on his mobile phone.

30 minutes after the pair arrived at their apartment, there was a knock at the door and the same man was there demanding the pair make their way to the reception area to speak with the Manager of the Complex.

They opened their front door to speak with the man who then pushed his way into the apartment and stole a bag containing 2,000 pounds sterling, their passports and other personal documents.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/113083/home-invasion-and-robbery-of-brit-owned-apartment-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-25

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW ! a DOUBLE Point Rim making up as the year Ends.

Can't wait for next year as the crimes increase our Pointing Pics should Increase also.

By the way are they pointing at the Bag as an accomplice ????

Merry Christmas everyone & have a Great New Year

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

What is it with all the tourist that want to take loads of cash money to Thailand. Haven't they ever heard of banks and ATM cards/machines?

Unless the money is not legal of course (tax free), well then I also don't feel sorry for them.

Merry X-mas

• Like 1

"stole a bag containing 2,000 pounds sterling, their passports and other personal documents."

Having the passports I understand but why do people travel with foreign currency? You'll get a better exchange rate transferring it from the UK bank to your Thai bank than you will for exchanging cash. Am I missing something here?

Edited by saroq
  • Like 2

"stole a bag containing 2,000 pounds sterling, their passports and other personal documents."

Having the passports I understand but why do people travel with foreign currency? You'll get a better exchange rate transferring it from the UK bank to your Thai bank than you will for exchanging cash. Am I missing something here?

Because some of us prefer not give our money to banking cartels to profit off.

• Like 2

Because some of us prefer not give our money to banking cartels to profit off.

Too late - the "banking cartel" (read Rothschild family) made their profit the minute they printed the notes you carry around and issued it as debt, and make more profit every day that you have the notes in your pocket as its value deflates. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

So the robber walks in, around the bed, to the table, grabs the bag (they are pointing at the table

so assume the bag was on it), walks back and out and runs down the stairs, from 7th floor, outside to his motorbike (no mention of another person

already waiting on the bike) and drives off. From the CCTV frame, the robber was not particularly big. No mention he was carrying any weapons.

What were the couple doing during all this?

• Like 1

A post said this is none of our business if someone travels with cash. I beg to differ: it is news, and members are here to post their thoughts and opinions, and most of us question the intelligence of traveling with large sums. Many, my self included, think it was some sort of setup, not some random rip off. Happens lots here, as those who have lived here a long time know. Bringing in the Illuminati and Rothschilds.... what is that about? Are you suggesting we just burn our paper money? Buy gold (which could also be stolen and converted into that "worthless paper)?

• Like 1

I cannot understand people travelling with large amounts of cash . You risk losing it all along the way .

If they want to send money to Thai relatives , the can arrange it through their British bank .

Otherwise , far better to draw a little money at a time from an ATM .

• Like 1

What is it with all the tourist that want to take loads of cash money to Thailand. Haven't they ever heard of banks and ATM cards/machines?

Unless the money is not legal of course (tax free), well then I also don't feel sorry for them.

Merry X-mas

Perhaps they're just not as bright as you are? They also do not make unfounded allegations against others who have had a crime committed against them.