webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, he vows to.....

'put an end to the illegitimate regime of caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra .'

Now, does he mean the regime in general is illegitimate or only the 'caretake' governmental role? Whichever it is, I frankly can't help thinking that neither Suthep, or his brother Walter Mitty, stand a cat in hells chance of delivering Thailand from constructive fiscal corruption into a brilliant white and shiny New World Order .

This situation does, at least, give us 'armchair politicians', something to muse over.

A peoples revolution without the people!!coffee1.gif

I wonder if the people taking part in the "revolution" are aware of, they are going to lose their votingrights??

The amart are moving the pawns!!sad.png

Give us a break, the biggest "Amart" here lives in a castle in the desert, avoiding prosecution as a criminal for raping Thailand of billions of Baht, ordering the killing of thousands of people, and inciting farmers to overthrow and burn down Bangkok.

I thought they already had Victory Day in December. rolleyes.gif

Yes,.. and one in November as well so that makes 2 Victory Days but I heard a rumor that he needed a hat trick before being allowed to declare and "Absolute" Victory day,.. therefore there's gotta be another one in January and then we're all set for the PDRC of Thailand to take the reigns!

• Like 1

Can anyone care to venture a guess as to what he will actually do in January? I'm due to spend a week from 25/01 in Bangkok. Flying back home on 01/02. Is it possible what he is proposing will make even tourist activities a non starter?

I thought they already had Victory Day in December. rolleyes.gif

Yes,.. and one in November as well so that makes 2 Victory Days but I heard a rumor that he needed a hat trick before being allowed to declare and "Absolute" Victory day,.. therefore there's gotta be another one in January and then we're all set for the PDRC of Thailand to take the reigns!

Yes, that's right. He's had two declared Victory Days already.

Oh dear Mr. Corrupt Palm Oil Man, oh dear....

Can anyone care to venture a guess as to what he will actually do in January? I'm due to spend a week from 25/01 in Bangkok. Flying back home on 01/02. Is it possible what he is proposing will make even tourist activities a non starter?

Not a lot as long as the Army and Government hold their ground. He is losing now, they are standing firm without giving in and the power is theirs. He will huff and puff and bluster, there will be a few days of protests where 6 million :rolleyes: protesters will do their thing.... there is simply no way they (the average people/protesters) will shut down BKK for a month. For one thing most of them have jobs and businesses.

The only way he will do it is by renting thugs out of desperation.... which would be interesting. :D

Not a lot as long as the Army and Government hold their ground. He is losing now, they are standing firm without giving in and the power is theirs. He will huff and puff and bluster, there will be a few days of protests where 6 million rolleyes.gif protesters will do their thing.... there is simply no way they (the average people/protesters) will shut down BKK for a month. For one thing most of them have jobs and businesses.

The only way he will do it is by renting thugs out of desperation.... which would be interesting. biggrin.png

ok thanks. I checked with Agoda and I can cancel my hotel booking up to 7 days in advance so will wait it out and see what happens. I really hope I don't have to ditch all plans to spend time in BKK though.

What kind of organization targets the young child of a political leader to force that child's mother to leave office? Yingluck has used incredible restraint dealing with these Terrorists. What do you think would happen to Americans if they tried to storm the White House?Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Storm the White House? They stood outside and yelled.

Oh yes and the other 12 million voters in Thailand dont get a say or vote? (Sounds like democracy for sure) Your getting too much cash handed to you by the people suthep, we all see it, would you like some more? Wish someone would send you in a minivan to Issan, am sure you will be welcomed.

True democracy wont happen in Thailand for years, stop wishing for it people and get realistic, get on with it or go home. Does anyone think that Abhisit is not corrupt and not excepte a satang in his l I ife? Gee I think some may be naive, face it people until AEC and ASEAN starts Thailand is at a stand still and Suthep aint helping anyone but his own bank balance, oh and by the way, I wonder how much that is now with thousands of educated Bangkokians throwing money at him?

Is there no one, not even a rogue red shirt who can end Suthep's madness? The break down in Thai education is also already clearly visible. Tens of schools are closed because an outright idiot makes it too dangerous for children to visit schools (Just like his Muslim friends like it in the South) and we have brainless students on the street who believe voting should be stopped because one man one vote is not what they want. True, most of those students are not in university because of their brains, but rather the lack of brains, which is duly compensated by their father's tea money.

• Like 1

At some point his backers will give this useful idiot a bullett in the back of the neck - that time can't be far off now - trouble is lounge lizards like Abhisit haven't seemed able to step up to the mark and exploit the situation. He reminds me of the Fox scene in the Anti-Christ , brutal,sinister and a portent of worse to come. At some point the cheering, flagged upped whistling crowd enjoying the party will pay a high price for their delusions and that time is well nigh upon us.

Note; most Suthep lovers on this forum are living/working in BKK. probably for multi-national companies. On decent salaries. Listened to their Thai colleagues in the air-conned office. Back to their apartment/condo in the evening. Maybe had a holiday in Hua Hin.Think they are clever. BUT... they have not got a clue about the real Thailand, the real Thai people, their work, their day in, day out lives, OUTSIDE of BKK. Have not got a clue. On just about every issue.

That would apply to most Thais - there is no free speech or understanding of history in Thailand just a saccharined force-fed nationalism from cradle to grave. Not possible to have an open discussion here or anyhwhere else openly in Thialand as we all know. That said it is certainly more open and transparent within parameters than say China or Vietnam so we must be grateful for small mercies.

• Like 1

Suthep sincerely believes he can get away with this because he has tacit backing from the military. What needs to happen is for the army to show him they will stand by their sworn oath to uphold the freely elected Thai government. They need to arrest him and force him to face his outstanding charges.

Without any military backing this movement to remove democracy will dissipate. But that is not to say there doesn't need to be changes made. Any future governments need to be accountable, transparent and held to higher standards where corruption is punished. This will be a painfully slow journey in a country where the concept is acknowledged then ignored. But it is many times better than handing power to an unelected group who think they deserve it and promise not to abuse it, especially if they do actually have the army behind them. The chance that they will voluntarily cede power back to the people is virtually nil.

• Like 2

YOU don't see anything wrong with that , but a lot of people do because he won't allow a properly elected government to run the country while these reforms are being implemented.

And he hasn't revealed exactly who would run the country during this time nor he hasn't revealed exactly what the nature of the reforms will be?

They use the style of anonymous which is against power elites of all kinds and would see this yellow coalition as a craven obedesiance to power. Their knight in shining armour Suthep is as piggy corrupt as any of the rest of them and their fatuous , poorly made video shows littel else other than a lot of Bangkok well off Thais are venal and stupid. If they want street protests and shows of strength then its time for the Reds and supporters to show their hand soon. Most of the folk out on the street just like the party atmosphere and the time off from the tedium and banality of their day to day lives. It will not end well and most will end up paying for the party in the end.

Something going on in Krung Thep? Biggest news here in Surin is the "cold weather"

If Kuhn Suthep wants a peoples revolution, he better not hope that the majority of the people revolt....just saying.

A bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Edited by watso63

Is there no one, not even a rogue red shirt who can end Suthep's madness? The break down in Thai education is also already clearly visible. Tens of schools are closed because an outright idiot makes it too dangerous for children to visit schools (Just like his Muslim friends like it in the South) and we have brainless students on the street who believe voting should be stopped because one man one vote is not what they want. True, most of those students are not in university because of their brains, but rather the lack of brains, which is duly compensated by their father's tea money.

The last time a Red shirt Madman (Seh Daeng) was on the street, the sniper finish him off in one shot.

The last time the Yellow shirt Madman (Suthep) is asafe, as rumored in TV is that he is backed by the army and the elite.

"He told supporters to be in physical readiness for the month-long seizure and advised government officials to take side now."

So he is going back to the forceful violent tactics, this power crazed fascist egotistical maniac obviously doesn't care if people will die so he and his mates can his hands back on the money bucket.

• Like 2

The last time a Red shirt Madman (Seh Daeng) was on the street, the sniper finish him off in one shot.

The last time the Yellow shirt Madman (Suthep) is asafe, as rumored in TV is that he is backed by the army and the elite.

Its a fact that the military have been running Thailand behind the scenes, or up front on many occasions, since they overrun the monarchy back around the 1930s. They have a very powerful hold over that, and many other Thailand businesses, ultimately they will side with the elites if pushed enough as this is the big part of there bread and butter.

Ahh Suthep, the next want to be Dictator... All you want is power and money, if you were a real revolutionary you would have slugged it out supporting the democrats in government, now we see thousands of people giving you money. Just hope that you are declaring this on your tax return. You have broke nearly every rule in the book. Broken promise after broken promise your worse then a red shirt, at least at this point they have showed considerable restraint in not reacting to what the anti-government protesters are doing to state property and making peoples lives hell.. Do the 4 million anti-government protesters in Bangkok represent the other 12 million voters throughout the country??? Yes very democratic indeed.

Cant see you obeying the rule of law anytime soon.wai2.gifbah.gifwai.gif

Suthep sincerely believes he can get away with this because he has tacit backing from the military. What needs to happen is for the army to show him they will stand by their sworn oath to uphold the freely elected Thai government. They need to arrest him and force him to face his outstanding charges.

Without any military backing this movement to remove democracy will dissipate. But that is not to say there doesn't need to be changes made. Any future governments need to be accountable, transparent and held to higher standards where corruption is punished. This will be a painfully slow journey in a country where the concept is acknowledged then ignored. But it is many times better than handing power to an unelected group who think they deserve it and promise not to abuse it, especially if they do actually have the army behind them. The chance that they will voluntarily cede power back to the people is virtually nil.

For the top brass in the army and many wealthy families it is do or die, they don't have an option, there people need to be in power as a matter of urgency (self preservation). If they dont get what they want quickly, they will be brown bread. People have long memories.

• Like 1

Lets move the capital from Bangkok to Chiang mai

or to a big city in Isaan.Then we can talk again about the so called people revolution.

Thailand needs many reforms.

1. Social justice

2. Better education for the poor

3. Strong labour unions

4. Less power and corruption from the undemocratic ruling elites in Bangkok.

Any many things more....

Tom

• Like 1

THe worst that can happen is that the Reds, deprived through judicial or military coup, of the government that they elected, after having had their aspirations repeatedly quashed in the last five years, , will descend on Bangkok.

This is not a country with strict enforcement of gun control laws.

And the military is not the unified state organ that we would like to imagine it is.

Clear enough?

OMG, LOS is headed back to the Stone Age. It's the US civil war all over again. But who are the slaves? Should i catch the next flight out of "so u wanna boom"? Where to, Africa? PI?Moscow?

Up to you where you go.

I would prefer a place where old fashinoned reason- and not childish visions of sugar plum fairies decides the hard questions. but-- up to you.

In that case, how much for an unpopulated island in Indonesia?

And another point, who makes up the majority of the military and what area do they come from?? ISAN and the the North, yes I can really see them going to town on their own red brothers! These are not stupid people we are talking about. Everyone should stop treating them as such.