what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 400,000 Thais graduate from University every year. Why don't you ask them? You probably don't like to talk to educated people do you? Thailand only needs about 200,000 college grads but will graduate twice that amount because some nut told Thailand they needed more education.

The way the country is formed, it is so farthest for them to even think they can become a millionaire. It is just not possible. Even if they are ready, willing, and able to work hard but there aren't supporting systems that allow them to live a dream like American dream.

It does not matter much how many students are graduating. The result is still the same: low quality and less qualify people enter the workforce.

Codswallop. One does not need an education to make a fortune in Thailand. Ask Bill Heinecke.

Or try reading

Thailand’s 6 coolest self-made millionaires.

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/play/thailands-6-coolest-self-made-millionaires-010934

Excuse me, the education is still matter. And how many people become millionaires without no education? Those people are rare and exceptional. I am talking about the regular folks. Education is the key for them to be out of poverty. My point is that the schooling system in Thailand needs to be improved. It needs to be focused on providing quality education not quantity of students graduating each year.

Education is meaningless. In Cambodia 1 in 10 college grads get a job. Plumbing is important. You want to pay the bills. Be a plumber. You want to be a millionaire? Stop drinking and hire ten plumbers and start a company. Education in Thailand is misplaced. Grads are graduated for jobs that aren't there.

Do you know how many cream puff college students at Chula have part time jobs? How many grads walk into an employment office at 22 looking for their first job? In Thailand a lot.

You want to improve education in Thailand? Fire half the teachers and 3/4ths of all the administrators and bring back bonded servitude in the construction and industrial sector.

Teach the kids a skill and find a way to keep them at the job till they learn. If you aren't smart enough to be a doctor or engineer drop out of school and be a plumber.

I agree with you on the point that there are many graduated students getting the job that does not require education. My brother as an example, he graduated from the university but working as a hotel's restaurant server in Phuket. The thing that does not make sense to me is why it requires to have a degree to get the server job?

I read this thread all the home from Samui yesterday. What an awesome video channel this would make on YouTube. If you had someone who could speak perfect Thai translate the questions for random Thais on the street and do subs on the video....OMG great entertainment. I do have one question and one question alone...

Why will Thai people bust their ass at the farm doing rice, rubber, or fruit with the family for a few hundred baht a day, but when asked to do an actual job for real money, they are extremely lazy? Between the taxis turning down fares or sleeping at the queues and not wanting a fare, sales people sleeping or hiding from cameras on Facebook, police not ever working, ever, or the people who want jobs, then turn down the offer because it wasn't enough money, or it was too much work? These same people will turn around and use every excuse why they don't have money and complain all the time that they never have money.

Oh guy, I really don't know what you mean.

Permanently I have 8-10 Thai colleagues and they are so diligent. It's never been lazy Thai colleague of me. If some-one got fired, this happened about "hanging in phone" or "under skilled" but never about laziness.

Sorry for you cause you don't know how they can work well like you or me. Many Thais are more diligent than western people cause they know exactly what does mean this : hard work.

I advise you the jobthai or jobbk to pick up new Thai colleagues.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR EVERY-ONE HERE !biggrin.png

Edited by Loles

I read this thread all the home from Samui yesterday. What an awesome video channel this would make on YouTube. If you had someone who could speak perfect Thai translate the questions for random Thais on the street and do subs on the video....OMG great entertainment. I do have one question and one question alone...

Why will Thai people bust their ass at the farm doing rice, rubber, or fruit with the family for a few hundred baht a day, but when asked to do an actual job for real money, they are extremely lazy? Between the taxis turning down fares or sleeping at the queues and not wanting a fare, sales people sleeping or hiding from cameras on Facebook, police not ever working, ever, or the people who want jobs, then turn down the offer because it wasn't enough money, or it was too much work? These same people will turn around and use every excuse why they don't have money and complain all the time that they never have money.

Permanently I have 8-10 Thai colleagues and they are so diligent. It's never been lazy Thai colleague of me. If some-one got fired, this happened about "hanging in phone" or "under skilled" but never about laziness.

Sorry for you cause you don't know how they can work well like you or me. Many Thais are more diligent than western people cause they know exactly what does mean this : hard work.

Nope they are lazy. The women are the worst, spend more time and effort working out how to not do something than actually doing it.

• Like 2

Nope they are lazy. The women are the worst, spend more time and effort working out how to not do something than actually doing it.

Thinking in stereotypes or making dockets don't help to understand each other (Western - Asian).

Every where on the world there are lazy and diligent people.

I have worked in four continents and the worse situation was found in Africa (from North to South is equally) but I can't say the African people is lazy cause I have seen many many black guys who have worked so hard and well.

My idea the key is the motivation. Off course I wouldn't jump to much also for 200-300 B per day.

What do you think?

Edited by Loles

Hey Miss ThaiBlether ... here is an easy one for you ... no controversy attached!

I have read somewhere that, in Thailand 'Brown Rice' is also identified as 'Prison Rice' ... is that true?

'Brown Rice' isn't a special style of rice, just your average 'White Rice' in it's natural form ... before the outer husk or Bran is removed.

I've asked my partner without success.

Don't worry your English, just reply and if I need clarification, or I not understand 100%, I'll tell you.

Have you been able to get an answer for me regarding these dogs?

Again, they were howling all through the night.

And, I thought I was Jack London for a few moments when it reach a crescendo.

So what do they say?

Speaking of dogs howling...whatever happened to that dog slaughterhouse problem in some other thread ?

Thinking in stereotypes or making dockets don't help to understand each other (Western - Asian).

I have worked in four continents and the worse situation was found in Africa (from North to South is equally) but I can't say the African people is lazy cause I have seen many many black guys who have worked so hard and well.

My idea the key is the motivation. Off course I wouldn't jump to much also for 200-300 B per day.

What do you think?

I would not get out of bed for 300b a day.

What do you think?

But would you stay in bed for 3000b a day?

COUGH ... rolleyes.gif

Hey Miss ThaiBlether ... here is an easy one for you ... no controversy attached!

I have read somewhere that, in Thailand 'Brown Rice' is also identified as 'Prison Rice' ... is that true?

'Brown Rice' isn't a special style of rice, just your average 'White Rice' in it's natural form ... before the outer husk or Bran is removed.

Don't worry your English, just reply and if I need clarification, or I not understand 100%, I'll tell you.

• Like 1

What do you think?

Yes indeedy.....with who but ?

What do you think?

Yes indeedy.....with who but ?

There must be a forum on ThaiVisa that you could ask for advice.smile.png

Why doesn't noise bother you? Loud distorted music, kids screaming, dogs barking, people talking loudly on mobile phones, whistles, those extremely loud PR pretties selling ford focus's in Robinsons, whistles, motorbikes without exhausts, whistles, cockerels at 4 a.m, whistles..

• Like 1

I want to ask... when will Thais put off their red/yellow/blue .... shirts and also when will they stop selling themselves as slaves to Suthep & Shin clan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Tim1980
  • Like 1

Why doesn't noise bother you? Loud distorted music, kids screaming, dogs barking, people talking loudly on mobile phones, whistles, those extremely loud PR pretties selling ford focus's in Robinsons, whistles, motorbikes without exhausts, whistles, cockerels at 4 a.m, whistles..

I love Laos too.

Answer to your question: because this is their style.

We have come here by our self and can't wait at all they will change for our good mood.

Which you mentioned disturb me so much day by day, and one day if I get fed up with these, just leave.

BUT these disturbing circumstances for me are much easier than high VAT, crazy bureaucracy, snow - ice - cold and strong wind, extremely high restaurant or fuel prices, and sour huh.png people.

And you are Buddy also here for some reason, and if you stay, this means .... you like TH also not only Laos smile.png .

COUGH ... rolleyes.gif

I'll answer for you: I've never heard of anything of that sort. My mother used to force me to eat brown rice due to my poor dietary habits (lack of fiber more than anything) so I don't think this is a common conception.

COUGH ... rolleyes.gif

I'll answer for you: I've never heard of anything of that sort. My mother used to force me to eat brown rice due to my poor dietary habits (lack of fiber more than anything) so I don't think this is a common conception.

You are Thai and this happened in Thailand?