what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

To keep it real, would you say the same with American, Australian British, French, or German people? There are certain sectors of population that are begged, lazy and on government cheese. Thank goodness, there is only a handful of them otherwise how the country can function properly if there are more of them? You know I can give you many good examples of hard working Thai people, but I don't want to bore you with them.

I think you made a very valid point, Somsrisonphimai.

Some people just listen to what they want to hear. Others really listen.

Thank you.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you say. The question was not directed at you and makes no sense unless you also think Thais riding around in song taus wai Wats. Do you think Thais wai Wats?

So, the proof that you're wrong "makes no sense" because it comes from another person? And yeah, they don't wai wats, that was a stupid mistake. What about the rest? Or am I still not allowed to have an opinion different to yours because I rarely contribute to this topic? How old are you, 12?

The only thing I was disagreeing with was riding around and wai Wats. My point was he didn't know much about Buddhism and Thai people. I'm not wrong about anything. The Buddha left his wife and children and Thais don't ride around and wai Wats. Both of those statements are true.

But you were insinuating he was bad for deserting his children right.

When in fact he was helping them.

I was not insinuating anything. I was saying a previous poster did not know enough to comment on Thai people. Thais don't wai Wats. That's what I said. I know you and Kandi are just itching to tell me how wrong I am. But I am not. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Both true statements. Assume what you will. I only made two correct comments. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Thank you very much......

Edited by thailiketoo

Whatever you say. The question was not directed at you and makes no sense unless you also think Thais riding around in song taus wai Wats. Do you think Thais wai Wats?

So, the proof that you're wrong "makes no sense" because it comes from another person? And yeah, they don't wai wats, that was a stupid mistake. What about the rest? Or am I still not allowed to have an opinion different to yours because I rarely contribute to this topic? How old are you, 12?

The only thing I was disagreeing with was riding around and wai Wats. My point was he didn't know much about Buddhism and Thai people. I'm not wrong about anything. The Buddha left his wife and children and Thais don't ride around and wai Wats. Both of those statements are true.

I was insinuating anything. I was saying a previous poster did not know enough to comment on Thai people. Thais don't wai Wats. That's what I said. I know you and Kandi are just itching to tell me how wrong I am. But I am not. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Both true statements. Assume what you will. I only made two correct comments. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Thank you very much......

Just wondering, how many times do you still want to repeat the wat mistake? Does it make you feel proud that you found a small mistake so that you have to repeat it day after day? Thais don't wai wats, but that doesn't really make a difference since it doesn't really matter if they wai to wars, to shrines or to something else. It just shows how important Buddhism is to many people. But yeah, apparently I have "not enough knowledge about Thailand" because I see things from a different side.

I was insinuating anything. I was saying a previous poster did not know enough to comment on Thai people. Thais don't wai Wats. That's what I said. I know you and Kandi are just itching to tell me how wrong I am. But I am not. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Both true statements. Assume what you will. I only made two correct comments. Thais don't ride around and wai Wats and the Buddha left his wife and child. Thank you very much......

Just wondering, how many times do you still want to repeat the wat mistake? Does it make you feel proud that you found a small mistake so that you have to repeat it day after day? Thais don't wai wats, but that doesn't really make a difference since it doesn't really matter if they wai to wars, to shrines or to something else. It just shows how important Buddhism is to many people. But yeah, apparently I have "not enough knowledge about Thailand" because I see things from a different side.

Please get someone to help you post (quotes messed up). Do you normally attack people for things they don't say? You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Thai people don't wai Wats and Buddha left his wife and child. I said it. Both things are correct. I realize you can't find any error in my post and this drives you up a wall but so be it.

Please get someone to help you post (quotes messed up). Do you normally attack people for things they don't say? You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Thai people don't wai Wats and Buddha left his wife and child. I said it. Both things are correct. I realize you can't find any error in my post and this drives you up a wall but so be it.

You must have some serious problems, dude. Nothing "drives me up the wall", after you have mentioned it the first time I realized my mistake and shut up about it, but you still keep confronting me with that. It still doesn't change the fact that I see many so called Buddhists who do things no real Buddhist would agree with. And I still have no clue what you're talking about Buddhas wife, I've never mentioned anything like that at all.

I have not replied because some people are talking about sex.

You haven't replied cause you have no idea what you would reply.

You only made a show business here with your naked (BUT WHITE) back wub.pngwub.pngwub.png and this topic is over your level.

Something like this Baby, hello kitty w00t.gif is your level.

the teachers are trained badly

governments have not educated the people well. They must train teachers more.

I have not replied because some people are talking about sex.

You haven't replied cause you have no idea what you would reply.

You only made a show business here with your naked (BUT WHITE) back wub.pngwub.pngwub.png and this topic is over your level.

Something like this Baby, hello kitty w00t.gif is your level.

the teachers are trained badly

governments have not educated the people well. They must train teachers more.

Who trained the government?

and Thais don't ride around and wai Wats.

I can't be bothered to read all the drivel in this thread....

But I can tell you that my Thai ex-wife and family most certainly do wai Wats smile.png

Thais wai roadside shrines. Most of those are not Buddhist. If you don't know much about Thailand you would not know that. If a Thai is driving in a car or on public transportation past a Wat they do not wai.

Don't feel bad but please fix your quotes if you expect me to respond.

I want to know why they like western BS so much.

Eg why do they want to pay too much for bad food with a stupic clown outside the shop etc etc.

They don't like it that much and all they ever order there is fried chicken.

More and more Thais go to fast food chains as it's fashionable and cool to embrace a Western type of lifestyle.

That would also be a question I'd like to ask them- "why do they think a western lifestyle is cool?"

It's a terrible system- exploitative, destructive and just plain bad. Before anyone asks, I prefer to live in Thailand than a western country, but it's sadly becoming as bad as the west.

Thank you.

This was one of my tasks, last year, I have already tried to ask, this. And to be more objective: I didnt have to ask. When living with the same people for awhile you don't have to ask. You feel how they think.

My conlusion is people who live in the village and the people who live in the city tend to form similar opinions about Farang.

Being ?

Both think the same about judging someone(farang). When they feel someone has a good heart they will respect this.

How, in ur opinion, do they perceive "a good heart" ?

In my Thai family's opinion, the goodness of my heart is in direct proportion to the amount of money I give them.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad but please fix your quotes if you expect me to respond.

To be honest, I really couldn't care less about your opinion. Maybe that would change if you learned how to argue like somebody whose mental age is above 12. By the way: You forgot to point out the wat mistake. Maybe you should edit your post. Or even better: Get back to the topic.

I want to know why they like western BS so much.

Eg why do they want to pay too much for bad food with a stupic clown outside the shop etc etc.

They don't like it that much and all they ever order there is fried chicken.

More and more Thais go to fast food chains as it's fashionable and cool to embrace a Western type of lifestyle.

That would also be a question I'd like to ask them- "why do they think a western lifestyle is cool?"

It's a terrible system- exploitative, destructive and just plain bad. Before anyone asks, I prefer to live in Thailand than a western country, but it's sadly becoming as bad as the west.

The grass is always greener on the other side - they freely interpret their own biased view of a Western world they never will see. It's human nature to assume things are better elsewhere.

The same applies the other way around: how many people in the West have I heard praise Buddhism and its people's "values", but don't have a clue about actual Asian sociology?

I would like to make it clear how I feel about equating a countries dominant religion with bad acts like torturing dogs. Because a country is Christian and certain bad football players sponsor dog fighting has nothing to do with the religion or in fact dominant feelings and actions of most of the citizens. That one country was Christian and started two world wars that killed 80 million people should not reflect badly on Christianity. One simply can't equate the two.

That Thailand is Buddhist has nothing to do with certain good and bad acts committed by citizens. Holding up Buddhism as the whipping boy for Thai bad acts is wrong and the same as holding up any religion as responsible for death and destruction.

Guns don't kill people and neither does religion. People kill people. The fact that Thailand is Buddhist has little to do with anything that happens good or bad in Thailand. At least not any more so than Christianity has to do with anything in Western countries.

• Like 1

To keep it real, would you say the same with American, Australian British, French, or German people? There are certain sectors of population that are begged, lazy and on government cheese. Thank goodness, there is only a handful of them otherwise how the country can function properly if there are more of them? You know I can give you many good examples of hard working Thai people, but I don't want to bore you with them.

I think you made a very valid point, Somsrisonphimai.

Some people just listen to what they want to hear. Others really listen.

Thank you.thumbsup.gif

Thank you, I will be the first person to say there are Thai people who are lazy, who want to work less but earn a lot, and who are a leech of their family, country and society, but I found myself defending Thai people when I saw those type of questions that can also be applied to other nationalities.

You know I have not seen much of the questions about what do Thai people think of the future of Thailand, the election system, the voting system, the government system, the schooling/teaching system, the wealth disparity, the salary gap between the management personnel and the workers, and employment discrimination. I really would like OP to ask Thai people across the board from the little guys to the big guys those questions—would the answers be the same or different between them?

How do so many people whose only obsession is money manage to remain poor all there lives?

If money was my only reason for living I would be a millionaire.

Because they cannot get rich earning 200 baht a day and have 2 children to feed.

This wasn't meant literally. It was an appreciation of Thai people's unwillingness to challenge things as they are, as well as their inability to consider things in the long term.This constitutes such a handicap for them that it even prevents them from achieving what they seem to desire the most, which is wealth accumulation.

How do so many people whose only obsession is money manage to remain poor all there lives?

Because they cannot get rich earning 200 baht a day and have 2 children to feed.

This wasn't meant literally. It was an appreciation of Thai people's unwillingness to challenge things as they are, as well as their inability to consider things in the long term.This constitutes such a handicap for them that it even prevents them from achieving what they seem to desire the most, which is wealth accumulation.

About 400,000 Thais graduate from University every year. Why don't you ask them? You probably don't like to talk to educated people do you? Thailand only needs about 200,000 college grads but will graduate twice that amount because some nut told Thailand they needed more education.

About 400,000 Thais graduate from University every year. Why don't you ask them? You probably don't like to talk to educated people do you? Thailand only needs about 200,000 college grads but will graduate twice that amount because some nut told Thailand they needed more education.

The way the country is formed, it is so farthest for them to even think they can become a millionaire. It is just not possible. Even if they are ready, willing, and able to work hard but there aren't supporting systems that allow them to live a dream like American dream.

It does not matter much how many students are graduating. The result is still the same: low quality and less qualify people enter the workforce.

Edited by Somsrisonphimai

The way the country is formed, it is so farthest for them to even think they can become a millionaire. It is just not possible. Even if they are ready, willing, and able to work hard but there aren't supporting systems that allow them to live a dream like American dream.

It does not matter much how many students are graduating. The result is still the same: low quality and less qualify people enter the workforce.

Codswallop. One does not need an education to make a fortune in Thailand. Ask Bill Heinecke.

Or try reading

Thailand’s 6 coolest self-made millionaires.

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/play/thailands-6-coolest-self-made-millionaires-010934

Edited by thailiketoo

"You probably don't like to talk to educated people do you?"

Educated people such as yourself, I presume? Well here we are, talking.

"About 400,000 Thais graduate from University every year. Why don't you ask them?"

I have indeed discussed this issue with Thai graduates and their approach to it isn't tremendously different from non-graduates, as this is a deeply-imbedded Thai sociological trend, and no school curriculum here teaches them to challenge things or develop personal ideas - it's just a matter of learning off by heart.

"Thailand only needs about 200,000 college grads but will graduate twice that amount because some nut told Thailand they needed more education."

What they need is better education from primary to university. Labour experts agree there is a terrible lack of quality graduates in the country, and that it's incredibly hard for employers to find people with problem-solving skills and good working habits, often leaving positions vacant.

Thailand ranks low in SE Asia in this respect. Too many institutions distribute degrees at a fee but don't actually teach any real skills.

Codswallop. One does not need an education to make a fortune in Thailand. Ask Bill Heinecke.

Or try reading

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/play/thailands-6-coolest-self-made-millionaires-010934

Excuse me, the education is still matter. And how many people become millionaires without no education? Those people are rare and exceptional. I am talking about the regular folks. Education is the key for them to be out of poverty. My point is that the schooling system in Thailand needs to be improved. It needs to be focused on providing quality education not quantity of students graduating each year.

Excuse me, the education is still matter. And how many people become millionaires without no education? Those people are rare and exceptional. I am talking about the regular folks. Education is the key for them to be out of poverty. My point is that the schooling system in Thailand needs to be improved. It needs to be focused on providing quality education not quantity of students graduating each year.

I believe every person who pays their fees, will pass their course.

That's how education in Thailand usually works.

• Like 1

I believe every person who pays their fees, will pass their course.

That's how education in Thailand usually works.

Totally agreed!

Or try reading

Education is meaningless. In Cambodia 1 in 10 college grads get a job. Plumbing is important. You want to pay the bills. Be a plumber. You want to be a millionaire? Stop drinking and hire ten plumbers and start a company. Education in Thailand is misplaced. Grads are graduated for jobs that aren't there.

Do you know how many cream puff college students at Chula have part time jobs? How many grads walk into an employment office at 22 looking for their first job? In Thailand a lot.

You want to improve education in Thailand? Fire half the teachers and 3/4ths of all the administrators and bring back bonded servitude in the construction and industrial sector.

Teach the kids a skill and find a way to keep them at the job till they learn. If you aren't smart enough to be a doctor or engineer drop out of school and be a plumber.

• Like 1