Now I understand the Russian Ignorance

Gone

Vdim, nothing to be ashamed off. I know many very nice Russians. Every nationality has it's share of <deleted> !

Western countries are no exceptions ! I am very glad to see your participation in this absurd thread. I hope to

see you in many more discussions here. Pattaya is for for all peace and respect loving people ...

luudee

Yes!

I have almost no friends in Pattaya, who are foreigners. But I have few. Two of my closest friends in Pattaya are Russians, both are here for training kickboxing. They are some of the coolest guys I ever ever met.

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost count of how many evening venues have been ruined by wannabe Bob Dylans, Elvis's or the like.Turning up acting like rockstars, and expecting us to be thankful when they are craving for attention.

It normally results in my group of friends and others, simply upping and leaving to a more suitable enviroment.

Shame really as we are generally good spenders, and tip well for good service.

As for the stereotypical Russian bashing, sick.gif like all nationalities takes all types.

That was the exact point of playing a Dylan song and it worked hahahhahahahahhahah.

As i see it ,Pattaya has become the "Benidorm" that the Poorer British holiday maker used to go to on a Thompson" all in holiday years ago, for the Russians ,so you tend to get the lager lout brigade with little money and even less manners ,but having had a buisness many many years exporting to a communist state ,i found ,to my downfall that they were ignorant lying cheating bastards to a man that we had to deal with. and honestly that was their good side ,i could really tell you stories about their bad side.sad.png

And that was their "good" side? Sounds like "love" to me! thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Jingthing, Valgehir, Ludee

Thanks for kind words, but the issue is more complicated than misbehaving khi nok. To make it short: There are quite a few decent Russians out there, but if you look at mean expectation, you'll see a Pattaya slob. Only in 20th century there has been 5 or 6 waves of major genofond cleansing, when the best of a kind were killed or forced to leave (civil war, communist terror, WWII, etc.), and three generations of reverse selection [survival of least fit] under communist rule made things even worse. As the result Russians are pretty much dead as a nation — there is no positive potential, no guts, no balls, nothing. Thais on the other hand are pretty much alive (they are proving it right now on the streets of Krunthep), and this is one of the main reasons why I love this place.

Edited by vadimbz

Just don't know why these Russians don't have to have work permit's either!!............I been coming to Pattaya now for 17 years and cant wait for them all to leave for good.

Not going to happen - everyone else is going to leave and let them finish settling their little space where everyone including Thais will speak Russian - until they find another cheap hotspot somewhere else in the (third) world.

Good thing about them though is they aren't the adventurous type - you won't find any beyond a 10 km perimeter outside of town. Same for Phuket, the farthest they ever go is Phuket town market.

Plenty of great, unspoilt places of all types in Thailand so no worries.

They are the worst things to happen to Thailand. They have invaded my condo building as renters and I can not sleep until they stop making noise all night and wake up when they start again in the morning. They control my sleep patterns so much I want to move out of the condo I own and rent. The other day I was driving my motorbike to Watchai market in Pattaya to get a few items for the monks and got to temple. I had my 9 month pregnant wife on the back. A car pulled out without looking and almost caused us to crash into a parked car while making a evasive move away from the reckless car. Then the car started to tailgate me down the 2nd road. I had enough and stopped my bike and yelled back what is their problem. A bull dyke Russian lady gets out and yells what my problem is. I told her her pulled out without yielding and and if I was not a good motorbike driver I would have crashed her reply was, "DID I HIT YOU?". I told her that is not the problem her reckless driving almost caused a crash and caused my wife a miscarriage. Again she yelled, "DID I HIT YOU?". If my wife was not there I would have decked the bitch. I have never hit a lady but she was no lady and her disrespect for driving safety and the usual F-everyone but me attitude I really wanted to. When I got to the temple the monk asked me why I looked so angry I asked him if he had a prayer to get all the Russians out of Thailand, He got a good laugh

• Like 1

Thanks for kind words, but the issue is more complicated than misbehaving khi nok. To make it short: There are quite a few decent Russians out there, but if you look at mean expectation, you'll see a Pattaya slob. Only in 20th century there has been 5 or 6 waves of major genofond cleansing, when the best of a kind were killed or forced to leave (civil war, communist terror, WWII, etc.), and three generations of reverse selection [survival of least fit] under communist rule made things even worse. As the result Russians are pretty much dead as a nation — there is no positive potential, no guts, no balls, nothing. Thais on the other hand are pretty much alive (they are proving it right now on the streets of Krunthep), and this is one of the main reasons why I love this place.

Understood.

From 1917 to 1922 Lenin wiped out all the aristocrats, educated people, business elite.

Then Stalin took over, in 30s and 40s he managed to kill or send to labour camps, the GULAG almost all middle and upper class Russian intelligentsia.

Russia today would very likely be on par with France and UK, if not for these mass murderers, ruling your country for decades.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Someone asked for specifics not general bashing so I will share another experience.. I possibly am enjoying this thread way toooooo much as it is therapy for me.

If you have pre paid a month at a hotel with 80 percent russian guests, and later live in a condo with 60 percent russians, you need therapy !!!!

Trying to be light hearted about this. Dont let the b*gg*rs get you down.

I goes into the gym at my condo complex one afternoon. It is like an oven. The air con is off. There are literally puddles of sweat (from a russian guy) on the floor, on the running machines and benches. No exageration ... honest.

It also stinks of sweat. I put the air con on. Russian man turns off. I switch it on. He puts it off.

I point out it is the tropics etc. He understands but "no like air".

Furthermore he has no top (against the rules as stated in russian, thai and english on the entrance door). I point this out and his lack of shoes also against the rules. I point out the sign. Rules dont apply to him it seemed..

I give up and we go back to playing the air con on/off fun game.

I was shaking with rage and he was looking so arrogant. He was a young man ... about 30 and I am a old git. So I tried diplomacy being a coward.

Eventually we shock hands and I left him to it. I honestly dont think any other nationality are so bad mannered. I was a merchant navy radio operator and russians have been a pain to me all of my working life. Thats another story.

By the way he was a 2 holiday renter and I am a permanet resident. I partly lied that I paid for the equipment and aircon and he as a 2 week temporary guest using our gym I should have a say. Not sure ifnhe understood all I was saying but he seemed to understand.

I know what the Police do to fighting falang. They not interested who said or did what to whom. 100,000 baht br*be ... I mean fine to get out. Mind you they would have to get from the hospital (joke).

My policy now ? Keep away from them. I wont go overboard and tell of some of my other fun experiences. Moan moan groan groan not good.

I love it here. If asked If I will ever go home ... I always reply that if I do leave it will because of the ruskies.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Excuse my typing errors. Not got a full keyboard. I meant shook hands not shock hands etc. Also the joke meant to read ..they would have to collect ME from hospital to go to police cell. I get kicked off the site during my long winded posts and have to rush !!!!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sam Gold is right, as long as you stay away from the main tourist traps, you will not see many Russians. And even if you do, you won't recognise them, as those who get this far usually look and behave like normal human beings. I've spent quite a lot of time in Chiangmai, Khonkaen, and Udon Thani — not a single "slob moment" whatsoever.

• Like 1

Pawneese, here's my therapy for you. We are the failed nation, and failed state. Chances are that you will see the rivers of Russian blood within your lifetime. Think about that next time stuff like that happens.

Edited by vadimbz
  • Like 1

90% Russians in my condo , not sure what to do but will move out soon , they never greet me , they drink and talk loud every night , they are not polite to the Thai staff working here, and they smell bad,

• Like 1

Walked into a Medieval Bar in Prague with the GF a few weeks ago and the place which was usually very full,with happy smiling staff was empty,with downtrodden,unhappy looking staff,

we got in anyway to discover pretty much the same as the OP,

A BIG group of well pished Russian lads,there was a show scheduled for 9pm and they were harassing the people setting up,screaming,hitting the drums that were near them,like a big group of angry noisy spud headed splotch faced drunken children,

as I shook my head at the GF and walked out I was regaled with "DAVAI SUKA,DAVAI SUKA",had to keep my temper,they weren't worth doing time in the Czech Republic for,but I DID think strongly about whipping a chain mace and a flail off the wall and chastising them a bit,and it's quite hard to get my goat lately,but they did.

So it's not just in Thailand,but its not just Russian lads in fairness,its young lads and strong drink full stop.

Are u russian? You understood what they were saying while i had to google the 2 words davai suka which means move off bitch.

Thing is between most cultures the problem is a common language. Had the English guys spoken passable Russian it would not have happened. Had the Russians spoken good English it would have been better. Because both countries are to stuborn to learn their arch rivals language i propose to let Dutch be the new world language. cheesy.gif

But seriously language is often the problem, i have gotten much more comfortable with Thais after speaking enough to make a bit of conversation. The moment you can communicate things always improve. Unless of course you got drunken idiots and all countries have those. I am sure back home you had a group of idiots you hated too.. guess what.. they travel too and represent you guys.

I agree except that as a Brit I can speak fluent German and still consider Dutch as a disease of the throat.

Hope that's not a finger in the breach of the Mod Gods lol.

Someone asked for specifics not general bashing so I will share another experience.. I possibly am enjoying this thread way toooooo much as it is therapy for me. If you have pre paid a month at a hotel with 80 percent russian guests, and later live in a condo with 60 percent russians, you need therapy !!!! Trying to be light hearted about this. Dont let the b*gg*rs get you down. I goes into the gym at my condo complex one afternoon. It is like an oven. The air con is off. There are literally puddles of sweat (from a russian guy) on the floor, on the running machines and benches. No exageration ... honest. It also stinks of sweat. I put the air con on. Russian man turns off. I switch it on. He puts it off. I point out it is the tropics etc. He understands but "no like air". Furthermore he has no top (against the rules as stated in russian, thai and english on the entrance door). I point this out and his lack of shoes also against the rules. I point out the sign. Rules dont apply to him it seemed.. I give up and we go back to playing the air con on/off fun game. I was shaking with rage and he was looking so arrogant. He was a young man ... about 30 and I am a old git. So I tried diplomacy being a coward. Eventually we shock hands and I left him to it. I honestly dont think any other nationality are so bad mannered. I was a merchant navy radio operator and russians have been a pain to me all of my working life. Thats another story. By the way he was a 2 holiday renter and I am a permanet resident. I partly lied that I paid for the equipment and aircon and he as a 2 week temporary guest using our gym I should have a say. Not sure ifnhe understood all I was saying but he seemed to understand. I know what the Police do to fighting falang. They not interested who said or did what to whom. 100,000 baht br*be ... I mean fine to get out. Mind you they would have to get from the hospital (joke). My policy now ? Keep away from them. I wont go overboard and tell of some of my other fun experiences. Moan moan groan groan not good. I love it here. If asked If I will ever go home ... I always reply that if I do leave it will because of the ruskies. Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ah, got the T-shirt. Just go back an hour later.

I have been coming for over 10 years to pattaya and this is the first time I stay for three months. A friend booked a condo for me in jomtien. I have not experienced the depth of the Russian problem until I stayed in the condo. Even simple elevator etiquette they come charging into elevator talking extremely loud and squish anyone else in elevator. The pool they get up early and mark there territory taking all of the free chairs very early even if they are not using them. I went out and purchased my own lounge chair to avoid this. The bus everyone knows bad behavior. The restaurants even the high end restaurants they talk so loud it disrupts everyone's meals. I did not notice this as much before as I have always stayed in high end gay resorts. So the solution to enjoy pattaya is to stay in high end gay resorts to get away from Russians.

You haven't run in to to many Brits in Pattaya, have you ? They are not very much different ...

Try to take your kids for breakfast at 8 am anywhere downtown Pattaya, and you get the

bold guys sitting with their beers and screaming profanities ....

I have NEVER seen Brits act like that. Maybe you should take your children elsewhere rather then Down town Pattaya? I have had breakfast and have never seen these "Brits" screaming profanities at 8:00 am.

Gone, You just haven't gone to the right places but arlissmichaels is also right. Children don't need to be there.

I have been coming for over 10 years to pattaya and this is the first time I stay for three months. A friend booked a condo for me in jomtien. I have not experienced the depth of the Russian problem until I stayed in the condo. Even simple elevator etiquette they come charging into elevator talking extremely loud and squish anyone else in elevator. The pool they get up early and mark there territory taking all of the free chairs very early even if they are not using them. I went out and purchased my own lounge chair to avoid this. The bus everyone knows bad behavior. The restaurants even the high end restaurants they talk so loud it disrupts everyone's meals. I did not notice this as much before as I have always stayed in high end gay resorts. So the solution to enjoy pattaya is to stay in high end gay resorts to get away from Russians.

That sounds fabulous, fabulous. Glad for you can afford those high end resorts!

Excuse my typing errors. Not got a full keyboard. I meant shook hands not shock hands etc. Also the joke meant to read ..they would have to collect ME from hospital to go to police cell. I get kicked off the site during my long winded posts and have to rush !!!! Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did the ThaiVisa app crash, while you were typing?

The app crashes every single time if you type a post that is longer than 4-5 lines. Better use browser if typing long reply, or post.

Loved aircon game you guys playd in gym!

:)

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sam Gold is right, as long as you stay away from the main tourist traps, you will not see many Russians. And even if you do, you won't recognise them, as those who get this far usually look and behave like normal human beings. I've spent quite a lot of time in Chiangmai, Khonkaen, and Udon Thani — not a single "slob moment" whatsoever.

Add Bangkok to that list. Russians you encounter in Bangkok are very nice people.

90% Russians in my condo , not sure what to do but will move out soon , they never greet me , they drink and talk loud every night , they are not polite to the Thai staff working here, and they smell bad,

I had Russian neighbors living in the condo across from mine. I am happy they are gone now. Otherwise I would have moved myself.sad.png

• Like 1

Vadim,

interesting statement.

Do you think the new generation (the kids) even of the most ignorant Russian will be like

their parents or will they look around and try to integrate and mingle better ?

luudee

Thank god for Sukhumvit Road - people in Pattaya and Jomtien, please pretend that it is the "Berlin Wall", the "Rio Grande", the Panmunjom border, a line in the sand. And stay over your side of it. Over here on the darkside, the Russians are nice and civilised. A much better class of folk. My Russian neighbours in my mooban are polite and pleasant.

And my name is Wit, and you should not take me seriously.

Vadim,

interesting statement.

Do you think the new generation (the kids) even of the most ignorant Russian will be like

their parents or will they look around and try to integrate and mingle better ?

luudee

I think new generation will be even uglier — the public school system, inherited from USSR, is being destroyed as we speak. Both natural and humanitarian sciences are being slashed to almost zero in favor of religious biggotry, and imperial rabble (they call it patriotism). You can figure out yourself what the product of this system will look like.

• Like 1

I think new generation will be even uglier — the public school system, inherited from USSR, is being destroyed as we speak. Both natural and humanitarian sciences are being slashed to almost zero in favor of religious biggotry, and imperial rabble (they call it patriotism). You can figure out yourself what the product of this system will look like.

Maybe not.

The school system maybe worse than it was in Soviet times, but there are few important factors, that make a differnce: Russians are now free to travel abroad, as opposed to Soviet times, when USSR was basically a very large prison, only very few were allowed to travel, especially to the West.

And internet. Young Russians are nowhere as backward as their parents, and grandparents, thanks to free flow of information.

Since 1917 Russia has been a totalitarian regime. Early 90s that changed. President Jeltsin changed the country, Russia became a democracy for the first time, since the country existed.

Sadly that changed in mid 2000s. Current ruler is determined to put an end to democracy, and by now he has succeeded. Russia in 2013 is a totalirarian country.

But young people know what is goung in. There is huge opposition to Putin. But as in Soviet years there was the KGB, having a firm grip on the country, now these same power structures keep the masses under control, only the 3 letter name has changed.

Even 5 years ago, in St Petersburg gay clubs were operating openly, they were the coolest places, and straight young people visited them, homophobia among people under 25 was dissappearing at very fast rate.

But that was 5 years ago, before State backed hate organizations begun to grow, and terrify people.

Ruler needs an enemy within, to channel peoples anger into sonething other than questioning the legitimacy of the regime. Peoples anger is caused by huge unemployment, low wages, crumbling infrastucure, losing faith that they will one day have a better life.

All mass media is State owned, every day Russians are told immigrants, minority groups, the Western values are to blame for current sad conditions average Russians live.

Still, I think next generation will be much nicer, better educated.

I see no reason for your optimism, but I don't really care.

Just one thing: you shouldn't really blame the "ruler", a nation only gets a government it wants, and deserves, so Vlad the Impaler is nothing more than a symptom of the above — this nation is dead.

I see no reason for your optimism, but I don't really care.

Just one thing: you shouldn't really blame the "ruler", a nation only gets a government it wants, and deserves

You say a nation deserves the government they have.

Sometimes it is true. When in year 2000 Americans elected W to be the President, we can say people who voted for him were low information voters, and they deserved who they voted for. But the 2000 elections are not a good example, the presidency was handed to W by conservative Supreme Court.

But Americans voted him back in the office in 2004, when it was clear that man was not fit to run the country, it was very obvious to anybody, who payed even a slightest bit of attention. So yes, Americans deserved their goverment, and all the endless wars, human rights violations, and very close to sliding into Depression, possibly worse than the Great Depression of 30s.

But it is not always like that. What options did Russians have under Stalins dictatorship? What could have they done? Stalin murdered millions, wiped out many nationalities. Russians lived under terror. They didn't deserve that. But there was nothing they could have done. Only Stalins death in 1953 ended the terror.

Now take Russia in 2013. What could they do? There are no independent media outlets left in the country. Any opposition is dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I dont agree Russians deserve their goverment.