Now I understand the Russian Ignorance

Gone

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want to know what Russians could have done about their government?

(If they wanted to, and they don't)

Are you in Bangkok?

Go outside, and have look.

Do it again next Monday, if you don't get the idea.

Not same thing at all. In Thailand military rules the country. What is going on on the streets in bkk now, is personal power struggle between 2 persons. It has nothing to with ordinary Thais. Ordinary citizen in this country has no say in anything.

In another post you sayd Russia as a nation is dead. How can you say that? There are millions of Russians who are not happy at all with what is going on. The nation is not dead. It is under iron fist.

I find it little bit troubling that you write off your own country, and fellow Russians.

You say, I should go out again next Mon, if I dont get the idea. And I get a feeling, that you think im clueless, and that you are talking down at me. Why?

Edited by valgehiir

No, I am not talking down to you. I mean that there's an uneasy truce between sides at the moment, and if you go there right now, you won't see my point.

[Not talking down]

Again, IMO it's more complicated. You can't deny the fact that city folks, as well as folks from south genuinely hate Shins and their government, and want them out, that's why they are on the streets. Yeah, dems are manipulating, and using them to provoke the coup, but that's not the point — Thais want to do something about "thaksinocracy", and they do it. All Russians do is praising their supreme leader.

And Thai military is not as powerful as it used to be, given the number of reds among the low-ranks, otherwise we would have seen a coup by this point. Again, IMO this is a conflict between pressure groups with Thai people (rural and urban) acting as active participants, and ultimately a clash between the city and the countryside. Complicated =)

Anyway, if 1st person is Thaksin, who is the second one? Suthep? Abhisit?

Edited by vadimbz
  • Like 1

I typed up a long reply, naivly using TV Android mobile app. It crashed as usual, just about when I was to click post button. Its 5am, dont have the energy to type it all again, using a mobile. Should have used a browser, I know.. But I keep forgetting that.. Good night!

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I typed up a long reply, naivly using TV Android mobile app. It crashed as usual, just about when I was to click post button. Its 5am, dont have the energy to type it all again, using a mobile. Should have used a browser, I know.. But I keep forgetting that.. Good night! Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Off topic, but been there and I know all about it.

Have a good NY Eve

• Like 1

I do not know.....I think that most Russians have the right to be arrogant since they are coming here loaded with monies unlike most of the poorer Caucasians in Pattaya who are living off their pensions, social security cheques or dole payouts.

And where are these Russians loaded with money? most i see eating in tesco and downstairs in central ,they are low class tourists on package holidays all included ,with very little money to spend (except on cheap clothes in tesco) its not arrogance they have but ignorance.

I do not know.....I think that most Russians have the right to be arrogant since they are coming here loaded with monies unlike most of the poorer Caucasians in Pattaya who are living off their pensions, social security cheques or dole payouts.

And where are these Russians loaded with money? most i see eating in tesco and downstairs in central ,they are low class tourists on package holidays all included ,with very little money to spend (except on cheap clothes in tesco) its not arrogance they have but ignorance.

The majority of the higher end hotel rooms in Pattaya are used by Russians. You seriously didn't know that? Funny.

I just spent 3 nights in a Jomtien resort packed with Russian and other Eastern European families. Delightful people, in general very polite, and very devoted to their kids. None of them seemed to sweat paying the $150-500 per night and another $20-50 for dinner and wine.

Edited by impulse

Most of the Russians here are not loaded up with money.

Sure there are rich Russian's here, but most of them you meet on a ordinary day buying the cheap shit from the markets, doing window shopping and staying a whole family in one room can't be considered rich at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Russian bashing seems to be the new sport on this forum. As far as I see they are pretty much tourists. They come with their families and the Thais generally get more out them than any other group because they can't speak English very well if at all which seems to be more often the case. Their women are beautiful and much more so than most of the Thai women walking about here.

They tour get sun drink beer and get drunk and bring familes and kids along unlike us lot who come here for the mongering whats the problem with them they just seem happy and of course their will be mad loonatic ones just like there are mad Germans and Americans and French nutters topping themselves over a girl.

Vivla Russia!! Leave them alone they are fine.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

They tour get sun drink beer and get drunk and bring familes and kids along unlike us lot who come here for the mongering whats the problem with them they just seem happy

Russian tourists who I see in Pattaya, look anything but happy.

They are not unhappy, they are simply maintaining so called "Russian face" (as if they are not sure whether they want to cry, or to call names). By that face you can recognise Russkies in any country of the world, it's not just Thailand. It's not a big deal, in mother Russia a person who is smiling on the street, or expressing any kind of emotion whatsoever, is considered a murderous lunatic. If you don't maintain "Russian face" in Russia, you can get beaten by either Police or some wandering slobs, so it's sort of evolutionary.

Getting rid of the Russian face was the hardest part of my adaptation here in LoS J

Edited by vadimbz
  • Like 2

Valgehiir and Vadimbz, both of you have very good points, probably because of a slightly different perspective, one Rus, one Est. Nice to see comments that are based on some fact, not just what someone happens to see on the beach or 7/11.

• Like 1