Police battle protesters at Thai-Japanese Stadium

webfact

From now on, one warning should be sufficient. Waste of resources pandering to these thugs. One warning and if they don't withdraw, Tear gas, water cannon and the dogs. Need to send an unambiguous message

I'm sure you can give them some swastikas

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But Suthep's thugs are already wearing them.

As an aside, this shooting of a policeman would be the second time that these "students" have used weapons to kill or wound to further the Dear Leader's cause, but then Suthep is well known for ordering the gunning down of unarmed people.

I think I'll wait for a real judge and jury to deal with Suthep rather than you and your fascist kangaroo court.

The police have already maimed one of the protesters with their rubber bullets so let's see what happens there too because we must have justice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I admire your sentiments about "a real judge and jury to deal with Suthep", only problem is he won't play ball and says he is far too busy to bother with answering such trivialities as charges of murder and insurrection!

I'm sorry about your second point, but if you insist on throwing bottles and rocks at riot police you should be thankful that it was only a "rubber" bullet up your backside! Love it when these rioting thugs intent on smashing their way into buildings and, no doubt, beating up the people inside get a taste of their own medicine.

Edited by catmac

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Riot police battling students protesting AGAINST free and fair elections. Amazing Thailand indeed! The laughing stock of the world.

Not sure I would go that far. What is fair about buying votes in Isaan for a few hundred baht? I think if you were a hard working educated universitiy student and you saw a wealthy fugitive putting his sister in charge and running your future with 200 baht vote buying you would likely be a bit pissed off at the political process too!

The vote buying is a red herring and always has been. Every elected government in the world has bought its votes. In the west they do it through social spending or tax breaks, depending on whose vote they're buying.

• Like 1

Time to stop the BS!!

Supporters of Suthep still want to convince us, that this is the middleclass in a peaceful demonstration??

More like a ultra-national "rent-a-mob"

More sad than the Thais behaving like idiots, is that you got posters here applauding the fascist "sturmers"bah.gif

I often wondered how Hitler could get away with it, and now I see a repeat before my very eyes!!

its actually Taksin and his cronies who are more like Hitler and if you were not so blind you would clearly see Taksin's uses of his red thugs is exactly like Hitler's use of brown shirts and Red Shirt villages are very similar to Pol Pot's political education camps only those being politically educated red shirt and Taksin way live there. I should know I live n a red shirt village.

All this would go away and proper elections could be held if Taksin his puppet sister and clan simply stepped away and let Thailand move forward.

whatever you think this is not going to end until Takisn either wins total control and turns Thailand into his own one party state or he is finally defeated. I would choose Suphet any day over Taksin as would a large number of people. Taksin may be able to get again by money, bullying and other means a majority but until he goes their will be no peace.

And please don't give me this free and fair election crap. If yowl I've in a Thai village especially a red shirt one you vote as your told by head of village and his band of cronies or watch out. The people here simply believe and know how they vote can and is seen even though I have tried to explain to them this is not possible given their are no numbers or marks on ballet paper that could possibly link them and how they voted. Im told you don't understand or know being a forang. Thats of course few wed trust in our brave res shirt village and area to discuss anything outside the party line.

COme on up and see for yourself and you will see how democracy works here in Thailand. In cities and towns it is different but in country and villages which are totally controlled in north east by Taksin its as democratic as a Stalin communist election or any other dictators election. Pick any one Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam, Gaddafi all elected in totally free and fair elections bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

I've lived in the NE for 10 full years now, speak the lingo etc, know various village headmen etc, and you are spouting just pure <deleted>.

Time to stop the BS!!

Supporters of Suthep still want to convince us, that this is the middleclass in a peaceful demonstration??

More like a ultra-national "rent-a-mob"

More sad than the Thais behaving like idiots, is that you got posters here applauding the fascist "sturmers"bah.gif

I often wondered how Hitler could get away with it, and now I see a repeat before my very eyes!!

its actually Taksin and his cronies who are more like Hitler and if you were not so blind you would clearly see Taksin's uses of his red thugs is exactly like Hitler's use of brown shirts and Red Shirt villages are very similar to Pol Pot's political education camps only those being politically educated red shirt and Taksin way live there. I should know I live n a red shirt village.

All this would go away and proper elections could be held if Taksin his puppet sister and clan simply stepped away and let Thailand move forward.

whatever you think this is not going to end until Takisn either wins total control and turns Thailand into his own one party state or he is finally defeated. I would choose Suphet any day over Taksin as would a large number of people. Taksin may be able to get again by money, bullying and other means a majority but until he goes their will be no peace.

And please don't give me this free and fair election crap. If yowl I've in a Thai village especially a red shirt one you vote as your told by head of village and his band of cronies or watch out. The people here simply believe and know how they vote can and is seen even though I have tried to explain to them this is not possible given their are no numbers or marks on ballet paper that could possibly link them and how they voted. Im told you don't understand or know being a forang. Thats of course few wed trust in our brave res shirt village and area to discuss anything outside the party line.

COme on up and see for yourself and you will see how democracy works here in Thailand. In cities and towns it is different but in country and villages which are totally controlled in north east by Taksin its as democratic as a Stalin communist election or any other dictators election. Pick any one Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam, Gaddafi all elected in totally free and fair elections bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

One who blame live in fear and insecurity, for they do not focus their energy on productive results.

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

facepalm.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gif

Yingluck government's brutality... That was a nice joke!

What are you laughing about? The government is composed of pople that sponsored and incited violence and arson back in the red riots. The burning of Bangkok has been officially deemed an act of terrorism. It even contains one very unsavory character that is inextricably linked to the string of Bangkok bombings with a very clear financial money trail to prove it.

Oh my god! BKK was burned?

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

facepalm.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gif

Yingluck government's brutality... That was a nice joke!

What are you laughing about? The government is composed of pople that sponsored and incited violence and arson back in the red riots. The burning of Bangkok has been officially deemed an act of terrorism. It even contains one very unsavory character that is inextricably linked to the string of Bangkok bombings with a very clear financial money trail to prove it.

Good comments! thumbsup.gif

"Students" fighting against democracy and the biggest opposition party ending up with ZERO MPs. Some serious stupidity going on in Thailand. The "Democrats" is surely the most useless opposition party in the world. Scoring own goals after own goals. Now the western world is against them for being against democracy, and soon they they will be eradicated from parliament, which is effectively the same as being disqualified. Looks like the uneducated "buffaloes" of the north are far more intelligent and streetwise then the "educated" elite. What a laughing stock!

• Like 2

Interesting to note the colour tag being attributed to the demonstrators when if one looks carefully there is indeed a match of colours in the crowds. So how can anyone actually apportion blame to any one particular political hued movement?

By their leaders?

These are students. The pride of Thailand future.

Come would you justify shooting at students?

In Thailand or any country at all.

I wonder how student in Thailand looks like so I google their images

https://www.google.com/search?q=thai+students&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nZe7UpTfKIqCrAfJ9oCICw&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=748

Ph my god. They all looks so innocent. How could Thaksin justify shooting them.

What? Thaksin is not shooting at anyone. He is not involved in the police response.

The methods used to protect those seeking to register for the vote are non lethal and acceptable in a civilized society. It is certainly a much more restrained response than the live fire killings at Tham U by the army. Would you prefer that the police step aside and allow a mob of bloodthirsty savages attack and beat up non violent people seeking to exercise their legal rights?

And again, most of the protestors are not students. Go and see for yourself.

But he does give the orders and he does own the police as well as the rest of the government.

TVF reflects the same unreasonable thinking as the pro and anti government protesters show.

The anti government protesters want the current government out because they are corrupt and broke the law

and somehow that gives them the right now to break the law.

Now the government upholds the law and now the anti government protesters don't like it.

As if, because they didn't follow the law before, no need to do it now?

So if someone commits an act against me that is against the law, I have then the right to retaliate even by means that breach the law?

I think the government has been very patient thus far.

They have dissolved parliament, called for elections, offered to cooperate with reforms.

But as soon as the government starts pushing back, for reasons and by means similar to most western countries, it is condemned.

I'm neither anti or pro government, and I understand why the anti camp is fed up with the current government, but

their aim of reforms on their terms only and installing a people's council selected by a relatively selective group, is just the wrong way.

Nobody even knows what that council's objectives for the country are, after the reform, or even the details of that reform.

For all you know, as an example, they will tighten immigration rules, have a special tax rate for foreigners residing in Thailand.

Not saying this will happen but....you just don't know.

My point is, the anti government camp sympathizers have no idea what they are rooting for,

and certainly no say in what laws, regulations, policies etc come into effect once there is a people's council.

As with most Thais that I've spoken to about it, in my opinion, all politicians should be removed and banned and replaced by new fresh stock.

Edited by arminbkk
  • Like 1

What? Thaksin is not shooting at anyone. He is not involved in the police response.

The methods used to protect those seeking to register for the vote are non lethal and acceptable in a civilized society. It is certainly a much more restrained response than the live fire killings at Tham U by the army. Would you prefer that the police step aside and allow a mob of bloodthirsty savages attack and beat up non violent people seeking to exercise their legal rights?

And again, most of the protestors are not students. Go and see for yourself.

But he does give the orders and he does own the police as well as the rest of the government.

You must really be obsessed by Thaksin, aren't you?

Who only speak against and not propose anything really concrete for the future of this country, doesn't add any brick to the building of Thailand stability. Yes Thaksin and clan out of the politics. At least we agree with that. But with legal and democratic means!

And please don't even come out with Suthep name, he is unacceptable for infinite reasons. Just give a look at last month Thaivisa daily news topics, you will have dozens.

• Like 1

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

Just as well it wasn't the reds otherwise the police would be facing grenades - launchers - assault rifles - snipers - petrol bombs and anything else you want to throw into the mix

How do you think that would end up ??????????

Go give yourself a history lesson of 2010 red riots and come back here and see how well you post above fits the occasion

Lets just hope the current protestors don't escalate and the shin government step down like they should

• Like 1

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

Just as well it wasn't the reds otherwise the police would be facing grenades - launchers - assault rifles - snipers - petrol bombs and anything else you want to throw into the mix

Go give yourself a history lesson of 2010 red riots and come back here and see how well you post above fits the occasion

Lets just hope the current protestors don't escalate and the shin government step down like they should

For your information: government has already been dissolved and elections called. And for Thai Constitution, Yingluck Government is the legit caretaker.

But I understand that Suthep and Democrats that now walk hand in hand already decided to take again the power with any other way that is not an election.

How nice, both side are corrupt, puppeted and greedy only of power. Sad situation indeed.

For your information: government has already been dissolved and elections called. And for Thai Constitution, Yingluck Government is the legit caretaker.

But I understand that Suthep and Democrats that now walk hand in hand already decided to take again the power with any other way that is not an election.

How nice, both side are corrupt, puppeted and greedy only of power. Sad situation indeed.

Actually, Thaksin is the prime minister. Yingluck just poses for pictures; when she actually shows up. Old trick to to make people believe 1. their vote counts 2. convince people the puppet not the handler has the power.

Was easier in the past to fool the uneducated; now they have wi fi and see how they're getting shafted.

Remember when people got ahold of Mussolini & his family?

Edited by gemini81

Haha. Riot police battling students protesting AGAINST free and fair elections. Amazing Thailand indeed! The laughing stock of the world.

Free and fair elections?????

How long have you been in Thailand?

Each successive election has been more free and more fair. This has coincided with the development of populist policies by the incumbent government and it's predecessors that the old-school, perpetually losing Democrats and their ilk prefer to call 'vote buying'. They have a completely different perception on how the lower classes should be 'used' and their place in society.

Very well put. The only way to develop a democracy is via the ballot box. That is how societies develop. Let us not forget that whilst the US has by and large free elections, it was not always so. Until the 1960s Black voters in the South were effectively disenfranchised. A couple of decades earlier the horrendously corrupt NY Democratic machine rigged presidential elections. Harry Truman only became vice president because of corrupt practices at the convention, and so on.

Democracies develop and mob overthrow is not part of that process.

Of course unrigging the ballot box has a roll to play too. That is what the current protests are about.

It is about having election after rooting out the corruption that has skewed the ballot box counts.

It is hoped this can be done without violence,

but the likelihood is small and growing smaller.

You have got that in one. The head former waiter is credited with having been responsible for several thousand deaths so she is in catch up mode.....

You have got that in one. The head former waiter is credited with having been responsible for several thousand deaths so she is in catch up mode.....

Actually, Thaksin is the prime minister. Yingluck just poses for pictures; when she actually shows up. Old trick to to make people believe 1. their vote counts 2. convince people the puppet not the handler has the power.

Was easier in the past to fool the uneducated; now they have wi fi and see how they're getting shafted.

Remember when people got ahold of Mussolini & his family?

I know perfectly what people like Thaksin and Suthep did and are trying to do with this country.

And there's not a magical potion to solve all problems with a move only.

Then: reforms has to be done. But not by a few not well identified throwing gasoline on the general hatred nationwide.

A common reform panel would have be a good start. But not in Suthep's plans...

Each successive election has been more free and more fair. This has coincided with the development of populist policies by the incumbent government and it's predecessors that the old-school, perpetually losing Democrats and their ilk prefer to call 'vote buying'. They have a completely different perception on how the lower classes should be 'used' and their place in society.

Very well put. The only way to develop a democracy is via the ballot box. That is how societies develop. Let us not forget that whilst the US has by and large free elections, it was not always so. Until the 1960s Black voters in the South were effectively disenfranchised. A couple of decades earlier the horrendously corrupt NY Democratic machine rigged presidential elections. Harry Truman only became vice president because of corrupt practices at the convention, and so on.

Democracies develop and mob overthrow is not part of that process.

So the East Germans and the Polish were very wrong by overthrow their government.

Now we wait for the proof when finally the North Korean vote Kim out of office.....

A sad and uneducated reply to a well composed post with this complete and utter garbage.

Trying to put the political strife in Thailand in the same boat as the post war East / West German divide or the dictatorship of North Korea is both astonishing and ridiculous.

• Like 2

Yes, these poor, poor protesters, are just trying to be peaceful. YEAH RIGHT

Maybe we read a different story the OP said nothing about the protestors coming with and using tear gas and guns with rubber bullets.

I believe the protestors unlike there opposition are on the right trail

How ever trying to stop or intimidate registration for the election is not the right thing to do. Continue to protest against it and in no way try to stop it by physical means.

Yingluck has given a lot of ground to what she originally said. She has been expecting it to fizzle out. Then carry on with her merry way. She is overwhelmed by the opposition and has at least one adviser with enough brains and guts to point out the err of her thinking and suggest backing down a little bit. If she is willing to go any further we will have to wait and see.

The bottom line is it is amazing how long they have had the number of protestors and stayed peaceful to a very large degree. The only real violence came when the red shirts tried there old trick of interrupting the oppositions protesting.

Does any one else notice that since they learned that trick will not work any more they have to a large degree remained silent. Nothing to say on the intellect level.