Bangkok: Taxi driver beaten unconscious by anti-govt protesters

webfact

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep's "peaceful-protest-followers" begin to show their true colors.

I feel disgusted at all the so-called "intellectuals" at universities like mine who have backed this sheep-in-wolve's-clothing over the past months, including signing statements of support for this anti-democracy fascist movement. Wonder if any of those academics studied the history of the rise of fascism in Germany prior to WW2? The parallels are multiplying.

Yes, I'm afraid this is something I have noticed too, though there are many honourable exceptions. Some of the academics concerned are going to find that this carries a cost when it comes to esteem in the outside world, not to mention the reaction of journal editors when they submit their papers.

Obviously the protestors must have been in the pay of the man in Dubai. There can be no other explanations for the Nation media outlets and their foreign lapdogs

I am not into Thai politics, but have I missed something here? How can the protestors be in the pay of the man in Dubai? Is he not the caretaker Premiers sister?

The poor guy went into a coma and died ......

All those in the clip smashing up his car whilst hes bleeding out are cowardly filth, this was not a flash point zone nor a riot or anything but supposed protesters peacefully blockading a road, yes right ... this guy was trying to work and basically got killed for driving a F###### taxi.

Dont even dare to try and justify it,

I am really serious when i say that if that poor taxi driver was a relation of mine, i would personally hunt down the instigator of this crime. His name is Suthep, and make him pay the ultimate price for what he has done.

It appears that the dead taxi driver got better.

Now let's see all the gossip believing, kangaroo court but cases on here retract their useless blame game posts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We don't have any news about the driver. And regardless if he is getting better (hopefully for him, my best wishes) or worse, this is what happened yesterday.

Video from youtube

Any comments to this? Or if he doesn't die (Prayer for him) so there's nothing to be condemned?

Obviously the protestors must have been in the pay of the man in Dubai. There can be no other explanations for the Nation media outlets and their foreign lapdogs

I am not into Thai politics, but have I missed something here? How can the protestors be in the pay of the man in Dubai? Is he not the caretaker Premiers sister?

Sorry, I meant brother

Peaceful protest! (Yeah, yeah ...in 2010...red shirts thugs...blah blah blah...)

Yes indeed thumbsup.gif and don't forget the fundamental difference. Whatever the red shirts did in 2010, they were fighting for their legitimate right to vote and for democracy.

These protesters are using violence to prevent ordinary people from having the right to vote and are sabotaging democracy. It's disgusting bah.gif

Yeah...maybe...but you didn't get my point!

I dont care, who did what and why...I am just disgusted by the fact, that we measure bad things with worse things.

I dont give a hoot, what happened 2010 and who was worse than who. This guy was beaten to a pulp TODAY!

In the name of justice, freedom and democracy - in a country that has no clue about either of it!

Edited by DocN

Peaceful protest! (Yeah, yeah ...in 2010...red shirts thugs...blah blah blah...)

Yes indeed thumbsup.gif and don't forget the fundamental difference. Whatever the red shirts did in 2010, they were fighting for their legitimate right to vote and for democracy.

These protesters are using violence to prevent ordinary people from having the right to vote and are sabotaging democracy. It's disgusting bah.gif

I dont care, who did what and why...I am just disgusted by the fact, that we measure bad things with worse things.

I dont give a hoot, what happened 2010 and who was worse than who. This guy died TODAY!

In the name of justice, freedom and democracy - in a country that has no clue about either of it!

The taxi driver didn't die he is alive and well, the reports of his death were just more red misinformation...........

Meanwhile, the taxi driver who was beaten by a group of anti-government protesters on Vibhavadi Road yesterday has received hospital treatment.

Edited by waza

Talking to the mrs now on the phone and she tells me one of the protesters died in hospital 3am this morning.

He was shot in the liver and had an operation which used up over 100 units of blood but could not be saved.

Says many of the protesters were badly beaten by the cops,

Also she talked to the nurse who's vehicle was attached by the cops, the girl was very shocked but wants to carry on helping people.

Compare that treatment to live ammunition that killed 90 redshirts during the military dictatorship. But you obviously won't, shameless hypocrite.

The poor guy went into a coma and died ......

All those in the clip smashing up his car whilst hes bleeding out are cowardly filth, this was not a flash point zone nor a riot or anything but supposed protesters peacefully blockading a road, yes right ... this guy was trying to work and basically got killed for driving a F###### taxi.

Dont even dare to try and justify it,

I am really serious when i say that if that poor taxi driver was a relation of mine, i would personally hunt down the instigator of this crime. His name is Suthep, and make him pay the ultimate price for what he has done.

It appears that the dead taxi driver got better.

Now let's see all the gossip believing, kangaroo court but cases on here retract their useless blame game posts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We don't have any news about the driver. And regardless if he is getting better (hopefully for him, my best wishes) or worse, this is what happened yesterday.

Video from youtube

Any comments to this? Or if he doesn't die (Prayer for him) so there's nothing to be condemned?

OMG...look at the a-holes destroying his car as he lays dying in the street.

These are animals!

• Like 1

Compare that treatment to live ammunition that killed 90 redshirts during the military dictatorship. But you obviously won't, shameless hypocrite.

Indeed, the body count in 2010 was skewed heavily towards one side, just as it is now. Funny how the side that gets the blame is also the side that suffers the bulk of the casualties.

• Like 1

I dont give a hoot, what happened 2010 and who was worse than who. This guy died TODAY!

The taxi driver didn't die he is alive and well, the reports of his death were just more red misinformation...........

Meanwhile, the taxi driver who was beaten by a group of anti-government protesters on Vibhavadi Road yesterday has received hospital treatment.

I edited my post already, as I knew someone would point that out...although his condition is unclear.

And by the way: that doesn't change the validity of my point!

I edited my post already, as I knew someone would point that out...although his condition is unclear.

he's in about the same condition as the 14 protestors arrested and now bailed by the RTP and much better than the 4 protestors who were shot, especially the one who died.

he's in about the same condition as the 14 protestors arrested and now bailed by the RTP and much better than the 4 protestors who were shot, especially the one who died.

Protester were there voluntarily, breaking the law, and have been asked to leave the premises.

Taxi driver was working and see what happened...

Yes, he's really in the same conditions. Sure.

• Like 1

Protester were there voluntarily, breaking the law, and have been asked to leave the premises.

Taxi driver was working and see what happened...

Yes, he's really in the same conditions. Sure.

Not only were they breaking the law. They were disrupting the democratic process.

On the subject of thai men hating the farang. (and women i guess, but my massive straw poll evidence consist of one person who was 100% male).

Was coming back from Koh Samui. The bus dropped us off at Kao san road. I had to get to Nasa Vegas hotel. I had a fuc_king huge snowboard bag with me. I was haggling like a beast, but when you have a snowboard bag like that (dont ask) you eventually have to accept the deal you get or you drag that thing kms up the road to the nearest subway.

Anyways...

Approached by several taxi drivers all laughing about the bag. Liked one, but he kept trying to convince me i needed to go to a strip club. He passed me onto his mate, who then spent ten minutes chatting and negotiating the fare and trying to convince me about all the sexy places he could take me.

Thanks, but no dude, i just want to get to the hotel.

Got in the taxi and off we went. It took almost 10 minutes of flat out refusals and continual reminders that i wasnt here as a tourist but was a teacher that he eventually relented.

And in relenting, a wave of relief crossed his face that he could give up on the bullshit. I swear down. We chatted a bit. Obviously from Isaan, he hated that he had to do that whole thing, but he makes a cut from the bars so he goes full on. He seemed happy that as a teacher that he hadnt worn me down (not that he stood a chance mind you, did i mention the 35kg snowboard albatros sitting in the boot of his car?). In the continuation of the discussion, one thing became apparent. He kinda found the whole sex industry and that foreigners use it, as a kind of national disgrace.

He was a lovely bloke. Genuinely. Once the facade dropped he was just a hard working dude putting food on the table.

But this glaring hypocrisy was outrageous. Him and his friends had literally spent twenty minutes trying to convince me to go to a sex show. No let up. And yet, despite this; despite playing this whole game on dumb naive tourists that this was the most normal thing in the world for a taxi driver to insist that they all go to a cool sex show and not to the place they requested (and then when you refuse, just ramp up the matey playful nudge nudge ladyboys with huge cocks thing), should the foreigner relent, he would then have just one more dick head confirming what he always knew about foreigners. Confirmation bias i guess. But was he wrong?

Its this weird nasty little game that everyone seems to be playing. But lets be honest, plenty of people do join in and play the naive tourist suspending their disbelief a little and telling themselves that this is just how things are in thailand and its really just harmelss consequence free (moral or otherwise) fun.

I liked the dude a lot. But its right there, that little unspoken nod and a wink where we can pretend we dont understand whats going on so he can make a bit of cash to send home. Its an unspoken covenant between men who get to pretend to hate each other for what they turned them into.

Edited by inutil

Thanks for posting it. Those red mob brainwashed supporters jumped the gun and declared the man dead. Nothing knew on the western front. Red mob style never changes. Lies, propaganda and more lies. Zero credibility.

They massacred him and destroyed the taxi. It has pictures and video. And the guy had a nail in his head.

Well, he is alive! All what witnessed is propaganda. Nothing happened. Cheers.

Anyway very glad to see him getting better, and sad to know another guy was dead at hospital today.

Violence always have a terrible price.

Edited by newcomer71

They massacred him and destroyed the taxi. It has pictures and video. And the guy had a nail in his head.

Anyway very glad to see him getting better, and sad to know another guy was dead at hospital today.

It's not all propaganda. However some of you should show some decency and publicly apologise for declaring a man dead just to gain some cheap political points. Next time wait for an official report before you start declaring people dead. It's embarrassing how low some of you are prepared to go just to smear the other side.

Anyway, look up the word massacre. You're definitely getting carried away. cheesy.gif

Thanks for posting it. Those red mob brainwashed supporters jumped the gun and declared the man dead. Nothing knew on the western front. Red mob style never changes. Lies, propaganda and more lies. Zero credibility.

A man was dragged from his car, and beaten half to death for wanting to go about his lawful business. The man's brain damaged maybe; severely traumatized certainly - but he's not dead. So that's alright then! The whole story was just blown up red propaganda........

Will you listen to yourself......

A man was dragged from his car, and beaten half to death for wanting to go about his lawful business. The man's brain damaged maybe; severely traumatized certainly - but he's not dead. So that's alright then! The whole story was just blown up red propaganda........

Will you listen to yourself......

Stop embarrassing yourself. Short while ago the man was DEAD-DEAD, now you're changing the tune and declaring him beaten half to death as if it makes it better. A lie is a lie. Give it up, will you? Just imagine how would your family and friends feel if someone declared you dead just to score cheap propaganda and political points. Absolutely tasteless.

It's not all propaganda. However some of you should show some decency and publicly apologise for declaring a man dead just to gain some cheap political points. Next time wait for an official report before you start declaring people dead. It's embarrassing how low some of you are prepared to go just to smear the other side.

Anyway, look up the word massacre. You're definitely getting carried away. cheesy.gif

You spoken about propaganda before, which propaganda? Do you think any member of TV is associated in any form with government/Thaksin/red shirts? If yes, who? It's easy to accuse people without name them.

Sure it was a mistake to write the poor guy was dead, but this did not change the terms. The action a group of protester was protagonist of, it's cruel bestiality.

Some of you what? You refer to me? I am against violence and illegality and you?

And take a look at the definition of verb to massacre:

massacre [ˈmæsəkə]

vb (tr)
1. to kill indiscriminately or in large numbers
2. Informal to defeat overwhelmingly

The definition number 2 applies very well, but I made a mistake: I should also add two adjectives: vile and shameful.

However some of you should show some decency and publicly apologise for declaring a man dead just to gain some cheap political points.

I admit I was wrong when saying that he was dead. I should have waited to get confirmation on the rumors. Although I vehemently deny that I did it to score any political points.

He might as well have died. That he didn't doesn't change the fact that it was attempted murder.

• Like 1